[permalink] [id link]
* Every irreducible closed subset of P < sup > n </ sup >( k ) of codimension one is a hypersurface ; i. e., the zero set of some homogeneous polynomial.
Some Related Sentences
Every and irreducible
Every polynomial in can be factorized into polynomials that are irreducible over F. This factorization is unique up to permutation of the factors and the multiplication of the factors by nonzero constants from F ( because the ring of polynomials over a field is a unique factorization domain whose units are the nonzero constant polynomials ).
Every Heyting algebra with exactly one coatom is subdirectly irreducible, whence every Heyting algebra can be made an SI by adjoining a new top.
Every and closed
Every field has an algebraic extension which is algebraically closed ( called its algebraic closure ), but proving this in general requires some form of the axiom of choice.
* Every unital real Banach algebra with no zero divisors, and in which every principal ideal is closed, is isomorphic to the reals, the complexes, or the quaternions.
Every character is automatically continuous from A to C, since the kernel of a character is a maximal ideal, which is closed.
* Every continuous map from a compact space to a Hausdorff space is closed and proper ( i. e., the pre-image of a compact set is compact.
* Every closed subgroup of a profinite group is itself profinite ; the topology arising from the profiniteness agrees with the subspace topology.
Every open subgroup H is also closed, since the complement of H is the open set given by the union of open sets gH for g in G
Every map that is injective, continuous and either open or closed is an embedding ; however there are also embeddings which are neither open nor closed.
Every base he closed resulted in a new construction project elsewhere to expand another base, relocation of forces projects and other related spending.
Every year the central business district ( with corners at the Municipal Building, Grand Street Fire House and Croton-Harmon High School ) is closed to automobile traffic for music, American food, local fund raisers, traveling, and local artists.
The generalized Poincaré conjecture states that Every simply connected, closed n-manifold is homeomorphic to the n-sphere.
Every closed 3-manifold has a prime decomposition: this means it is the connected sum of prime three-manifolds ( this decomposition is essentially unique except for a small problem in the case of non-orientable manifolds ).
: Every oriented prime closed 3-manifold can be cut along tori, so that the interior of each of the resulting manifolds has a geometric structure with finite volume.
* Every integrable subbundle of the tangent bundle — that is, one whose sections are closed under the Lie bracket — also defines a Lie algebroid.
Every October the high street is closed for the two Saturdays either side of 11 October for the Marlborough Mop Fair.
Every closed point of Hilb ( X ) corresponds to a closed subscheme of a fixed scheme X, and every closed subscheme is represented by such a point.
Every closed curve c on X is homologous to for some simple closed curves c < sub > i </ sub >, that is,
Every and subset
Every such subset has a smallest element, so to specify our choice function we can simply say that it maps each set to the least element of that set.
** Zorn's lemma: Every non-empty partially ordered set in which every chain ( i. e. totally ordered subset ) has an upper bound contains at least one maximal element.
The restricted principle " Every partially ordered set has a maximal totally ordered subset " is also equivalent to AC over ZF.
Every subset A of the vector space is contained within a smallest convex set ( called the convex hull of A ), namely the intersection of all convex sets containing A.
* Every separable metric space is isometric to a subset of the ( non-separable ) Banach space l < sup >∞</ sup > of all bounded real sequences with the supremum norm ; this is known as the Fréchet embedding.
* Every separable metric space is isometric to a subset of C (), the separable Banach space of continuous functions → R, with the supremum norm.
Every element s, except a possible greatest element, has a unique successor ( next element ), namely the least element of the subset of all elements greater than s. Every subset which has an upper bound has a least upper bound.
Every subset of a nowhere dense set is nowhere dense, and the union of finitely many nowhere dense sets is nowhere dense.
Every subset of the Hilbert cube inherits from the Hilbert cube the properties of being both metrizable ( and therefore T4 ) and second countable.
It is more interesting that the converse also holds: Every second countable T4 space is homeomorphic to a subset of the Hilbert cube.
* Every totally disconnected compact metric space is homeomorphic to a subset of a countable product of discrete spaces.