[permalink] [id link]
* Dorothy Trimble Tiffany ( 1891 – 1979 ), who, as Dorothy Burlingham, later became a noted psychoanalyst and lifelong friend and partner of Anna Freud.
Some Related Sentences
Dorothy and Tiffany
In contrast to the Tiffany figure from the Spawn 26 line and the Dorothy figure from " The Twisted Land of Oz ," the rare variant of this figure is the one that shows less skin ( i. e. the one with the black painted-in belt ).
Dorothy and 1891
In 1891, Newport News Shipbuilding and Drydock Company delivered its first ship, a tugboat named Dorothy.
The film also features, as " witnesses ," interviews with the 98-year old radical educator and peace activist Scott Nearing ( 1883 – 1983 ), author Dorothy Frooks ( 1896 – 1997 ), reporter and author George Seldes ( 1890 – 1995 ), civil liberties advocate Roger Baldwin ( 1884 – 1981 ), and the American writer Henry Miller ( 1891 – 1980 ), among others.
In 1920 Howells married Dorothy Dawe ( 1891 – 1975 ), a singer whom he had met in 1911 when deputizing as her accompanist.
* Dorothy Tiffany-Burlingham ( 1891 – 1979 ), Louis Comfort's daughter, psychoanalyst and friend of Anna Freud
Roderick married a young New York woman named Rose E. Davis ( b. 1891 ), who was of Irish descent, and together they had three children, Vincent J. McMahon, Roderick Jr., and a daughter named Dorothy.
Dorothy and –
* 1802 – William Wordsworth and his sister, Dorothy see a " long belt " of daffodils, inspiring the former to pen I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud.
* 1980 – Four U. S. nuns and churchwomen, Ita Ford, Maura Clarke, Jean Donovan, and Dorothy Kazel, are murdered by a death squad in El Salvador.
George Lucas was born in Modesto, California, the son of Dorothy Ellinore ( née Bomberger ) and George Walton Lucas, Sr. ( 1913 – 1991 ), who owned a stationery store.
* Dorothy Catherine of Brandenburg-Ansbach ( 1538 – 1604 ) married in 1556 Henry V of Plauen, Burgrave of Meissen.
As part of a 1929 – 1934 campaign, between 1930 and 1932, Dorothy Garrod excavated four caves, and a number of rock shelters, in the Carmel mountain range at el-Wad, el-Tabun, and Es Skhul.
* 1949 – Celebrities Helen Keller, Dorothy Parker, Danny Kaye, Fredric March, John Garfield, Paul Muni and Edward G. Robinson are named in an FBI report as Communist Party members.
Janis Joplin was born in Port Arthur, Texas, on, to Dorothy ( née East ) Joplin ( 1913 – 1998 ), a registrar at a business college, and her husband, Seth Joplin ( 1910 – 1987 ), an engineer at Texaco.
Dorothy and 1979
Arbusto Energy ( sometimes referred to as Arbusto Oil ) was a petroleum and energy company formed in Midland, Texas, in 1979, for former US President George W. Bush by a group of investors which included Dorothy Bush, Lewis Lehrman, William Henry Draper III, Bill Gammell, and James R. Bath.
In 1979, Loudon starred in the television series Dorothy, in which she portrayed a former showgirl teaching music and drama at a boarding school for girls.
* Dorothy Stratten ( August 1979 ), actress whose life and murder were portrayed in Star 80 ( 1983 ) and in Death of a Centerfold: The Dorothy Stratten Story ( 1981 )
His third wife was Dorothy Adams " Tinker " Lindsey ; they were married from June 28, 1979 to March 1998 and had two children: Thomas Beatty in 1980 and Dorothy Beatty in 1983.
* The Great Northern Railway: Charles & Dorothy Wood, 1979, Pacific Fast Mail, Edmonds, Washington, 560 pages ( hardcover ).
Dorothy Kunhardt ( September 29, 1901 – December 23, 1979 in Beverly, Massachusetts ) was an American children's-book author, best known for the baby book Pat the Bunny.
* Dorothy Wright Nelson – Senior Judge, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals ( 1979 –); former Dean of the University of Southern California School of Law ( 1969 – 1980 )
In 1979 the Dorothy Perkins chain was acquired, enabling the Group to expand into the mainstream womenswear market, following the success of its previous ladieswear ventures ( Topshop and Evans ).