[permalink] [id link]
* In October 1950, 37-year-old Anthony Maffetore was arrested for grand larceny as a member of a nationwide auto-theft ring.
Some Related Sentences
October and 1950
You Bet Your Life debuted in October 1947 on radio on ABC ( which aired it from 1947 – 49 ), sponsored by costume jewelry manufacturer Allen Gellman ; and then on CBS ( 1949 – 50 ), and finally NBC, continuing until May 1961 — on radio only, 1947 – 1950 ; on both radio and television, 1950 – 1960 ; and on television only, 1960-1961.
By the time You Bet Your Life debuted on TV on October 5, 1950, Groucho had grown a real mustache ( which he had already sported earlier in the films Copacabana and Love Happy ).
When Haiti announced that its first direct elections ( all men twenty-one or over were allowed to vote ) would be held on October 8, 1950, Magloire resigned from the junta and declared himself a candidate for president.
This was followed on October 3, 1948 by an appearance on the NBC TV series Welcome Aboard, then a stint as the first of a series of hosts of The Colgate Comedy Hour in 1950.
Meanwhile, the investigation into the British Embassy leak was still ongoing, and the stress of it was exacerbated by the arrival in Washington, in October 1950, of Guy Burgess – Philby's unstable, dangerously alcoholic, and flamboyantly homosexual Cambridge colleague and fellow Soviet spy.
The Oxford English Dictionary records its earliest known English-language usage of brainwashing in an article by Edward Hunter in New Leader published on 7 October 1950.
The FCC had briefly approved a different color television standard, starting in October 1950, which was developed by CBS.
Corp. acquiring the majority of the cartoons and live action short subjects released before October 1950 ( exceptions are noted below ), in 1955.
< tr bgcolor ="# 98fb98 ">< td > 37 < td > Sir John McDonald < td > Country < td > 27 June 1950 < td > 28 October 1952
* " Titanium: Our Next Major Metal ", Popular Science, October 1950 — one of first general public detailed articles on Titanium
Written by Lewis between 1949 and 1954, illustrated by Pauline Baynes and originally published in London between October 1950 and March 1956, The Chronicles of Narnia has been adapted several times, complete or in part, for radio, television, the stage, and film.
The books were first published in the United Kingdom by Geoffrey Bles, with the first edition of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe released in London on 16 October 1950.
The Convention of the World Meteorological Organization was signed 11 October 1947 and established upon ratification in 1950.
In October 1950, UDTs supported mine-clearing operations in Wonsan Harbor where frogmen would locate and mark mines for minesweepers.
Laurette Marcia " Laura " Gemser ( born October 5, 1950, Java, Indonesia ) is a Dutch-based actress of Indo descent, now Italian citizen.
The actor Norman Painting played Phil Archer continuously from the first trial series in 1950 until his death on 29 October 2009.
October and Anthony
A revival opened in the West End on October 6, 1989 at the Piccadilly Theatre, directed by Ian Judge, designed by Mark Thompson, and choreographed by Anthony Van Laast.
Sir John Anthony Pople, KBE, FRS, ( October 31, 1925 – March 15, 2004 ) was a Nobel-Prize winning theoretical chemist.
* October 9 – Troy Anthony Davis, American high-profile death row inmate and human rights activist ( d. 2011 )
A Possible Deathbed Confession " – by Anthony DeBartolo, Chicago Tribune, October 8, 1997 and " Odds Improve That a Hot Game of Craps in Mrs. O ' Leary's Barn Touched Off Chicago Fire " – by Anthony DeBartolo, Chicago Tribune, March 3, 1998
* Lesser Feasts and Commemorations on the Lutheran liturgical calendar include Anthony of Egypt on January 17, Henry, Bishop of Uppsala, martyr Henry of Uppsala on January 19, Timothy, Titus and Silas, missionaries St Timothy, St Titus and St Silas Day on January 26, Ansgar, Bishop of Hamburg, missionary to Denmark and Sweden St Ansgar on February 3, Cyril, monk and Methodius, bishop, missionaries to the Slavs St Cyril and St Methodius on February 14, Gregory the Great on March 12, St Patrick on March 17, Olavus Petri, priest and Laurentius Petri, Bishop of Uppsala, on April 19, St Anselm on April 21, Catherine of Siena on April 29, St Athanasius on May 2, St Monica on May 4, Eric IX of Sweden on May 18, St Boniface on June 5, Basil the Great, Gregory of Nyssa and Gregory of Nazianzus on June 14, Benedict of Nursia on July 11, Birgitta of Sweden on July 23, St Anne, Mother of Mary on July 26, St Dominic on August 8, Augustine of Hippo on August 28, St Cyprian on September 16, Teresa of Avila on October 15, Martin de Porres on November 3, Martin of Tours on November 11, Elizabeth of Hungary on November 17, St Lucy on December 13.
Jack Benny parodied Anthony Adverse on the October 11 and 18 episodes of his " Jell-o Show " in 1936.
The General Medical Council appealed to the Court of Appeal and in October 2006 by a majority decision, with the Master of the Rolls, Sir Anthony Clarke, dissenting, the Court of Appeal upheld the decision of the High Court in part, ruling that Meadow's misconduct was not sufficiently serious to merit the punishment which he had received.
* Lieutenant-Colonel Sir Anthony Wagner, KCB KCVO BCL MA ( Oxon ) FSA Garter Principal King of Arms 27 October 1954 – 1995
The original Broadway production premiered on 5 October 1960 at the St. James Theatre in a production by David Merrick, directed by Peter Glenville and starring Laurence Olivier as Thomas Becket and Anthony Quinn as King Henry II.
Mark Anthony Taylor, ( born 27 October 1964 in Leeton, New South Wales ; nicknamed " Tubby " or " Tubs ") is a former Australian cricket player and Test opening batsman from 1988 – 1999, as well as captain from 1994 – 1999, succeeding Allan Border.
In October 1973 he announced on BBC Radio that he wished to be known as Mr Tony Benn rather than as Anthony Wedgwood Benn, and his book Speeches from 1974 is credited to " Tony Benn ".
Covington's annual Fort Rowdy Gathering, held in October, celebrates the village's origin as a fort of that name, built by the forces of Mad Anthony Wayne during the Northwest Indian War.
Sir Anthony George Berry ( 12 February 1925 – 12 October 1984 ) was a British politician, the Conservative Member of Parliament for Enfield Southgate, and a Whip in Margaret Thatcher's government.
A ceremony was held in Berry's Enfield Southgate constituency on 12 October 2009, the 25th anniversary of the bombing, at which his widow ( now Lady Donoghue, wife of Lord Donoghue ) and her daughter Sasha unveiled a plaque in his honour at the newly renamed Sir Anthony Berry House in Chaseville Parade, Winchmore Hill.
Roderick Andrew Anthony Jude " Roddy " McDowall ( 17 September 1928 – 3 October 1998 ) was a British actor and photographer.
Jacob Jordaens ( 19 May 1593 – 18 October 1678 ) was one of three Flemish Baroque painters, along with Peter Paul Rubens and Anthony van Dyck, to bring prestige to the Antwerp school of painting.
James Anthony Froude, 23 April 1818 – 20 October 1894, was an English historian, novelist, biographer, and editor of Fraser's Magazine.
In October 1975 the New York Times columnist Anthony Lewis declared that “ the Chilean junta ’ s economic policy is based on the ideas of Milton Friedman … and his Chicago School ”.
Natalie Merchant was born October 26, 1963, in Jamestown, New York, the third of four children of Anthony and Ann Merchant.