[permalink] [id link]
* 1939 – Hércules Brito Ruas, Brazilian footballer
Some Related Sentences
1939 and –
Subsequent formalizations were framed as attempts to define " effective calculability " or " effective method "; those formalizations included the Gödel – Herbrand – Kleene recursive functions of 1930, 1934 and 1935, Alonzo Church's lambda calculus of 1936, Emil Post's " Formulation 1 " of 1936, and Alan Turing's Turing machines of 1936 – 7 and 1939.
* 1939 – NBC inaugurates its regularly scheduled television service in New York City, broadcasting President Franklin D. Roosevelt's N. Y. World's Fair opening day ceremonial address.
* 1939 – Edward Patten, American singer-songwriter and producer ( Gladys Knight & the Pips ) ( d. 2005 )
* 1939 – Albert Einstein and Leó Szilárd write a letter to Franklin D. Roosevelt, urging him to begin the Manhattan Project to develop a nuclear weapon.
Eastern European theorists include Pyotr Stolypin ( 1862 – 1911 ) and Alexander Chayanov ( 1888 – 1939 ) in Russia ; Adolph Wagner ( 1835 – 1917 ), and Karl Oldenberg in Germany, and Bolesław Limanowski ( 1835 – 1935 ) in Poland.
1939 and Brito
1939 and Brazilian
With the start of World War II, in 1939, Vargas maintained neutrality until 1941, when an agreement, proposed by Brazilian foreign relations minister Oswaldo Aranha was formed between American continental nations to align with any American country in the event of an attack by an external power.
* 1939 – The 1939 World's Fair in New York includes the Finnish Pavilion by Alvar Aalto and the Brazilian Pavilion by Lucio Costa and Oscar Niemeyer.
Glauber de Andrade Rocha ( March 14, 1939 – August 22, 1981 ) was an influential Brazilian film director, actor and writer.
His works include the Brazilian pavilion at the New York World's Fair of 1939 ( designed with Oscar Niemeyer ), the Parque Guinle residential complex in Rio of 1948, and the Hotel do Park São Clemente in Nova Friburgo of 1948.
Edward John Carlos Plunkett, 20th Baron of Dunsany ( born Dublin 10 September 1939 — died Navan, County Meath, 24 May 2011 ), the late 20th Baron of Dunsany, with Irish, Brazilian and UK citizenship, was the grandson of the author Lord Dunsany, and a modern artist and property owner.
A Brazilian Navy ship launches depth charges against German submarines during the Battle of the Atlantic ( 1939 – 1945 ) | Battle of the Atlantic in World War II.
In 1939, he married a fellow Christian, a nurse by profession, and the daughter of a prominent Brazilian of Fon origins from Ouidah.
From 1939 to 1941, he was assistant conductor at the Municipal Theater in Rio de Janeiro and on the faculty of the Brazilian Conservatory.
This project, the Schwartz house was the beginning of a collaboration with Costa which was enriched later by Oscar Niemeyer who designed the Brazilian Pavilion at the New York World ’ s Fair in 1939.
" Aquarela do Brasil " ( Watercolor of Brazil ), known in the English-speaking world simply as " Brazil ", is one of the most famous Brazilian songs of all time, written by Ary Barroso in 1939.
Djalma Pereira Dias Júnior ( 21 August 1939 – 1 May 1990 ) was a Brazilian footballer who played as a defender.
1939 and footballer
* John Anderson ( footballer born 1915 ) ( 1915 – 1987 ), Scottish footballer, scorer for Portsmouth in the 1939 FA Cup Final
*( 1923 – 1998 ) Zlatko Čajkovski, Croatian footballer ( right half, 1939 – 60 ) and coach ( 1961 – 81 ); known by moniker, " Čik "; brother of Željko Čajkovski