[permalink] [id link]
* Gen Sir Neil Ritchie ( 1897 – 1983 ), Commander-in Chief, Eighth Army ( 1941 – 1942 ), Commander-in-Chief, XII Corps ( 1943 – 1945 ), Commander-in-Chief Far East Land Forces ( 1947 – 1948 ), Aide-de-Camp General to George VI ( 1948 – 1951 ).
Some Related Sentences
Gen and Sir
The professional head of the British Army is the Chief of the General Staff, currently General Sir Peter Wall KCB CBE ADC Gen.
His brother, Lt. Gen. Sir Walter Kitchener, had also entered the army, and was the Governor of Bermuda from 1908 ' til 1912.
An uneasy truce developed between Allied and Yugoslav troops occupying the area until British Gen. Sir William Morgan proposed a partition of the territory and the removal of Yugoslav troops from the area occupied by the Allies.
Maj .- Gen. Sir Henry Creswicke Rawlinson, 1st Baronet GCB ( April 5, 1810 – March 5, 1895 ) was a British East India Company army officer, politician and Orientalist, sometimes described as the Father of Assyriology.
* Smith, Sir Harry " Various Anecdotes and Events of my Life-The Autobiography of Lt. Gen. Sir Harry Smith, covering the period 1787 to 1860 " First published in 2 volumes, edited by G. C.
* Maj Gen Sir E. B. Rowcroft ( 1881 – 1963 ), British Army officer and founder of REME retired to and died in Lyme Regis.
At the Battle of Omdurman ( 2 September 1898 ), an army commanded by the British Gen. Sir Herbert Kitchener defeated the army of Abdullah al-Taashi, the successor to the self-proclaimed Mahdi Muhammad Ahmad.
The social heart of the Hamilton campus is the new Student Centre, which was officially opened in 2011 by Waikato alumnus Governor-General Lt Gen The Rt Hon Sir Jerry Mateparae.
It was, in fact, ' about the equivalent of the First Army Corps of the existing mobilization scheme ', and was placed under the command of Gen Sir Redvers Buller, GOCinC of Aldershot Command.
Gen. Sir Ian Hamilton ( facing front ) with Japanese General Kuroki after the Japanese victory in Battle of Shaho ( 1904 ).
Kuroki's senior military attaché, Gen. Sir Ian Hamilton, would somewhat mis-apply lessons learned in Kuroki's retinue.
# Francis Anthony Russell ( b. 1948 ), great-grandson of Lord Arthur John Edward Russell, younger brother of the 9th Duke and second son of Maj .- Gen. Lord Sir George William Russell, second son of the 6th Duke
# David Whitney Erskine Russell, 5th Baron Ampthill ( b. 1947 ), great-great-grandson of Odo William Leopold Russell, 1st Baron Ampthill, younger brother of the 9th Duke and third and youngest son of Maj .- Gen. Lord Sir George William Russell
" The Gen Sir William Otter Papers are selected from those presented at events organized by the Defence Studies Committee of the Royal Canadian Military Institute.
* Berlin and the British Ally 1945-1990 by Maj Gen Sir Robert Corbett the last GOC British Troops Berlin Area.
Gen. Sir Ian Hamilton ( facing front ) with Japanese General Kuroki Tamemoto after the Japanese victory in Battle of Shaho ( 1904 ).
Gen and Neil
According to demographers Bill Strauss and Neil Howe, there are approximately 88. 5 million Gen Xers in the U. S. today.
In 1993, Neil Howe published 13th Gen: Abort, Retry, Ignore, Fail ?, a sympathetic book about the culture of Generation X.
Some notable casualties for the British Army were Brig .- Gen. Neil Findlay, CRA 1st Division, who died as a result of wounds received on 10 September 1914 and is buried at Vailly British Cemetery and Lt-Col Guy Knight, OC 1st Loyal North Lancs.
Gen and 1897
In the last year of the war, he served on the staff of Gen. Ulysses S. Grant, later writing a lively memoir of the experience, Campaigning With Grant ( 1897 ).
During the Philippine Revolution in 1897, newly appointed Governor-General Fernando Primo de Rivera decided to crush Emilio Aguinaldo and his troops in Cavite, but Aguinaldo fled to Batangas and joined forces with Gen. Miguel Malvar.
Gen and –
* 1937 – Second Sino-Japanese War: Battle of Nanjing – Japanese troops under the command of Lt. Gen. Asaka Yasuhiko launch an assault on the Chinese city of Nanjing.
Generation X, commonly abbreviated to Gen X, is the generation born after the Western post – World War II baby boom.
During the 1980s and 1990s, in which Gen Xers would have been teenagers or young adults, the United Kingdom was politically marked by conservative Thatcher-era government followed by the more centrist tenures of John Major ( 1990 – 1997 ) and Tony Blair ( 1997 – 2007 ).
Among the most important figures of the federal era include the first democratically elected president in Honduras, Dionisio de Herrera, a lawyer, whose government, begun in 1824 established the first constitution, Gen. Francisco Morazán, Federal President 1830-1834 and 1835 – 1839, whose figure embodies the ideal American Unionist, and José Cecilio del Valle, editor of the Declaration of Independence signed in Guatemala on September 15, 1821 and Foreign Minister of Mexico in 1823.
* 1796 – Surveyors of the Connecticut Land Company name an area in Ohio " Cleveland " after Gen. Moses Cleaveland, the superintendent of the surveying party.
* 1996 – Lt. Gen. Maurice Baril of Canada arrives in Africa to lead a multi-national policing force in Zaire.
* 1775 – American Revolutionary War: Patriot revolutionary forces under Gen. Richard Montgomery occupy Montreal, Quebec.
* 1975 – Prince Juan Carlos becomes Spain's acting head of state, taking over for the country's ailing dictator, Gen. Francisco Franco.
* The second period: January – November 1919, featured the White armies ' successful advances, from the south, under Gen. Anton Denikin, from the east, under Gen. Aleksandr Vasilevich Kolchak, and from the northwest, under Gen. Nikolai Nikolaevich Yudenich, that defeated the Red Army on each front.
# Sarah Caldwell " Sally " Lee ( 1775 – 1837 ), who married Edmund Jennings Lee I ( 1772 – 1843 ), son of Maj. Gen. Henry Lee II ( 1730 – 1787 ) and Lucy Grymes ( 1734 – 1792 ).
* November 9 – Gen. Hugo Banzer, president of the military government of Bolivia, announces that the constitutional democracy will be restored in 1978 instead of 1980 as previously provided.
* July 25 – In Italy the Gran Consiglio del Fascismo withdraws its support of Mussolini ; Mussolini is arrested and the power is given to Maresciallo d ' Italia Gen. Pietro Badoglio.