[permalink] [id link]
* In 1996 The Outer Limits TV-series was nominated to the prize Gemini Awards, including Beau Bridges received a nomination in the category " Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role in a Dramatic Program or Mini-Series ", and episode " SandKings " was nominated in the category " Best TV Movie or Mini-Series " and " Best Sound in a Dramatic Program or Series ".
Some Related Sentences
1996 and Outer
He adapted his story " Inconstant Moon " for an episode of the television series The Outer Limits in 1996.
In January 1996, the aquarium opened the Outer Bay wing to provide exhibits covering the open-water ecology of Monterey's Outer Bay.
Also reprinted in The Outer Edge: Classic Investigations of the Paranormal, edited by Joe Nickell, Barry Karr, and Tom Genoni, CSICOP, 1996.
In 1996, he starred in the revival of A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, for which he won the Tony, Drama Desk and Outer Critics Circle Awards.
In 1996, Kings Dominion introduced its second launched roller coaster, and first LIM-launched roller coaster, The Outer Limits: Flight of Fear.
:* The Declaration on International Cooperation in the Exploration and Use of Outer Space for the Benefit and in the Interest of All States, Taking into Particular Account the Needs of Developing Countries ( 1996 )
Stevens also wrote for the revival show of The Outer Limits between 1996 and 1997, and wrote the play The Lovers, which became the film The War Lord, along with producing the pilots for Battlestar Galactica and Buck Rogers in the 25th Century.
Morgan wrote two additional episodes of The X-Files, the absurdist cockroach invasion story " War of the Coprophages " ( originally aired on January 5, 1996 ) and the famously convoluted " Jose Chung's From Outer Space " ( April 12, 1996 ), as well as contributing an uncredited rewrite to " Quagmire " ( May 3, 1996 ).
Hillcrest lost its independent Town Board status in 1996 and was made subject to administration by the Outer West Local Council-a substructure council of the then Durban Unicity.
Purdy's collection of poems, Rooms for Rent in the Outer Planets: Selected Poems, 1962 – 1996, was chosen for inclusion in Canada Reads 2006, where it was championed by poet Susan Musgrave.
1996 and Limits
* Ruth Gavison, " Privacy and the Limits of the Law ," in Michael J. Gorr and Sterling Harwood, eds., Crime and Punishment: Philosophic Explorations ( Belmont, CA: Wadsworth Publishing Co., 2000, formerly Jones and Bartlett Publishers, 1996 ), paperback, 552 pages, pp. 46 – 68.
* Garland, David ( 1996 ), " The Limits of the Sovereign State: Strategies of Crime Control in Contemporary Society ", British Journal of Criminology Vol 36 pp445 – 471.
* Mir-Hosseini, Ziba ( 1996 ) " Stretching The Limits: A Feminist Reading of the Shari ' a in Post-Khomeini Iran ," in Mai Yamani ( ed.
* At the City Limits of Fate ( 1996 ), includes fifteen stories from 1982 – 1996 -- Philip K. Dick Award nominee, 1996
* Limits on the Chirality of Interstellar and Intergalactic Space, Journal of Astrophysics and Astronomy 17, 17-21 ( 1996 ).
* Steven J. Dick, The Biological Universe: The Twentieth Century Extraterrestrial Life Debate and the Limits of Science ( NY: Cambridge University Press, 1996 )
* The Westernization of the World: Significance, Scope and Limits of the Drive Towards Global Uniformity ( Polity Press, Cambridge, United Kingdom, 1996 ).
1996 and TV-series
He then played the role of Martin in the original production of Dennis Potter's Brimstone and Treacle ; Peter in Stephen Poliakoff's Caught on a Train ; Edmund in the BBC Television Shakespeare production of King Lear ; the Antipholi in the same series ' production of The Comedy of Errors ; Private Bamforth in the 1979 BBC television play of The Long and the Short and the Tall ; Rochus Misch in The Bunker ; In 1993 he appeared in an episode of the BBC Police TV-series Between the Lines ; as Berkeley Cole in Out of Africa, the King of the United Kingdom in To Play the King ( 1996 ) ( a character recognisably modeled on Prince Charles ); and a recurring role as Bill Tanner in the Pierce Brosnan Bond movies GoldenEye and The World Is Not Enough.
1996 and was
The second generation was led by Fernand Braudel ( 1902 – 1985 ) and included Georges Duby ( 1919 – 1996 ), Pierre Goubert ( 1915 – 2012 ), Robert Mandrou ( 1921 – 1984 ), Pierre Chaunu ( 1923 – 2009 ), Jacques Le Goff ( 1924 – ) and Ernest Labrousse ( 1895 – 1988 ).
A modified infrageneric classification of Amaranthus was published by Mosyakin & Robertson ( 1996 ) and includes three subgenera: Acnida, Amaranthus, and Albersia.
Their lower level Minor League Baseball teams began play in 1996 ; the expansion draft was held that year as well.
After the Soviet withdrawal, between 1992 and 1996, he was minister of defense in the new government of the Islamic State of Afghanistan under president Burhanuddin Rabbani, and acted as its military leader in the civil war against competing militias around Kabul.
The compelling rationale for this was the integral role technology now plays in our lives, which was not present in 1996.
The elite Legend status was bestowed on 12 members of the Hall of Fame in 1996: Ron Barassi, Haydn Bunton Senior, Roy Cazaly, John Coleman, Jack Dyer, Polly Farmer, Leigh Matthews, John Nicholls, Bob Pratt, Dick Reynolds, Bob Skilton and Ted Whitten ( see above list for further details ).
The first South Asian a cappella group was Penn Masala, founded in 1996 at the University of Pennsylvania.
The study of apoptosis brought on by Bunyaviridae was initiated in 1996 when it was observed that apoptosis was induced by the La Crosse virus into the kidney cells of baby hamsters and into the brains of baby mice.
In 1994, the State Compensation Law ( 国家赔偿法 ) was passed, followed by the Administrative Penalties Law ( 行政处罚法 ) in 1996.
In 1996, two-tier local government was abolished and Angus was established as one of the replacement single-tier Council Areas.
The musical was also revived with great success in 1996, starring Nathan Lane as Pseudolus ( replaced later in the run by Whoopi Goldberg and also by David Alan Grier ), Mark Linn-Baker as Hysterium, Ernie Sabella as Lycus, Jim Stanek as Hero, Lewis J. Stadlen as Senex, and Cris Groenendaal as Miles Gloriosus.
The song was later featured in the film The Birdcage ( 1996 ) and performed by Robin Williams and Christine Baranski.
During his visit to the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum in Manila in 1996, he was saved shortly before his car was due to drive over a bridge where a bomb had been planted.
In a July 2, 2011 editorial the New York Times opined, " The Defense of Marriage Act was enacted in 1996 as an election-year wedge issue, signed by President Bill Clinton in one of his worst policy moments.
The 1996 United States campaign finance controversy was an alleged effort by the People's Republic of China ( PRC ) to influence the domestic policies of the United States, before and during the Clinton administration, and involved the fundraising practices of the administration itself.