[permalink] [id link]
* ( 1973 ): Ethnobotany of Western Washington ( Revised ed .).
Some Related Sentences
1973 and ):
* Earl Jellicoe and Lord Lambton sex scandal ( 1973 ): Conservatives, junior defence minister Lambton is arrested for using prostitutes and Cabinet minister Jellicoe also confesses.
* Oldest head of state ( elected ): Éamon de Valera, President of Ireland until 1973 aged 90 and 8 months.
“ The Identity of Sir Thomas Malory, Knight-Prisoner .” The Review of English Studies ; 24. 95 ( 1973 ): 257-265.
* Children ( 8 ): Gwendolyn Gail ( 1935 – 1976 ), Sue ( 1937 – 1978 ), Bill ( 1939 – 1962 ), Cathy Ann ( 1943 – 1947 ), Arlo Davy ( 1947 –), Joady Ben ( 1948 –), Nora ( 1950 –), Lorinna Lynn ( 1954 – 1973 )
( 1973 ): Morphologische und funktionelle Untersuchungen über den, lautlosen ” Flug der Eulen ( strix aluco ) im Vergleich zum Flug der Enten ( Anas platyrhynchos ).
73 ): 3 – 32 ( First English translation, 1973, pdf-file, downloadable, from Journal of Palestine Studies )
* Cook, Sherburne F. " The Significance of Disease in the Extinction of the New England Indians ," Human Biology 45 ( 1973 ): 485-508.
The majority opinion amongst historians is that of W. L. Warren ( 1973 ): " The Young Henry was the only one of his family who was popular in his own day.
" New England Magazine 5 ( 1892 ): 647-56 ; Boston: Small, Maynard & Co., 1899 ; NY: Feminist Press, 1973 Afterword Elaine Hedges ; Oxford: Oxford UP, 1995.
* Season 6 ( 1972 – 1973 ): Lily Tomlin, Richard Dawson, Moosie Drier, Tod Bass, Brian Bressler, Patti Deutsch, Lisa Farringer, Sarah Kennedy, Jud Strunk, Willie Tyler, Donna Jean Young.
1973 and Western
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, winner of the 1970 Nobel Prize in Literature, introduced the term to the Western world with the 1973 publication of his novel The Gulag Archipelago.
Taito released a four-way joystick as part of their arcade racing video game Astro Race in 1973, while their 1975 run and gun multi-directional shooter game Western Gun introduced dual-stick controls with one eight-way joystick for movement and the other for changing the shooting direction.
* 1973 – Black September storms the Saudi embassy in Khartoum, Sudan, resulting in the assassination of three Western hostages.
More recent uses include: by France during the First Indochina War ( 1946 – 1954 ), the Algerian War ( 1954 – 1962 ), the Portuguese Colonial War ( 1961 – 1974 ) and the Western Sahara War ( 1975 – 1991 ), The Six-Day War by Israel ( 1967 ), in Nigeria ( 1969 ), India and Pakistan ( 1965 and 1971 ), Turkey during the invasion of Cyprus ( 1974 ), by Morocco during the Western Sahara War ( 1975 – 1991 ), Iran ( 1980 – 88 ), Brazil ( 1972 ), Egypt ( 1973 ), Iraq ( 1980 – 88, 1991, 2003 – 2011 ), Angola ( 1993 ), Yugoslavia ( 1991-1996 ), and by Argentina ( 1982 ).
* Peckinpah's penchant for filming action scenes in slow motion was satirized by Benny Hill in a Western skit called " The Deputy " that first aired on his March 29, 1973 special.
* Donald Featherstone Tank Battles in Miniature: Wargamers ' Guide to the Western Desert Campaign, 1940-42, P. Stephens Ltd 1973
In the Western English-speaking countries, multiculturalism as an official national policy started in Canada in 1971, followed by Australia, where it has since been displaced by assimilation, in 1973.
His second term in office began in 1974, when a period of economic crisis was beginning to hit most Western countries ( see 1973 oil crisis, Stagflation, Eurosclerosis ).
The 1973 oil embargo by OPEC spurred an oil boom in eastern Montana, northern Wyoming and Western North Dakota.
In 1973, as part of the Chessie System, the Western Maryland ownership went to C & O and it was operated by the B & O.
" Notes on Serfdom in Western and Eastern Europe ," Journal of Economic History March 1973 33: 86-99 in JSTOR
In 1973 Western added nine McDonnell Douglas DC-10s, marketing their wide-body cabins as " DC-10 Spaceships ".
The 1973 oil embargo happened in October following the United States ' and Western Europe's support of Israel against Arab nations in the Yom Kippur War of 1973.
The band's next album, Vagabonds of the Western World was released in September 1973 to positive reviews, but again failed to chart.
Supply-side economics developed during the 1970s in response to Keynesian economic policy, and in particular the failure of demand management to stabilize Western economies during the stagflation of the 1970s, in the wake of the oil crisis in 1973.
Having completed a University of Western Australia masters degree by thesis in 1970, on the topic of the appropriations power under the Australian Constitution, in 1973 he won a Fulbright scholarship and was appointed as an associate in law at Columbia University, New York, teaching legal research and writing, and international law.
In 1973, the Western Carl Zeiss AG entered into a licensing agreement with the Japanese camera company Yashica to produce a series of high-quality 35 mm film cameras and lenses bearing the Contax and Zeiss brand names.
During the 1973 Arab-Israeli War, launched by Sadat, King Faisal withdrew Saudi oil from world markets, in protest over Western support for Israel during the conflict.
The black swan is the official bird emblem of Western Australia, although only formally adopted in 1973.