[permalink] [id link]
* Black September – Black September was a group formed by leading Fatah members in 1971, following the " Black September " events in Jordan, to clandestinely organize attacks that Fatah did not want to be openly associated with.
Some Related Sentences
Black and September
During the summer months ( April – September ), dogs are banned from the Silver Sands but they are allowed all year round at the Black Sands.
Unification or Death (), unofficially known as the Black Hand ( Црна рука, Crna ruka ), was a secret military society formed by members of the Serbian army in the Kingdom of Serbia, which was founded on 6 September 1901.
In September 1918, according to The Black Book of Communism, in only twelve provinces of Russia, 48, 735 deserters and 7, 325 " bandits " were arrested, 1, 826 were killed and 2, 230 were executed.
On 24 September 2008, Film London, the capital ’ s film and media agency launched The New Black, a two year funding and training programme that will expand opportunities for theatrical exhibition of Black film in London.
It was discontinued in 1973 – 1974, as Fatah's political line shifted again, and the Black September operations and the strategy behind them were seen as having become a political liability, rather than an asset.
In 1972, while Minister for the Interior, he rejected Israel ’ s offer to send an Israeli special forces unit to Germany to deal with the Black September hijacking of the 1972 Summer Olympics.
Israel had become militarily involved in Lebanon in combat with the Palestine Liberation Organization, which had been invited into Lebanon after Black September in Jordan.
Major and his government were responsible for the United Kingdom's exit from the Exchange Rate Mechanism ( ERM ) after Black Wednesday on 16 September 1992, after which his government never gained a lead in the opinion polls.
The Conservative majority proved too small for effective control over his backbenchers, particularly after the United Kingdom's forced exit from the Exchange Rate Mechanism ( ERM ) on " Black Wednesday ", 16 September 1992, just five months into the new parliament, when billions of pounds were spent in a futile attempt to defend the currency's value.
He was also, however, perceived as a weak and ineffectual figure, and his approval ratings for most of his time in office were low, particularly after " Black Wednesday " in September 1992.
Black and –
To the east, the boundaries of the ocean proper are Europe ; the Strait of Gibraltar ( where it connects with the Mediterranean Sea – one of its marginal seas – and, in turn, the Black Sea, both of which also touch upon Asia ) and Africa.
The dense Mediterranean water sinks below the Black Sea inflow to a depth of, then flows through the Dardanelles Strait and into the Sea of Marmara at velocities of 5 – 15 cm / s.
* 1965 – Frank Black, American singer-songwriter ( Pixies, Frank Black and the Catholics, and Grand Duchy )
* 1921 – Black Friday: mine owners announce more wage and price cuts, leading to the threat of a strike all across England.
* 1963 – The Bristol Bus Boycott is held in Bristol to protest the Bristol Omnibus Company's refusal to employ Black or Asian bus crews, drawing national attention to racial discrimination in the United Kingdom.
* 1832 – Black Hawk, leader of the Sauk tribe of Native Americans, surrenders to U. S. authorities, ending the Black Hawk War.
* 1921 – Major League Baseball Commissioner Kenesaw Mountain Landis confirms the ban of the eight Chicago Black Sox, the day after they were acquitted by a Chicago court.
* 1970 – Killah Priest, American rapper, producer, and actor ( The HRSMN, Sunz of Man, and Black Market Militia )
* 1991 – Crown Heights riot: Black groups target Hasidic Jews on the streets of Crown Heights in New York, New York during 3 days, after 2 black kids were struck by a car driven by a Hasidic man.
* 1951 – Glenn Hughes, English singer-songwriter, bass player, and producer ( Finders Keepers, Trapeze, Deep Purple, and Black Country Communion )
* 1966 – Derek Sherinian, American keyboard player, composer, and producer ( Planet X, Dream Theater, and Black Country Communion )
" The Transubstantiation of a Poor White ", in Black Reconstruction: An Essay Toward the History of the Part Which Black People Have Played in the Attempt to Reconstruct Democracy in America, 1860 – 1880 ( 1935 ).
* 1986 – The Soviet passenger liner sinks in the Black Sea after colliding with the bulk carrier Pyotr Vasev, killing 423.
Black and was
Potemkin's Army of Ekaterinoslav, totaling, it was claimed, 40,000 regular troops and 6,000 irregulars of the Cossack Corps, had invested Islam's principal stronghold on the north shore of the Black Sea, the fortress town of Oczakov, and was preparing to test the Turk by land and sea.
But it had, as was usual in southern cities of this sort, a Black Bottom, a low region near the river where the Negroes lived -- servants and laborers huddled together in a region with no sewage save the river, where streets and sidewalks were neglected and where there was much poverty and crime.
The rest of Black Bottom was a rabbit warren of homes in every condition of neglect, disrepair and careful upkeep.
This mountain was known as The Black Reef and it rose almost perpendicularly for about two hundred feet, honeycombed with caves, top covered with dense scrub and creepers and tall grass.
Next on his program was a call to the Jackson office of Peerless Business Machines to find out if Vincent Black was still with them -- or, more specifically, still with us.
Johnston was assigned to posts in New York and Missouri and served in the Black Hawk War in 1832 as chief of staff to Bvt.
Van Vogt's first published SF story, " Black Destroyer " ( Astounding Science Fiction, July 1939 ), was inspired by Voyage of the Beagle by Charles Darwin.
The score was written within a couple of weeks by Goodwin who was approached by George Pollock after Pollock had heard about him from Stanley Black.
The Mariner's Cross is also referred to as St. Clement's Cross, in reference to the way this saint was martyred ( being tied to an anchor and thrown from a boat into the Black Sea in 102 ).
There are the Tubanti just south of the Chatti and at the other end of what was then the Black Forest, the Varisti, whose location is known.
Ptolemy's view of Germans in the region indicates that the tribal structure had lost its grip in the Black Forest region and was replaced by a canton structure.
Anacharsis (; ) was a Scythian philosopher who travelled from his homeland on the northern shores of the Black Sea to Athens in the early 6th century BC and made a great impression as a forthright, outspoken " barbarian ", apparently a forerunner of the Cynics, though none of his works have survived.