[permalink] [id link]
* 1777 – Francis I of the Two Sicilies ( d. 1830 )
Some Related Sentences
1777 and –
* 1777 – American Revolutionary War: British forces abandon the Siege of Fort Stanwix after hearing rumors of Continental Army reinforcements.
* 1777 – American Revolutionary War: The bloody Battle of Oriskany prevents American relief of the Siege of Fort Stanwix.
* 1777 – American Revolutionary War: The Americans led by General John Stark rout British and Brunswick troops under Friedrich Baum at the Battle of Bennington in Walloomsac, New York.
Anne's father, Patrick Brontë ( 1777 – 1861 ), was born in a two-room cottage in Emdale, Loughbrickland, County Down, Ireland.
* 1777 – American Revolutionary War: The Battle of Ridgefield: A British invasion force engages and defeats Continental Army regulars and militia irregulars at Ridgefield, Connecticut.
# Maria-Anna Elisa Bonaparte ( 1777 – 1820 ), Grand-Duchess of Tuscany married Félix Bacciochi Levoy
Clausewitz, Hermann von Boyen ( 1771 – 1848 ) and Karl von Grolman ( 1777 – 1843 ) were Scharnhorst's primary allies in his efforts to reform the Prussian army between 1807 and 1814.
* 1777 – The United States celebrates its first Thanksgiving, marking the recent victory by the Americans over General John Burgoyne in the Battle of Saratoga in October.
David was the third of six children, two daughters and four sons: James ( 1777 – 1847 ), minister at Craig, Ferryden ; David ; David ; George ( 1784 – 1855 ), minister at Scoonie, Fife ; and Patrick ( 1788 – 1859 ), minister at the abbey church, Paisley.
1777 and Francis
However much Walton was indebted to his helpers, the Polyglot Bible is a great monument of industry and of capacity for directing a vast undertaking, and the Prolegomena ( separately reprinted by Dathe, 1777, and by Francis Wrangham, 1825 ) show judgment as well as learning.
Francis Nash ( 1742 – October 7, 1777 ) was a brigadier general killed in the American Revolutionary War.
* Lord Francis Osborne ( 18 October 1777 – 15 February 1850 ), later 1st Baron Godolphin ; married The Hon.
Francis I of the Two Sicilies (; 14 August 1777 – 8 November 1830 ) was King of the Two Sicilies from 1825 to 1830.
At the Battle of Bemis Heights ( Second Battle of Saratoga ) on October 7, 1777, Murphy is reputed to have shot and killed Sir Francis Clerke and General Simon Fraser.
Like his contemporary Francis Hayman, Richards worked as a scene painter in London's theatres ( 1777 – 1803 ).
Francis Howard Greenway ( 20 November 1777 – September 1837 ) was an English architect who was transported to Australia for the crime of forgery.
* James Carr ( Massachusetts politician ) ( 1777 – 1818 ), American politician, U. S. House of Representatives from Massachusetts, son of Francis Carr
Francis Greenway, a transported convict who became a prominent architect in Sydney, New South Wales, and whose image appeared on the first Australian decimal-currency $ 10 note in 1966, was born in Mangotsfield in 1777.
But the firm lost money in eight of its first fourteen years, as Francis Baring learned how to judge markets ; having started out with £ 10, 000 he reckoned that by 1777 his net worth stood at just £ 2500.
In her preface, she included the text of the original petition sent to the Second Continental Congress in July 1777 by three Philadelphia clergymen: Francis Alison, John Ewing, and William Marshalle.
Francis Charles Seymour-Conway, 3rd Marquess of Hertford KG, GCH PC ( 11 March 1777 – 1 March 1842 ), styled Viscount Beauchamp between 1793 and 1794 and Earl of Yarmouth between 1794 and 1822, was a British Tory politician and art collector.