[permalink] [id link]
* In the timeline of Robert Heinlein's utopian novel For Us, the Living – written in 1939 but only published posthumously in 2003 – LaGuardia is elected President in 1951 and serves two terms as a militant reforming president, effectively nationalizing the banking system and instituting a system of Social Credit.
Some Related Sentences
timeline and Robert
In an attempt to provide a coherent timeline which fit the numerous adventures of Conan penned by Robert E. Howard and later writers, various " Conan chronologies " have been prepared by many people from the 1930s onward.
The earliest one was probably Robert C. Webber's home-made 2. 2 kW direct-exchange system, but sources disagree as to the exact timeline of his invention.
In our timeline, a Confederate messenger lost General Robert E. Lee's Special Order 191, which detailed Lee's plans for the Invasion of the North.
The storyline alternates between present day, in which the X-Men fight Mystique's Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, and a future timeline caused by the X-Men's failure to prevent the Brotherhood from assassinating Senator Robert Kelly.
The CIA leak scandal timeline ( also known as the CIA leak case timeline, the Plamegate scandal timeline, and the Plame affair timeline ) pertains to the controversy leading to the CIA leak grand jury investigation and ensuing criminal trial United States v. Libby, following Robert Novak's public disclosure of the then-still classified covert identity of United States Central Intelligence Agency officer Valerie Plame Wilson ( known as the " CIA leak scandal " and also known as " Plamegate " and the " Plame affair ").
timeline and Heinlein's
While it is included in collections of Future History stories and appears on Heinlein's timeline chart, " The Long Watch " does not appear to share continuity with the history, but with Space Cadet published a year earlier.
The novel borrows liberally from Heinlein's Future History, although it does not follow its timeline.
timeline and novel
* In the Doctor Who spin-off novel State of Change, the Sixth Doctor and Peri Brown meet and befriend an alternate version of Ptolmey in a timeline where Cleopatra and Anthony survived thanks to them acquiring a copy of the Doctor's TARDIS console, using the information in its databanks to develop modern technology and weapons centuries ahead of schedule.
The film spawned a 2007 sequel, 28 Weeks Later, a graphic novel titled 28 Days Later: The Aftermath, which expands on the timeline of the outbreak, and a 2009 comic book series 28 Days Later.
In Terrance Dicks ' novel Timewyrm: Exodus, the Seventh Doctor briefly finds himself in a timeline in which the Nazis won WW II.
A seminal example of this idea is in Fritz Leiber ’ s novel, The Big Time where there ’ s a war across time between two alternate futures each side manipulating history to create a timeline that results into their own world.
Yossarian features to some extent in all but two of the forty-two chapters of the novel but due to the skewed timeline it is often not clear which events follow which.
* In Philip K. Dick's 1962 novel The Man in the High Castle, set in an alternate timeline, Bricker succeeded John Nance Garner as the 33rd President of the United States in 1940.
The former movie version depicts the Eloi speaking modern-day English, a fact which contradicts the original novel and the logical timeline of language evolution.
* The novel suggests that the universe of the Time Traveller is not ours, but a slightly different one, coherent with Wells novels ( whereas Nebogipfel's original timeline created by the publication of the time traveller's first travel in The Time-Machine, according to what he relates of it to the time traveller, appears to be much more similar to ours ).
Elizabeth Bear, whose novel New Amsterdam is set in a ( quite different ) alternate timeline where magic works, acknowledged her debt to the Darcy stories by giving her protagonist, a forensic sorceress, the name Abigail Irene Garrett.
* The Sixth Doctor sequence in the novel The Eight Doctors-where the Eighth Doctor visits and assists his past selves-takes place at the beginning of this episode, the Eighth Doctor interacting with a version of the Sixth Doctor created by the Valeyard's attempt to ' force ' a timeline where the Sixth Doctor will be executed, the two Doctors subsequently working together to set up an inquiry into the High Council's attempt to put the Sixth Doctor on trial to cover up their failures.
* In Stephen Baxter ’ s 1996 alternate timeline novel Voyage the NERVA project is not canceled but development goes on throughout the 70s producing a test article Apollo-N in 1980.
The thirteenth mainline novel, A Rising Thunder, ties together events in both sub-series and synchronizes the timeline of each sub-series with Honor Harrington's mainline novels.
Though he does not actually appear in 1989's The Russia House, that novel is connected to certain aspects of Smiley's timeline via Ned, who is also a major player in The Secret Pilgrim.
The timeline of the novel moves forwards and backwards from the Nazi-led Norwegian front against the Soviet army in late 1944 to the modern day, culminating on 17 May 2000, during the first half of the novel.
Light novels have also been serialized within the Japanese version of the magazine in the past: these have included " For the Barrel " ( an abstract adaptation of the Mobile Suit Gundam novel trilogy ); a novelization of Overman King Gainer ( accompanied by illustrations from the show's character designer, Kinu Nishimura ); and the Yoshiyuki Tomino story " Gaia Gear ", set in the far future of Gundam's Universal Century timeline.
In his alternate history novel, The Guns of the South, the events of Fort Pillow are referred to as a massacre in the novel's imagined timeline.
* The spin-off BBC Books novel The Quantum Archangel by Craig Hinton briefly shows an alternate timeline where the destruction of Logopolis did result in the death of the universe.
The Seventh Doctor encounters an alternate version of Jo in the Virgin New Adventures novel Blood Heat in an alternate timeline where the Third Doctor was killed and the Silurians have conquered Earth ( Doctor Who and the Silurians ).
In the BBC Books novel The Eight Doctors, by Terrance Dicks, the Eighth Doctor returns to the trial of the Sixth Doctor and rescues him from an alternate timeline in which the Sixth Doctor is about to be executed by the Valeyard, the Eighth Doctor denouncing the charge of genocide as ludicrous due to the Vervoids having been artificially created rather than a naturally-evolving species.
is a novel set in the Universal Century timeline of the Gundam universe, originally serialized in Model Graphix magazine between September 1987 and August 1988.
In terms of the Doctor's timeline, their first portrayed meeting was in the Virgin Missing Adventures First Doctor novel The Empire of Glass by Andy Lane, although they already knew each other.
timeline and For
For instance, amillennial and postmillennial Christians do not believe in the same timeline of the Second Coming as premillennialists, while preterist Christians do not interpret the Book of Revelation to predict future events at all.
For example, the ongoing continuity contradictions on episodic TV series such as The Simpsons ( in which the timeline of the family's history must be continually shifted forward to explain them not getting any older.
For example, the Friendship One probe ( launched, on the fictional timeline, in 2067 ) is marked with the letters UESPA-1 in the Star Trek: Voyager episode " Friendship One ".
For example: in the case of establishing a project timeline in the implementation phase of the life cycle of a computer system.
For example, in the original 1950s timeline, humanity does not discover the hyperspatial drive until approximately the year 5000, whereas in the reincorporated Robot universe chronology, the first interstellar jump occurs in 2029, during the events of I, Robot.
While not a compilation, The Indelible Alison Bechdel: Confessions, Comix, and Miscellaneous Dykes to Watch Out For ( 1998 ) included many of the strips Bechdel published in calendars, a timeline of the strip to date, and a fanciful " tour " of the " factory " where Dykes To Watch Out For is produced.
For example in the sciences, the " International Commission on Stratigraphy " ( ICS ) a standing working committee is doing organizational work establishing uniform naming and benchmarks in the geologic record and timeline since 1974, all under the auspices of the International Union of Geological Sciences ( IUGS ).
For instance, every article for a U. S. state has a box giving information about such things as the official state bird and tree and each President of the United States gets a very distinctive look with an oversized portrait of that President and a timeline and significant historial events that occurred during that President's administration.
For every behavior, condition, action, and inaction specify in the " timeline " what should have been done when it differs from what was done.
For example, the timeline indicates that Moonwood the Hare lived around the year 570 ( mentioned in the Last Battle ), that the White Witch Jadis returns to Narnia around year 898 ( corresponding roughly with her hundred-year reign ), that King Ram of Archenland succeeds Cor in 1050 ( as stated, without the year in the Horse and His Boy ), and that Queen Swanwhite lived around the year 1502 ( also mentioned in the Last Battle ).
For history of Corning Community College, view CCC's timeline: http :// lgdata. s3-website-us-east-1. amazonaws. com / docs / 1709 / 447214 / CCC_DATES. pdf
For a timeline, go to the Meredith College Library website at http :// www. meredith. edu / library / archives / meredith_timeline. html
For the timeline of the History of the Republic of China on Taiwan ( 1945 – present ), see Timeline of Taiwanese history.