[permalink] [id link]
* 1939 – André Ouellet, French-Canadian politician
Some Related Sentences
1939 and –
Subsequent formalizations were framed as attempts to define " effective calculability " or " effective method "; those formalizations included the Gödel – Herbrand – Kleene recursive functions of 1930, 1934 and 1935, Alonzo Church's lambda calculus of 1936, Emil Post's " Formulation 1 " of 1936, and Alan Turing's Turing machines of 1936 – 7 and 1939.
* 1939 – NBC inaugurates its regularly scheduled television service in New York City, broadcasting President Franklin D. Roosevelt's N. Y. World's Fair opening day ceremonial address.
* 1939 – Edward Patten, American singer-songwriter and producer ( Gladys Knight & the Pips ) ( d. 2005 )
* 1939 – Albert Einstein and Leó Szilárd write a letter to Franklin D. Roosevelt, urging him to begin the Manhattan Project to develop a nuclear weapon.
Eastern European theorists include Pyotr Stolypin ( 1862 – 1911 ) and Alexander Chayanov ( 1888 – 1939 ) in Russia ; Adolph Wagner ( 1835 – 1917 ), and Karl Oldenberg in Germany, and Bolesław Limanowski ( 1835 – 1935 ) in Poland.
1939 and André
In 1939, André Breton coined the derogatory nickname " Avida Dollars ", an anagram for " Salvador Dalí ", and a phonetic rendering of the French avide à dollars, which may be translated as " eager for dollars ".
* French — Alleaume, Ludovic: Poor Pierrot ( 1915 ); Derain, André: Pierrot ( 1923 – 1924 ), Harlequin and Pierrot ( c. 1924 ); Gabain, Ethel: Many works, including Pierrot ( 1916 ), Pierrot's Love-letter ( 1917 ), and Unfaithful Pierrot ( 1919 ); La Fresnaye, Roger de: Study for " Pierrot " ( 1921 ); La Touche, Gaston de: Pierrot's Greeting ( n. d .); Laurens, Henri: Pierrot ( c. 1922 ); Matisse, Henri: The Burial of Pierrot ( 1943 ); Mossa, Gustav Adolf: Pierrot and the Chimera ( 1906 ), Pierrot Takes His Leave ( 1906 ), Pierrot and His Doll ( 1907 ); Picabia, Francis: Pierrot ( early 1930s ); Renoir, Pierre-Auguste: White Pierrot ( 1901 / 1902 ); Rouault, Georges: Many works, including White Pierrot ( 1911 ), Pierrot ( 1920 ), Pierrot ( 1937 – 1938 ), Pierrot ( or Pierrette ) ( 1939 ), Aristocratic Pierrot ( 1942 ), The Wise Pierrot ( 1943 ), Blue Pierrots with Bouquet ( c. 1946 ).
There, he rejoined many intellectuals, including the Surrealists, with whom he had been associated since he met André Breton in 1939.
After 1928, he stayed again in Cassis and Paris, studied shortly with Fernand Léger and became a member of the group Abstraction-Creation in 1933 and the Parisian Surrealists around André Breton in 1936, participating in all its major exhibitions and outreach thereafter, until he travelled to New York in May 1939.
Between 1927 and 1939, he attended the Paris Conservatoire and achieved First Prize in Harmony under André Bloch and First Prize in Fugue with Georges Caussade.
In 1939, she reunited with André Kostelanetz for Tune-Up Time ( CBS ), a show that was produced by radio legend William Spier ( who later married Kay in 1942 ).
1939 and French-Canadian
1939 and politician
Gro Harlem Brundtland () ( born Gro Harlem, 20 April 1939 ) is a Norwegian Social democratic politician, diplomat, and physician, and an international leader in sustainable development and public health.