Following the FIS Nordic World Ski Championships 1940 being awarded to Oslo, the Association for the Promotion of Skiing decided to build a larger in-run.
Construction started in 1938 and consisted of a tall in-run tower.
The take-off was moved further back and higher.
The new structure was inaugurated in 1940, although the World Championships were canceled due to the Second World War.
The venue was subsequently left unused for five years during the German occupation of Norway.
German forced used the hill as a site for anti-aircraft artillery and the in-run was painted green.
In 1945, the venue received a new upgrade, this time with new grandstands and a larger profile.