[permalink] [id link]
* 1977 – John W. Stanton, BA Political Science, Founder and CEO, Western Wireless.
Some Related Sentences
1977 and –
* 1977 – Members of the British National Front ( NF ) clash with anti-NF demonstrators in Lewisham, London, resulting in 214 arrests and at least 111 injuries.
1977 and John
After 1890 came philosopher Josiah Royce ( 1855 – 1916 ), botanist Liberty Hyde Bailey ( 1858 – 1954 ), the Southern Agrarians of the 1920s and 1930s, novelist John Steinbeck ( 1902 – 1968 ), historian A. Whitney Griswold ( 1906 – 1963 ), environmentalist Aldo Leopold ( 1887 – 1948 ), Ralph Borsodi ( 1886 – 1977 ), and present-day authors Wendell Berry ( b. 1934 ), Gene Logsdon ( b. 1932 ), Paul Thompson, and Allan C. Carlson ( b. 1949 ).
The agreement lasted from 1977 to 1978, but proved mostly fruitless, for two reasons: the Liberals ' key demand of proportional representation was rejected by most Labour MPs, whilst the contacts between Liberal spokespersons and Labour ministers often proved detrimental, such as between finance spokesperson John Pardoe and Chancellor of the Exchequer Denis Healey, who were mutually antagonistic.
Communists have played an active role in the organisation, and John Cox, its chairman from 1971 to 1977, was a member of the Communist Party of Great Britain.
His importance to early fandom is chronicled in his 1974 book The Immortal Storm by Sam Moskowitz and in the 1977 book The Futurians by Damon Knight. With Frederik Pohl and John Michel, 1938
The film has been parodied and referenced in places such as the 1976 film The Pink Panther Strikes Again, the satirical publication The Onion, the Japanese game-show Takeshi's Castle, and the 1977 John Landis comedy anthology film Kentucky Fried Movie ( in its lengthy " A Fistful of Yen " sequence ) and also in the film Balls of Fury.
John Backus presented FP in his 1977 Turing Award lecture " Can Programming Be Liberated From the von Neumann Style?
Afterwards it became the only Godzilla film to receive a television premiere on a major U. S network, as NBC aired it on prime time television in the summer of 1977, where it was hosted by actor John Belushi dressed in a Godzilla costume.
Godzilla vs. Megalon was given a high-profile prime-time NBC network premiere in 1977, with an introduction and bumper segments by John Belushi in a Godzilla suit also used on Saturday Night Live.
Sir John Kerr resigned in 1977 after accepting the position of Australian Ambassador to UNESCO in Paris, a post which ultimately he did not take up.
A curriculum-free philosophy of homeschooling may be called unschooling, a term coined in 1977 by American educator and author John Holt in his magazine Growing Without Schooling.
* John Gardner Ford ( born 1952 ), American business executive who co-founded Outside magazine in 1977 ; second son of President Gerald R. Ford ; best known as Jack Ford
On January 10, 1977, John Bardeen was presented with the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Gerald Ford.
* Oral History interview transcript with John Bardeen 12, 16 May, 1, 22 December 1977 & 4 April 1978, American Institute of Physics, Niels Bohr Library and Archives
* John Brown ( Australian politician ) ( born 1931 ), elected to the Australian House of Representatives, 1977 – 1990
* John Brown ( footballer born 1901 ) ( 1901 – 1977 ), English footballer for Leicester City and Wrexham
* John Nash ( cricket administrator ) ( 1906 – 1977 ), English Secretary of Yorkshire County Cricket Club, 1931 – 1971