Help


from Wikipedia
« »  
Created by an act of the Georgia Legislature on August 18, 1906 as the 11th District A & M School, it became Georgia's first state-supported two-year college in 1927.
In 1932 South Georgia College emerged as one of the original 26 institutions of the University System of Georgia which traces its origins to the chartering of the University of Georgia in 1785.
Joseph Meriwether Thrash ( 1885-1947 ) joined the faculty in 1907, and later served as the fifth principal of the A & M School.
He became the college's first president in 1927.

1.773 seconds.