[permalink] [id link]
* 1868 – Hong Beom-do, Korean activist ( d. 1943 )
Some Related Sentences
1868 and –
President Lincoln ( center right ) with, from left, Generals Sherman, Grant and Admiral Porter – 1868 painting of events aboard the River Queen ( steamboat ) | River Queen in March, 1865
* 1868 – A massive earthquake near Arica, Peru, causes an estimated 25, 000 casualties, and the subsequent tsunami causes considerable damage as far away as Hawaii and New Zealand.
* 1868 – Bernarr Macfadden, American bodybuilder, author, and publisher, founded Macfadden Publications ( d. 1955 )
During the Tokugawa period ( 1600 – 1868 ) the Ainu became increasingly involved in trade with Japanese who controlled the southern portion of the island that is now called Hokkaido.
The dethroning of queen Isabel II meant a vacuum that was profited by the Bank of New York and some Cubans opposed to the projected extension of the 1837 Abolition Act to finance a Texas style " independence " revolution known as the Cuban 10 Years War ( 1868 – 78 ) lost by the Cubans.
August Horch ( 12 October 1868 – 3 February 1951 ) was a German engineer and automobile pioneer, the founder of the manufacturing giant which would eventually become Audi.
* Charles Aubrey Eaton ( 1868 – 1953 ), clergyman and politician who served in the United States House of Representatives, representing the from 1925 – 1933, and the from 1933-1953.
* 1868 – Former Shogun Tokugawa Yoshinobu surrenders Edo Castle to Imperial forces, marking the end of the Tokugawa shogunate.
* 1868 – Henry James O ' Farrell, Australian attempted assassin of Alfred, Duke of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha
1868 and Hong
The first of these local silver coins was the Hong Kong silver dollar coin that was minted in Hong Kong between the years 1866 and 1868.
The sixth Governor of Hong Kong, Sir Richard MacDonnell had a summer residence built on the Peak circa 1868.
The Chinese did not however receive these new Hong Kong dollars well, and in 1868 the Hong Kong mint was closed down with a loss of $ 440, 000.
In 1868, he and Sir Hormusjee Naorojee Mody formed Chater & Mody, a largely successful business partnership in Hong Kong, although the firm's Hong Kong Milling Company ( aka Rennie's Mill ) failed in 1908 and resulted in the suicide of Albert Rennie.
The British originally used British postage stamps overprinted with the local currency amount, but from 1868, the British changed to Hong Kong postage stamps already denominated in dollars.
She served from August 2, 1868 until June 1869 and later was used on the San Francisco to Panama City and San Francisco to Hong Kong services until 1879.
1868 and Korean
State funerals have been held in Washington D. C. for William Henry Harrison ( 1841 ), Zachary Taylor ( 1850 ), Abraham Lincoln ( 1865 ), Thaddeus Stevens ( 1868 ), James A. Garfield ( 1881 ), William McKinley ( 1901 ), Warren Harding ( 1920 ), the Unknown Soldier of World War I ( 1921 ), William Howard Taft ( 1930 ), John J. Pershing ( 1948 ), the Unknown Soldiers of World War II and the Korean War ( 1958 ), John F. Kennedy ( 1963 ), Douglas MacArthur ( 1964 ), Herbert Hoover ( 1964 ), Dwight D. Eisenhower ( 1969 ), Lyndon B. Johnson ( 1973 ), Ronald Reagan ( 2004 ), and Gerald Ford ( 2006-2007 ).
1868 and activist
This playful lullaby was collected in Moravia by František Sušil ( 1804 – 1868 ), a priest and an activist of Czech national revival.
* Walerian Łukasiński ( 1786 – 1868 )-was a Polish officer and political activist, sentenced by Russian Imperial authorities to 14 years ' imprisonment, he was never released and died after 46 years.
* October 17-Emily Murphy, women's rights activist, jurist and author, first woman magistrate in Canada and in the British Empire ( b. 1868 )
Du Bois ( February 23, 1868 – August 27, 1963 ), sociologist, historian, civil rights activist, author, and editor
John Hope ( June 2, 1868 – February 20, 1936 ), born in Augusta, Georgia, was an African-American educator and political activist.
* John Baker ( Baker Brook ) ( 1796 – 1868 ), political activist, founded the village of Baker Brook, New Brunswick
Du Bois ( William Edward Burghardt Du Bois, 1868 – 1963 ), American sociologist, historian, civil rights activist and author
Hipolit Cegielski ( 6 January 1813, Ławki – 30 November 1868, Poznań ) was a Polish businessman and social and cultural activist.
Paul Marie Ghislain Otlet (; ; 23 August 1868 – 10 December 1944 ) was a French-speaking Belgian author, entrepreneur, visionary, lawyer and peace activist ; he is one of several people who have been considered the father of information science, a field he called " documentation ".