[permalink] [id link]
* 2006 – Yiyun Li for A Thousand Years of Good Prayers
Some Related Sentences
2006 and –
* Mwakikagile, Godfrey Nyerere and Africa: End of an Era, Third Edition, Pretoria, South Africa, 2006, on Angola in Chapter 11, " American Involvement in Angola and Southern Africa: Nyerere's Response ", pp. 324 – 346, ISBN 978-0-9802534-1-2.
The debate continues unabated – e. g. S. Georg 2004, A. Vovin 2005, S. Georg 2005 ( anti-Altaic ); S. Starostin 2005, V. Blažek 2006, M. Robbeets 2007, A. Dybo and G. Starostin 2008 ( pro-Altaic ).
* 2006 – Comair Flight 5191 crashes on takeoff from Blue Grass Airport in Lexington, Kentucky bound for Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport in Atlanta, Georgia.
* 1913 – Nina Schenk Gräfin von Stauffenberg, Russian-German wife of Claus von Stauffenberg ( d. 2006 )
* 2006 – At least 21 suspected terrorists are arrested in the 2006 transatlantic aircraft plot that happened in the United Kingdom.
* 1918 – Noor Hassanali, Trinidadian-Tobagonian politician, 2nd President of Trinidad and Tobago ( d. 2006 )
The wicketkeeper-batsman position was held by Ian Healy for most of the 1990s and by Adam Gilchrist from 2001 to 2006 – 07.
With several England players having retired or been injured after the 2005 series, Australia regained The Ashes in the 2006 – 07 series with a convincing 5 – 0 victory, the second time an Ashes series has been won by that margin.
2006 and Yiyun
2006 and Li
* Laura Tyson Li, Madame Chiang Kai-Shek: China's Eternal First Lady ( New York: Atlantic Monthly Press, 2006 ).
On 11 January 2006 the Spanish High Court accepted to investigate a case in which seven former Chinese officials, including the former President of China Jiang Zemin and former Prime Minister Li Peng were alleged to have participated in a genocide in Tibet.
Li Ao was a candidate for the 2006 Taipei Mayoral election, and is currently a candidate for the 2012 Legislative Yuan elections, campaigning in Taipei City District 8 under the People First Party ( PFP ) banner.
On October 24, 2006, Li sprayed tear gas and wielded a stun gun during a Legislative Yuan National Defense Committee meeting, forcing several members of parliament to flee.
In Taiwan, Li Ao in his TV talk show in 2006 claimed that the Dalai Lama had commanded human sacrifices, asking his followers to " tear out human skin " for " some religious ceremony ".
* May Li ( born 1967 ), finalist in 2006 in China Central Television's Win In China and founder of the non-profit North American Chinese Entrepreneur Association ( NACEA ).
Although PCCW's substantial shareholder China Netcom had earlier expressed objection to any disposal of key assets to foreign groups, it also refused to increase its stake ; Richard Li attempted to exit from the business in 2006.
PCCW chairman Richard Li has agreed to sell his indirectly held 22. 66 percent stake in PCCW on 11 July 2006 to Fiorlatte Ltd, a new startup company wholly owned by Francis Leung Pak-to, for a total consideration of HK $ 9. 16 billion.
In 2006, a 40-episodes wuxia TV series named ' Li Hou Zhu yu Zhao Kuang Yin ' or ' Li Hou Zhu and Zhao Kuang Yin ' was made, with main stars Nicky Wu ( as Li Houzhu ), Huang Wen Hao ( as Emperor Taizu of Song ) and Liu Tao ( as Empress Zhou, wife of Li Houzhu ).
Li approved the construction of the National Museum in 2006 after a series of disputes and delays about the building of the museum.
In January 2006, despite protest from some students and various alumni, the Faculty of Medicine was renamed as the Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine " as a recognition of the generosity " of Mr. Li Ka Shing and his Foundation, who pledged HK $ 1 billion in support of the university " general development as well as research and academic activities in medicine ".
Forbes Magazine and the Forbes family honoured Li Ka-shing with the first ever " Malcolm S. Forbes Lifetime Achievement Award " on 5 September 2006, in Singapore .< ref >
* In the 2006 film Lucky Number Slevin, the character known only as " The Boss " ( played by Morgan Freeman ) refers to the Shmoo, recounting its original features as a source of plenty ( in a monologue taken from an old Li ' l Abner comic ).
In 2006, Li donated CA $ 1 million to the Canadian National Arts Centre Foundation, which led to the establishment of the Annual Richard Li Young Artist Chair, putting young musicians each year under the mentorship of musical maestros.
It was reported that, as early as 10 January, 2006, the Lam's family was in negotiation with Richard Li ( head of Hong Kong-based telecommunication giant PCCW ) and another local mass-media company for the sale of the newspaper.
Ho Ching's eldest son, Li Hongyi, was the winner of the Lee Kuan Yew Award for Math & Science in 2006, the same year he was commissioned as an officer in the Singapore Armed Forces ( SAF ).