[permalink] [id link]
* 1927 – The first Oswald the Lucky Rabbit cartoon, Trolley Troubles, produced by Walt Disney, is released by Universal Pictures.
Some Related Sentences
1927 and –
Fifteen statuettes were awarded, honoring artists, directors and other personalities of the filmmaking industry of the time for their works during the 1927 – 1928 period.
Percy Bysshe Shelley composed a " Hymn of Apollo " ( 1820 ), and the god's instruction of the Muses formed the subject of Igor Stravinsky's Apollon musagète ( 1927 – 1928 ).
* 1927 – April 12 Incident: Chiang Kai-shek orders the Communist Party of China members executed in Shanghai, ending the First United Front.
* 1927 – The Federal Industrial Institute for Women opens in Alderson, West Virginia, as the first women's federal prison in the United States.
* 1927 – Douglas Fairbanks and Mary Pickford become the first celebrities to leave their footprints in concrete at Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood.
* 1927 – Five Canadian women file a petition to the Supreme Court of Canada, asking, " Does the word ' Persons ' in Section 24 of the British North America Act, 1867, include female persons?
* 1927 – The Nanchang Uprising marks the first significant battle in the Chinese Civil War between the Kuomintang and Communist Party of China.
1927 and first
With these aids, and a pair of skiis substituting for wheels on the Waco, Bob Fogg made the first landing on what is now part of the Barre-Montpelier Airport on November 21, 1927.
But now, for the first time since Lou Gehrig ( with 47 home runs ) spurred Ruth on in 1927, two men playing for the same team have zeroed in on 60.
It was heard again in Philadelphia in 1927 in the first version of `` Strike Up The Band '' and again abandoned shortly before the entire show was given up.
The first Academy Awards ceremony was held on May 16, 1929, at the Hotel Roosevelt in Hollywood to honor the outstanding film achievements of the 1927 / 1928 film season.
* In 1927, Charles Lindbergh made the first solo non-stop transatlantic flight in an aircraft ( between New York City and Paris ).
According to Lovecraft's " History of the Necronomicon " ( written 1927, first published 1938 ), Alhazred was:
This approach was continued by Russell and Whitehead in their influential Principia Mathematica, first published 1910-1913, and with a revised second edition in 1927.
In 1927 welding pioneer Stefan Bryła designed the first welded road bridge in the world, which was later built across the river Słudwia Maurzyce near Łowicz, Poland in 1929.
Ruth was the first player to hit 60 home runs in one season ( 1927 ), a mark first eclipsed by Roger Maris in 1961 with 61.
In Wyndham Lewis's The Wild Body ( 1927 ) the protagonist, Ker-Orr, in the first story, ' A Soldier of Humour ', takes the train from Paris and stays in the town of Bayonne before passing through into Spain.
* Willem Einthoven ( 1860 – 1927 ), a physiologist who built the first practical ECG and won the 1924 Nobel prize in medicine
As the anniversary of Confederation, Dominion Day, and later Canada Day, was the date set for a number of important events, such as the first national radio network hookup by the Canadian National Railway ( 1927 ), the inauguration of the CBC's cross-country television broadcast ( 1958 ), the flooding of the Saint Lawrence Seaway ( 1958 ), the first colour television transmission in Canada ( 1966 ), the inauguration of the Order of Canada ( 1967 ), and the establishment of " O Canada " as the country's national anthem ( 1980 ).
In 1927, the first mathematically complete quantum description of a simple chemical bond, i. e. that produced by one electron in the hydrogen molecular ion, H < sub > 2 </ sub >< sup >+</ sup >, was derived by the Danish physicist Oyvind Burrau.
Building on the founding discoveries and theories in the history of quantum mechanics, the first theoretical calculations in chemistry were those of Walter Heitler and Fritz London in 1927.
He directed dozens of silent films, including Paramount Pictures ' first production, The Squaw Man ( 1914 ), which was co-directed by Oscar Apfel, before coming into huge popularity during the late 1910s and early 1920s, when he reached the apex of his popularity with such films as Don't Change Your Husband ( 1919 ), The Ten Commandments ( 1923 ), and The King of Kings ( 1927 ).
Walter Heitler and Fritz London are credited with the first successful quantum mechanical explanation of a chemical bond, specifically that of molecular hydrogen, in 1927.