[permalink] [id link]
* 1775 – Charlotte of Spain ( d. 1830 )
Some Related Sentences
1775 and –
It is named after André-Marie Ampère ( 1775 – 1836 ), French mathematician and physicist, considered the father of electrodynamics.
* 1703 – Lorenzo Ricci, Italian religious leader, 18th Superior General of the Society of Jesus ( d. 1775 )
André-Marie Ampère ( 20 January 1775 – 10 June 1836 ) was a French physicist and mathematician who is generally regarded as one of the main founders of the science of classical electromagnetism, which he referred to as " electrodynamics ".
* 1775 – American Revolutionary War: King George III delivers his Proclamation of Rebellion to the Court of St. James's stating that the American colonies have proceeded to a state of open and avowed rebellion.
* 1775 – American Revolution: The British advancement by sea begins ; Paul Revere and other riders warn the countryside of the troop movements.
* 1775 – American Revolutionary War: the Siege of Boston begins, following the battles at Lexington and Concord.
* 1775 – American Revolutionary War: The war begins with an American victory in Concord during the battles of Lexington and Concord.
* Mathews, L. K. “ Benjamin Franklin ’ s Plans for a Colonial Union, 1750 – 1775 .” American Political Science Review 8 ( August 1914 ): 393 – 412.
* David R. MacGregor, Fast Sailing Ships: Their Design and Construction, 1775 – 1875 Naval Institute Press, 1988 ISBN 0-87021-895-6 index
* 1775 – At Fort Ticonderoga, Henry Knox begins his historic transport of artillery to Cambridge, Massachusetts.
* 1775 – The becomes the first vessel to fly the Grand Union Flag ( the precursor to the Stars and Stripes ); the flag is hoisted by John Paul Jones.
1775 and Charlotte
He married Helena Cookes ( an amateur botanical illustrator, and erstwhile patient of his ) in 1772 ; they had three children ( the first, Helena was born in 1775 but died a few days later, William was born in 1776, and Charlotte in 1778 ).
In 1565, the Spanish named " Carlos Bay ," followed by the English in 1775 who named the area Charlotte Harbor in tribute to the Queen Charlotte Sophia, wife of King George III.
* Lord George William Frederick Osborne ( 21 July 1775 – 10 July 1838 ), later 6th Duke of Leeds ; married Lady Charlotte Townshend, daughter of the 1st Marquess Townshend, on 17 August 1797 and had issue.
It was supposedly signed on May 20, 1775, at Charlotte, North Carolina, by a committee of citizens of Mecklenburg County, who declared independence from Great Britain after hearing of the battle of Lexington.
According to Dr. Alexander, his father, John McKnitt Alexander, had been the clerk at a meeting convened in Charlotte on May 19, 1775.
Invited by his students, he visited England twice, from Easter to early summer 1770 and from August 1774 to Christmas 1775, where he was received cordially by George III and Queen Charlotte.
Lady Charlotte Susan Maria Bury ( née Campbell ) ( January 28, 1775 – April 1, 1861 ) was an English novelist, who is chiefly remembered in connection with a Diary illustrative of the Times of George IV ( 1838 ).
1775 and Spain
Spain later recouped most of those territorial losses with the Treaty of Paris ( 1783 ), which ended the American Revolutionary War ( 1775 – 1783 ), and gained an improved international standing.
Image: Map of territorial growth 1775. svg | In 1775, the British claimed authority over the red and pink areas on this map and Spain claimed the orange.
In the four months ' conclave which followed the death of Clement XIV Spain, France and Portugal at length dropped their objection to Braschi, who was after all one of the more moderate opponents of the anti-Jesuit policy of the previous Pope, and he was elected to the Holy See on 15 February 1775, taking the name of Pius VI.
In early 1775, Don Antonio María de Bucareli y Ursúa, Viceroy of New Spain, authorized the establishment of two additional mission sites, one of these to be placed at a logical halfway point between Mission San Diego de Alcalá and Mission San Gabriel Arcángel.
The title subsequently remained in the Orléans family, and was borne in particular by Antoine Philippe ( 1775 – 1807 ), son of Philippe Egalité, and by Antoine Marie Philippe Louis ( 1824 – 1890 ), son of King Louis-Philippe and father-in-law of King Alphonso XII of Spain.
Joseph Blanco White, born José María Blanco Crespo ( 11 July 1775 in Seville, Spain – 20 May 1841 in Liverpool, England ), was a Spanish theologian and poet.
Doña Carlota Joaquina of Spain ( Carlota Joaquina Teresa Caetana ; 25 April 1775 – 7 January 1830 ) was a Queen consort of Portugal as wife of John VI.
Captain Ramón Power y Giralt ( October 7, 1775 – June 10, 1813 ), commonly known as Ramón Power, was, according to Puerto Rican historian Lidio Cruz Monclova, among the first native-born Puerto Ricans to refer to himself as a " Puerto Rican " and to fight for the equal representation of Puerto Rico in front of the parliamentary government of Spain.
In 1775, he responded to a royal certificate from King Carlos III of Spain, in which the king asked for commentary on the placement of a university in the city of Guadalajara.
Late in 1775, Colonel Juan Bautista de Anza led an overland expedition over the Gila River trail he had discovered in 1774 to bring colonists from Sonora New Spain ( Mexico ) to California to settle two missions, one presidio, and one pueblo ( town ).
In 1775 the American Revolutionary War broke out, widening into war with France from 1778 and Spain in 1779.
They survived in Spain and southern France as Catalan forges to the mid-19th century, and in Austria as the stuckofen to 1775.
His first locally built ship, the Miramichi, sank off Spain on her maiden voyage and his second ship was wrecked in 1775 off the northern tip of Prince Edward Island.
* Spanish Exploration: Hezeta ( Heceta ) and Bodega y Quadra Expedition of 1775 to Formally Claim the Pacific Northwest for Spain
The Trail commemorates the 1775 – 1776 land route that Spanish commander Juan Bautista de Anza took from the Sonora y Sinaloa Province of New Spain in Colonial Mexico through to the Las Californias Province.