[permalink] [id link]
* 1993 – The Rainbow Bridge, connecting Tokyo's Shibaura and the island of Odaiba, is completed.
Some Related Sentences
1993 and –
* Walter Scott Houston ( 1912 – 1993 ) who wrote the " Deep-Sky Wonders " column in Sky & Telescope magazine for almost 50 years.
* 1993 – Monica Seles is stabbed by Günter Parche, an obsessed fan, during a quarterfinal match of the 1993 Citizen Cup in Hamburg, Germany
After re-establishing its credibility in 1989, Australia underlined its superiority with victories in the 1990 – 91, 1993, 1994 – 95, 1997, 1998 – 99, 2001 and 2002 – 03 series, all by convincing margins.
1993 and Rainbow
* Gladstone Publishing, formerly known as Another Rainbow, publisher of Disney Comics from 1986 – 1990 and 1993 – 1998
In January 1993, Horne sang " Make A Rainbow ", by American singer and songwriter Portia Nelson, and the Shaker hymn " Simple Gifts " at the inauguration of US President Bill Clinton.
Israel Kamakawiwoʻole's album Facing Future, released in 1993, included a ukulele medley of " Over the Rainbow " and " What a Wonderful World ".
Mariah Carey kicked off the US leg of her Rainbow World Tour at the arena on March 16, 2000, this marked her first performance in the US, since 1993.
* Henry Cecil – Sing Softly ( 1982 ), Sandy Island ( 1984 ), Patricia ( 1991 ), Rainbow Lake ( 1993 ), State Crystal ( 1994 ), Catchascatchcan ( 1998 ), Sacred Song ( 2001 )
In 1993, Cablevision bought out Liberty Media's 50 % stake in AMC, making Cablevision's Rainbow Media division the majority owner of the channel ; incidentally in August of that year, Liberty announced its intent to purchase Cablevision's then-25 % stake in the channel, with the Turner Broadcasting System helping to finance the buyout with the option for TBS to eventually buy AMC outright.
His retelling of the Arthur legend, Firelord in 1980, Beloved Exile in 1984 and The Last Rainbow in 1985, is set in the 5th century during the collapse of the Roman empire, and his reinterpretation of Robin Hood ( Sherwood, 1991, and Robin and the King, 1993 ) takes place during the Norman conquest and features kings William the Conqueror and William Rufus as major characters.
The dance act Solo had a minor hit in 1991 with a sample-free instrumental version of the Rainbow theme, while Eurobop released a dance version in 1993 featuring samples taken directly from the original theme as well as voice samples of the main characters, who appeared on several music TV shows to promote the single ; a hardcore version entitled ' Rainbow Vibes ' by the Sonz of Bungle circulated on 12 " vinyl in 1992 which sampled the theme tune over a chopped up breakbeat and featuring rave stabs.
* 1993 – Israel Kamakawiwo ' ole: Hawaiian ukulele version ( medley with " Somewhere Over the Rainbow ") on the album Facing Future.
The first mention of the " Rainbow Bridge " story on the internet is a post on the newsgroup rec. pets. dogs, dated January 7, 1993, quoting the poem from a 1992 ( or earlier ) issue of " Mid-Atlantic Great Dane Rescue League Newsletter ", which in turn is stated to have quoted it from the Akita Rescue Society of America.
Operation Rainbow was started on May 23, 1995, as a response to the 1993 Bishopsgate bomb that wreaked havoc throughout the city of London.
1993 and Bridge
As a result of having hosted the inaugural meeting of Confederation, the Charlottetown Conference, Prince Edward Island presents itself as the " Birthplace of Confederation " and this is commemorated through several buildings, a ferry vessel, and the Confederation Bridge ( constructed 1993 to 1997 ).
The country also faced various catastrophes at the time ; train collision and ship sinking in 1993, Seoul's Seongsu Bridge and Sampoong Department Store collapsing in 1994.
* Republished in 1987 ( Gollancz, London ), 1989 ( Modern Bridge Publications ), 1993 ( Gollancz, London ) and 2001 ( Cassell, London ), under The Modern Losing Trick Count.
The line has now been re-instated and preserved for around between Brechin railway station and Bridge of Dun railway station and since 1993 trains have run at weekends during the summer as well as on special occasions at other times of the year.
One of North Queensferry's biggest attractions today, other than the extensive views it offers of the Forth Bridge and Forth Road Bridge, is Deep Sea World, one of the largest and most popular public aquariums in the United Kingdom which was opened in 1993.
The most famous is the Chapel Bridge ( Kapellbrücke ), a long wooden covered bridge originally built in 1333, although much of it had to be replaced after a fire on August 18, 1993, allegedly caused by a discarded cigarette.
The route continued to run from the Phillipsburg-Easton Bridge to US 22, until 1993, when US 22 Alternate was decommissioned and replaced by NJ 122 and County Route 678.
In 1993, the earliest known bridge-like structure in London was discovered alongside Vauxhall Bridge, when shifting currents washed away a layer of silt which had covered it.
* 1993: Fasseroe Bridge ; grade separated junction created at the end of the M11 / start of Kilcroney dc.
When the UEFA European Football Championship was held at Wembley in 1996, a large staircase was constructed leading down from the 1948 extension and under the newly-built Bobby Moore Bridge, which had opened in 1993.
* During the Yugoslav wars of the 1990s, the Maslenica Bridge was destroyed and a short pontoon bridge was built by Croatian civilian and military authorities in July 1993 over a narrow sea outlet in the town of Maslenica, after the territory was retaken from Serbian Krajina.
* Nassau Stakes – ( 8 ) – Roussalka ( 1975, 1976 ), Connaught Bridge ( 1979 ), Nom de Plume ( 1987 ), Lyphard's Delta ( 1993 ), Midday ( 2009, 2010, 2011 )
The next Merchant-Ivory project Shakespeare Wallah ( 1965 ), was a critical success, and it was followed by a number of other collaborations between the three, including an adaptation of Jhabvala's novel Heat and Dust, ( 1983 ); the docudrama The Courtesans of Bombay ( 1983 ); A Room with a View ( 1985 ), for which she won her first Oscar ; Mr. and Mrs. Bridge ( 1990 ); Howards End ( 1992 ), her second Oscar win ; and The Remains of the Day ( 1993 ), for which she was nominated for a third Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay, though she did not win.
The Story of Dana Giacchetto, Financial Adviser to the Stars ( 2007 ); Eric Fredericksen, who now runs the art space Western Bridge ; the novelist Matthew Stadler ; Traci Vogel ; the art critic Emily Hall ; SP Miskowski ; Everett True ; Peri Pakroo ; Matt Cook ; Jonathan Hart Eddy ; Christine Wenc, who edited the paper from 1992 – 1993, during which time the paper was included on Rolling Stone's Top 10 list for new alternative journalism ; and Phillip Campbell.
In 1993 he received an " Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series " Emmy nomination for his recurring role as Jacob Prossman on the television series Brooklyn Bridge.
* Sir Henry Cecil – Roussalka ( 1975, 1976 ), Connaught Bridge ( 1979 ), Nom de Plume ( 1987 ), Lyphard's Delta ( 1993 ), Midday ( 2009, 2010, 2011 )
In 1993, a one-time, one-on-one contest under the Brooklyn Bridge was held between Mike DeVito and Orio Ito.
She later starred in the short-lived but critically acclaimed drama — infused with a healthy dose of humor — Brooklyn Bridge, which ran on CBS from 1991 to 1993.