[permalink] [id link]
* 1921 – Georg Alexander, Duke of Mecklenburg ( d. 1996 )
Some Related Sentences
1921 and –
( Rossum's Universal Robots ) ( 1921 ) – the play that introduced the word robot to the world – were organic artificial humans, the word " robot " has come to primarily refer to mechanical humans, animals, and other beings.
* 1921 – Black Friday: mine owners announce more wage and price cuts, leading to the threat of a strike all across England.
* 1921 – The British install the son of Sharif Hussein bin Ali ( leader of the Arab Revolt of 1916 against the Ottoman Empire ) as King Faisal I of Iraq.
They won the first eight matches in succession including a 5 – 0 whitewash in 1920 – 1921 at the hands of Warwick Armstrong's team.
The most important Canadian theorist was an American immigrant, Henry Wise Wood, president of the United Farmers of Alberta ( UFA ) during that movement's time as the governing party of the province ( 1921 – 1935 ).
* 1921 – Major League Baseball Commissioner Kenesaw Mountain Landis confirms the ban of the eight Chicago Black Sox, the day after they were acquitted by a Chicago court.
The second generation was led by Fernand Braudel ( 1902 – 1985 ) and included Georges Duby ( 1919 – 1996 ), Pierre Goubert ( 1915 – 2012 ), Robert Mandrou ( 1921 – 1984 ), Pierre Chaunu ( 1923 – 2009 ), Jacques Le Goff ( 1924 – ) and Ernest Labrousse ( 1895 – 1988 ).
1921 and Georg
Mathematical conditions for feedback oscillations, now called the Barkhausen criterion, were derived by Heinrich Georg Barkhausen in 1921.
* January 26 – Duke Georg Alexander of Mecklenburg, head of the House of Mecklenburg-Strelitz ( b. 1921 )
Inge Lehmann was born and grew up in Østerbro, a part of Copenhagen, as daughter of the experimental psychologist Alfred Georg Ludvik Lehmann ( 1858 – 1921 ).
Georg Ritter von Schönerer ( 17 July 1842-14 August 1921 ) was an Austrian landowner and politician of the Austro-Hungarian Monarchy active in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
As an example, Phillip Lenard published a paper in 1921 in which he gave priority for " E = mc² " to Hasenöhrl ( Lenard also gave credit to Johann Georg von Soldner and Paul Gerber in relation to some effects of general relativity ).
* Georg Bose ( 1921 – 2011 ), German soldier during WWII, Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross recipient
1967 ); Andrei Bely ( 1880-1934 ): Petersburg ( 1913 ); Guillaume Apollinaire ( 1880-1918 ): Alcools ( 1913 ); Georg Trakl ( 1887-1914 ): Poems ( 1913 ); Rainer Maria Rilke ( 1875-1926 ): The Notebooks of Malte Laurids Brigge ( 1910 ), Sonnets to Orpheus ( 1922 ), Duino Elegies ( 1922 ); Gottfried Benn ( 1886-1956 ): Morgue and other Poems ( 1912 ); Luigi Pirandello ( 1867-1936 ): Six Characters in Search of an Author ( 1921 ); D. H. Lawrence ( 1885-1930 ): Sons and Lovers ( 1913 ), The Rainbow ( 1915 ); Wyndham Lewis ( 1882-1957 ): Tarr ( 1918 ); W. B. Yeats ( 1865-1939 ): The Green Helmet ( 1910 ), Wild Swans at Coole ( 1917 ); Eugene O ' Neill ( 1888-1953 ): Anna Christie ( 1920 ), The Emperor Jones ( 1920 ); Karel Čapek ( 1890-1938 ): R. U. R.
1921 and Alexander
* Alexander I, Prince Regent ( 1918 – 1921 ), King of Serbs, Croats, and Slovenes / Yugoslavia ( 1921 – 1934 )
Historian Charles Alexander estimated that by the end of 1921, Tulsa had 3, 200 residents in the Klan.
Alexander Dubček (; 27 November 1921 – 7 November 1992 ) was a Slovak politician and, briefly, leader of Czechoslovakia ( 1968 – 1969 ), famous for his attempt to reform the communist regime during the Prague Spring.
* Russian — Blok, Alexander: The Fairground Booth a. k. a. The Puppet Show ( 1906 ); Evreinov, Nikolai: A Merry Death ( 1908 ), Today's Columbine ( 1915 ), The Chief Thing ( 1921 ; turned into film, La Comédie du bonheur, in 1940 ).
In Hawaii sons Bruce Cartwright ( 1853 – 1919 ) and Alexander Joy Cartwright III ( 1855 – 1921 ) were born.
Alexander Murray Palmer Haley ( August 11, 1921 – February 10, 1992 ) was an African-American writer.
Sweeney rejected Rebay ’ s dismissal of " objective " painting and sculpture, and he soon acquired Constantin Brâncuşi's Adam and Eve ( 1921 ), followed by works of other modernist sculptors, including Jean Arp, Alexander Calder, Alberto Giacometti and David Smith.
Jesse Alexander Helms, Jr. ( October 18, 1921 – July 4, 2008 ) was a five-term Republican United States Senator from North Carolina who served as chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee from 1995 to 2001.
Summerhill School is an independent British boarding school that was founded in 1921 by Alexander Sutherland Neill with the belief that the school should be made to fit the child, rather than the other way around.
* Alexander Pell ( 1857 – 1921 ) ( known in Russia as Sergey Degayev ), the first Dean ( 1905 ) of the School of Engineering and a researcher in mathematics
Queen Alexandra of Yugoslavia (, ;) ( 25 March 1921 – 30 January 1993 ) was the wife of the last King of Yugoslavia, Peter II and mother of Alexander, Crown Prince of Yugoslavia.
The book 1921: The Yankees, the Giants, and the Battle for Baseball Supremacy in New York by Lyle Spatz, Steve Steinberg, Charles C. Alexander, takes a look at how Mays had social problems with his teammates and how that actually led him to be sold to the Yankees from the Red Sox.