[permalink] [id link]
* Collaborative Learning Center – place for students to receive help from mentors on writing, class work, or presentations
Some Related Sentences
Collaborative and Learning
Early e-learning systems, based on Computer-Based Learning / Training often attempted to replicate autocratic teaching styles whereby the role of the e-learning system was assumed to be for transferring knowledge, as opposed to systems developed later based on Computer Supported Collaborative Learning ( CSCL ), which encouraged the shared development of knowledge.
The Center for Teaching and Learning Enhancement offers training and support to faculty and runs the universities Active and Collaborative Engagement for Students ( ACES ) Program.
Since 1998, the university has undertaken 12 very important national projects, such as Action Plan project " Multi-media Distance Education System and Project "; Education Ministry approved large project " the Demonstrate Project of Internet Education Based on Satellite and Terrestrial Networks "; " Tenth Five-Year Plan " key project " real-time teaching system "; National Science Fund project " Study of Individual and Interactive Virtual Collaborative Learning Environment " and " Study and Application of Personality Mining in E-Learning ".
* Collaborative Networked Learning is a form of collaborative learning for the self-directed adult learner.
According to Findley ( 1987 ) " Collaborative Networked Learning ( CNL ) is that learning which occurs via electronic dialogue between self-directed co-learners and learners and experts.
" In the late 1980s Dr. Charles A. Findley headed the Collaborative Networked Learning project at Digital Equipment Corporation on the East Coast of the United States.
Findley's project conducted trend analysis and developed prototypes of collaborative learning environments, which became the basis for their further research and development of what they called Collaborative Networked Learning ( CNL ),
* Collaborative Learning in Virtual Worlds Virtual Worlds by their nature provide an excellent opportunity for collaborative learning.
Fle3 was largely developed in the Innovative Technology for Collaborative Learning and Knowledge Building ( ITCOLE ) project, funded by the European Commission in the Information Society Technologies ( IST ) framework's ' School of Tomorrow ' program.
The software based on BSCW was named at first Synergeia and later BSCL ( Basic Support for Collaborative Learning ).
), Proceedings of the CSCL ' 99: The Third International Conference on Computer Support for Collaborative Learning on title: Designing New Media for A New Millennium: Collaborative Technology for Learning, Education, and Training ( pp. 406 – 415 ).
) Computer Support for Collaborative Learning: Foundations for a CSCL Community, Proceedings of: CSCL 2002 ( January 7 – 11, 2002, Boulder, Colorado, USA ).
Distributed cognition as a theory of learning, i. e. one in which the development of knowledge is attributed to the system of thinking agents interacting dynamically with artifacts, has been widely applied in the field of distance learning, especially in relation to Computer Supported Collaborative Learning ( CSCL ) and other computer-supported learning tools.
Collaborative and Center
The plan has brought about another wave of campus constructions, including the erection the newly renamed Bioscience Research Collaborative building ( intended to foster collaboration with the adjacent Texas Medical Center ), a new recreational center and renovated basketball stadium, and the addition of two new residential colleges, Duncan College and McMurtry College.
The new Collaborative Research Center, all graduate student housing, the Greenbriar building, and the Wiess President's House are located off-campus.
* 1949 – 1950 Harvard Graduate Center, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA ( The Architects ' Collaborative )
The Gates Hillman Complex, opened for occupancy on August 11, 2009, sits on a site on the university's West Campus, surrounded by Cyert Hall, the Purnell Center for the Arts, Doherty Hall, Newell-Simon Hall, Smith Hall, Hamburg Hall and the Robert Mehrabian Collaborative Innovation Center.
The NWS station named, Ellsworth-3SSW serves as an official meteorological recording site, providing daily weather and climate information to the ( NWS ) National Weather Service, ( NCDC ) National Climatic Data Center, CoCoRaHS ( Community Collaborative Rain, Hail and Snow Network ), and CWOP ( Citizens Weather Observer Program ).
* From the Seafloor to the Volcano's Top Video about the work of the Collaborative Research Center ( SFB ) 574 Volatiles and Fluids in Subduction Zones in Chile by GEOMAR I Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research Kiel.
These OSAT groups include: AKVO, Appropedia, Appropriate Technology Collaborative, Catalytic Communities, Centre for Alternative Technology, Center For Development Alternatives, Engineers Without Borders, Open Source Ecology, Practical Action, and Village Earth.
** Center for Collaborative Action Research Contains examples of peer-reviewed action research reports and a wiki for supporting those engaged in the process of writing or supporting action research.
* Center for a New American Dream A non-profit organization working on: Redefining the Dream ; Beyond Consumerism ; Collaborative Communities
Glenn Research Center is home to the LERCIP ( Lewis ' Educational and Research Collaborative Internship Program ) program.
Among the new centers and institutes for applied research established since 1979 were the Irrigation Training and Research Center, the Environmental Biotechnology Institute, the Dairy Products Technology Center, the Collaborative Agent Design ( CAD ) Research Center, and the Brock Institute for Agricultural Communication.
* 2006: The Graduate School of Mobile Systems Engineering, which is sponsored by Samsung Electronics, is established ; The PACE ( Partners for the Advancement of Collaborative Engineering Education ) Center is established ; The Semiconductor System Engineering Course, which is sponsored by Samsung Electronics, is established.
* NSF Industrial University Collaborative Research Center for Intelligent Maintenance Systems ( IMS ) at the University of Cincinnati is a leading research institute in PHM area and has won PHM Society Data Challenge in 2008 and 2009.
* Molecular Interactive Collaborative Environment ( MICE ) developed at the San Diego Supercomputer Center – provides collaborative access and manipulation of complex, three-dimensional molecular models as captured in various scientific visualization programs ( Chin and Lansing, 2004 );
From serves on the Advisory Board of the Public Diplomacy Collaborative at Harvard University, the Board of Directors of the U. S. Chamber of Commerce National Chamber Foundation, the Board of Trustees of the Annapolis Symphony Orchestra, the National Advisory Board of The Roosevelt Institution, and the Executive Board of the University of Maryland ’ s Center for American Politics and Citizenship.
Also published within: Report Series of the Transregional Collaborative Research Center SFB / TR 8 Spatial Cognition, University of Bremen Bremen / University of Freiburg.
During the summer of 2003, Goggans was invited to become an Associate Professor at the University of Tokyo's Center for Collaborative Research.
Collaborative and –
The development is taking place on an internet-based workspace, called iCAT ( Collaborative Authoring Tool ) Platform, somewhat similar to Wikipedia – yet it requires more structure and peer review process.
* 1959 – 1961 Embassy of the United States, Athens, Greece ( The Architects ' Collaborative and consulting architect Pericles A. Sakellarios )
" Shakespeare, Co-Author: A Historical Study of Five Collaborative Plays ( Book Review )", Modern Language Review, 99: 4 ( 2004 ), 1030 – 1031
*( en ) Gavotte with Doubles Hypermedia by Jeff Hall & Tim Smith at the BinAural Collaborative Hypertext – Shockwave Player required
* The Appropriate Technology Collaborative – An appropriate technology design and dissemination nonprofit.
:* Collaborative process – voluntary and market driven development ( or approval ) following a transparent consensus driven process that is reasonably open to all interested parties.
As some have pointed out, one of the most flagrant problems of the collaborative response was that “ abnegation of responsibility is possible because there is no formal responsibility apportioned to agencies under the Collaborative Response, and thus no accountability when agencies renege on their promises .” The cluster approach – the successor to the collaborative approach-tried to do away with this problem by designating individual agencies as ‘ sector leaders ’ to coordinate operations in specific areas to try to plug those newly identified gaps.
‘ Norse Historical Traditions and Historia Gruffud vab Kenan: Magnús berfættr and Haraldr hárfagri ’, in Gruffudd ap Cynan: a Collaborative Biography, K. L. Maund ( ed ) 1996, 117 – 48.
* 1957 – The Interbau 57 exposition in Berlin features structures by Alvar Aalto, Walter Gropius and his The Architects ' Collaborative ( TAC ), and an unité by Le Corbusier.
* Robert S. McMillan ( architect ) ( 1916 – 2001 ), architect and co-founder of The Architects Collaborative
; Arts Bursaries: Provide funds for up to three years to enable institutions to offer Training Bursaries – for training in the fine and performing arts ; Mentorship Bursaries – for postgraduate students to develop their teaching and administrative skills ; and Collaborative Arts Bursaries – facilitating original artistic collaborations between two or more arts training institutions.
* Conklin, Jeff ; Dialog Mapping: Reflections on an Industrial Strength Case Study, in Visualizing Argumentation – Tools for Collaborative and Educational Sense-Making, P. Kirschner, S. J. B Shum, C. S.
* Shum, Simon J. Buckingham, " The Roots of Computer Supported Argument Visualization ", in Visualizing Argumentation – Tools for Collaborative and Educational Sense-Making, P. Kirschner, S. J. B Shum, C. S.
He served as CEO of Collaborative Research, a genetic engineering company that is now Genome Therapeutics, from 1981 – 1983, and as senior partner in Harbrecht & Quist Venture Partners from 1984-1986.
* Biological Collaborative Research Environment ( BioCoRE ) developed at University of Illinois at Urbana – Champaign – a collaboration tool for biologists ( Chin and Lansing, 2004 );