[permalink] [id link]
* Abduction ( novel ), a 2000 novel by novelist Robin Cook
Some Related Sentences
Abduction and novel
* The Abduction ( novel ), 1987, also called Bortførelsen, written in Norwegian by Mette Newth, translated into English by Steven T. Murray and Tiina Nunnally
* The 2000 novel Abduction by Robin Cook includes the concept of a third world under the sea called " Interterra.
Abduction and ),
* Abduction ( kinesiology ), a type of movement which draws a limb away from the median plane of the body
From June 26 until December 22, 2006, two children, Ammar ( 12-13 ) and Sara ( 10-11 ), lived in the Dutch embassy in Damascus because of a child custody dispute between the Dutch mother, supported by Dutch law and the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction, and the Syrian father, supported by Syrian law ( Syria is no participant of this convention ).
He also wrote many science fiction novels, most known among them are " The Last War " ( 1970 ), " Thirteen years of travel ", " Those who survive " ( filmed as the animated short Pereval ), " The Witches Cave " ( filmed ), " River Chronos ", " Abduction of a sorcerer ".
* Mozart's opera " The Abduction from the Seraglio " ( Die Entführung aus dem Serail ), from 1782, is the quintessential work of Alla turca music, as the whole plot centers on the stereotyping of comically sinister Turks.
In the years that followed he was successful as Belmonte in Die Entführung aus dem Serail ( Abduction from the Seraglio ) and somewhat later as Tamino in Die Zauberflöte ( The Magic Flute ), both operas by Mozart.
* Únos Evelynion ( The Abduction of Evelyne ; Die Entführung der Evelyne ), Pantomime in 1 act ( 1915 ); libretto by František Langer
* McLaren, Anne E., " Marriage by Abduction in Twentieth Century China ", Modern Asian Studies 35 ( 4 ) ( Oct. 2001 ), pp. 953 – 984.
Abduction and 2000
* Hopkins, Budd " Hypnosis and the Investigation of UFO Abduction Claims ", pages 215-240 in UFOs and Abductions: Challenging the Borders of Knowledge, David M. Jacobs, editor ; University Press of Kansas, 2000 ; ISBN 0-7006-1032-4 )
* Budd Hopkins ; " Hypnosis and the Investigation of UFO Abduction Accounts "; pages 215 – 240 in UFOs and Abductions: Challenging the Borders of Knowledge, David M. Jacobs, editor ; University Press of Kansas, 2000 ; ISBN 0-7006-1032-4 )
Abduction and by
* March 7 – Shrigley Abduction: Ellen Turner, a wealthy heiress in Cheshire, England, is abducted by Edward Gibbon Wakefield, the future politician in colonial New Zealand.
Die Entführung aus dem Serail ( K. 384 ; The Abduction from the Seraglio ; also known as Il Seraglio ) is an opera Singspiel in three acts by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
He followed that up some years later by declaring that the Iberian Peninsula rotated precisely at Perpignan station 132 million years ago – an event the artist invoked in his 1983 painting Topological Abduction of Europe – Homage to René Thom.
The Abduction of Figaro is a comic opera, described as " A Simply Grand Opera by P. D. Q. Bach ," which is actually the work of composer Peter Schickele.
It is a parody of opera in general, and the title is a play on two operas by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: The Abduction from the Seraglio and The Marriage of Figaro.
No prosecution may be instituted, except by or with the consent of the Director of Public Prosecutions, for an offence of kidnapping if it was committed against a child under the age of sixteen and by a person connected with the child, within the meaning of section 1 of the Child Abduction Act 1984.
Many items in the museum are on loan from colleges of the University, for example an important group of impressionist paintings owned by King's College, which includes Cézanne's ' The Abduction ' and a study for ' Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte ' by Seurat.
After hearing the name of the sample, they will ask why it was named that upon which the customer would have some calamity related to the name of the dish happen to him or her such as being tackled by a Dancing Lobster upon trying the ice cream " Lobster Tackle ," being punched by Abraham Lincoln upon trying the soup " Lincoln Punch ", being attacked by a samurai upon trying the sushi " Samurai Roll ", being crushed by a refrigerator upon trying the cookie " Refrigerator Crunch ", being abducted by aliens upon trying " Alien Abduction Jerky ," or being blown away by strong winds upon trying a " Hurricane Dog ".
novel and ),
The novel begins with the droogs sitting in their favorite hangout ( the Korova Milkbar ), drinking milk-drug cocktails, called " milk-plus ", to hype themselves for the night's mayhem.
In 1950 it was combined with " War of Nerves " ( 1950 ), " Discord in Scarlet " ( 1939 ) and " M33 in Andromeda " ( 1943 ) to form the novel The Voyage of the Space Beagle ( 1950 ).
According to a research report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Oran was decimated by the plague in 1556 and 1678, but outbreaks after European colonization, in 1921 ( 185 cases ), 1931 ( 76 cases ), and 1944 ( 95 cases ), were very far from the scale of the epidemic described in the novel.
In chapter four of the second Inspector Hanaud novel, The House of the Arrow ( 1924 ), Hanaud declares sanctimoniously to the heroine, " You are wise, Mademoiselle … For, after all, I am Hanaud.
In terms of a rudimentary chronology, Poirot speaks of retiring to grow marrows in Chapter 18 of The Big Four ( 1927 ), which places that novel out of published order before Roger Ackroyd.
Beginning with Three Act Tragedy ( 1934 ), Christie had perfected during the inter-war years a sub-genre of Poirot novel in which the detective himself spent much of the first third of the novel on the periphery of events.
The 1942 novel Five Little Pigs ( aka Murder in Retrospect ), in which Poirot investigates a murder committed sixteen years before by analysing various accounts of the tragedy, is a Rashomon-like performance that critic and mystery novelist Robert Barnard called the best of the Christie novels.
The other Rutherford films ( all directed by George Pollock ) were Murder at the Gallop ( 1963 ), based on the 1953 Hercule Poirot novel After the Funeral ( In this film, she is identified as Miss JTV Marple, though there was no indication as to what the extra initials might stand for ); Murder Most Foul ( 1964 ), based on the 1952 Poirot novel Mrs McGinty's Dead ; and Murder Ahoy!
In 1980, Angela Lansbury played Miss Marple in The Mirror Crack'd ( EMI, directed by Guy Hamilton ), based on Christie's 1962 novel.
He directed the films Zapata: The Dream of a Hero, Like Water for Chocolate ( adapted from the novel written by his ex-wife Laura Esquivel ), A Walk in the Clouds with Keanu Reeves and Anthony Quinn, and the Hallmark Hall of Fame production A Painted House, adapted from the John Grisham novel of the same name.
The novel covers the entire reign of Alexander III ( 1249 – 1286 ), " almost entirely from Alexander's viewpoint ".
Living in worsening poverty, neglecting his health, and drinking excessively, Jarry went on to write what is often cited as the first cyborg sex novel, Le Surmâle ( The Supermale ), which is partly a satire on the Symbolist ideal of self-transcendence.