[permalink] [id link]
* 2004 – The National Assembly of Serbia unanimously adopts new state symbols for Serbia: Bože pravde becomes the new anthem and the coat of arms is adopted for the whole country.
Some Related Sentences
2004 and –
The debate continues unabated – e. g. S. Georg 2004, A. Vovin 2005, S. Georg 2005 ( anti-Altaic ); S. Starostin 2005, V. Blažek 2006, M. Robbeets 2007, A. Dybo and G. Starostin 2008 ( pro-Altaic ).
* 2004 – Rolandas Paksas becomes the first president of Lithuania to be peacefully removed from office by impeachment.
* 2004 – U. S. media release graphic photos of American soldiers abusing and sexually humiliating Iraqi prisoners at Abu Ghraib prison.
* 2004 – Hurricane Charley, a Category 4 storm, strikes Punta Gorda, Florida and devastates the surrounding area.
* 2004 – Aaron Bank, American Office of Strategic Services officer and founder of the US Army Special Forces ( b. 1902 )
* 2004 – The pedestal of the Statue of Liberty reopens after being closed since the September 11 attacks.
2004 and National
In 2004 there was a limited-run revival at the Royal National Theatre starring Desmond Barrit as Pseudolus, Philip Quast as Miles Gloriosus, Hamish McColl as Hysterium and Isla Blair as Domina ( who had previously played Philia in the 1963 production ).
* Page, Norman, ‘ Housman, Alfred Edward ( 1859 – 1936 )’, Oxford Dictionary of National Biography ( Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2004 )
In 2004 the National Railway Company of Belgium, carried 178. 4 million passengers a total of 8, 676 million passenger-kilometres.
In 1994, the prayers announced " allowed " by the 1982 Bishops Council of the Anglican Church of Korea was published in a second version of the Book of Common Prayers In 2004, the National Anglican Council published the third and the current Book of Common Prayers known as " seoung-gong-hwe gi-do-seo " or the " Anglican Prayers ", including the Daily Masses, Special Masses, Baptism, Confirmation, Funeral Mass, Wedding Mass, Rite of Ordination Mass, and all of the other events the Anglican Church of Korea celebrates.
On October 4, 2004, the Cambodian National Assembly ratified an agreement with the United Nations on the establishment of a tribunal to try senior leaders responsible for the atrocities committed by the Khmer Rouge.
* Played by his grandson Richard Attlee, in the TV series Dunkirk in 2004, and in Jerome Vincent ’ s ' Stuffing Their Mouths with Gold '; the story of how the National Health Service came to be.
This has added excitement to several pennant races over the years, most recently in, and ; the first two times the division title was won by the Cubs, the third by the Cardinals, who went on to win the National League pennant as the Cubs faltered in the second half of the 2004 season.
However, as attendance began to dwindle — the Rockies fell to just sixth in the National League in attendance in 2002, and ninth in 2003 and 2004 — the club could no longer afford to build through big-name free agents.
For example, according to the National Agricultural Statistics Service, coyotes were responsible for 60. 5 % of the 224, 000 sheep deaths attributed to predation in 2004.
According to the National Agricultural Statistics Service USDA report, " All sheep and lamb inventory in the United States on July 1, 2005, totaled 7. 80 million head, 2 % above July 1, 2004.
In 2004, Enter the Dragon was deemed " culturally significant " in the United States and selected for preservation in the National Film Registry.
In 2004, the film was deemed " culturally significant " by the Library of Congress and selected for preservation in the National Film Registry.
Friends ( stylized as F • R • I • E • N • D • S ) is an American sitcom created by David Crane and Marta Kauffman, which aired on the National Broadcasting Company ( NBC ) from September 22, 1994 to May 6, 2004.
In 2004 de Klerk announced that he was quitting the New National Party and seeking a new political home after it was announced that the NNP would merge with the ruling ANC.
After that the National Space-Based Positioning, Navigation and Timing Executive Committee was established by presidential directive in 2004 to advise and coordinate federal departments and agencies on matters concerning the GPS and related systems.
On January 4, 2004 Mikheil Saakashvili, leader of the United National Movement won the country's presidential election and was inaugurated on January 25.
Fresh parliamentary elections were held on March 28, 2004, where the United National Movement's parliamentary faction, the National Movement-Democrats ( NMD ), secured the vast majority of the seats ( with ca.
The public spotlight fell on GCHQ in late 2003 and early 2004 following the sacking of Katharine Gun after she leaked to The Observer a confidential email from agents at the American National Security Agency addressed to GCHQ agents about the wire-tapping of UN delegates in the run-up to the 2003 Iraq war.