[permalink] [id link]
* Jan Karon, New York Times-bestselling author of the Mitford Series and the Father Tim novels ( born in Lenoir ).
Some Related Sentences
Jan and Karon
New York Times bestselling author Jan Karon attended first through eighth grades at Hudson School in the historic building now known as the HUB.
Major League Baseball player Madison Bumgarner hails from Hudson and author Jan Karon attended school here during her elementary years and John Wilson was recreation director for many years as well.
Jan Karon, a native of nearby Lenoir, North Carolina moved to Blowing Rock in the late 1980s to write fiction.
Jan and New
Bordewijk, Jan L. and van Kaam, Ben ( 2002 ) “ Towards a New Classification of Tele-Information Services ,” in Denis McQuail ( ed.
* Wade, Nicholas, " Depth of the Kindness Hormone Appears to Know Some Bounds ," New York Times, Jan. 10, 2011.
Their first actual multi-song concert billed as Jan and Dean took place in 1978 in New York City at The Palladium as part of the Murray the K Brooklyn Fox Reunion Show.
* Hallenbeck, Jan T. " Pavia and Rome: The Lombard Monarchy and the Papacy in the Eighth Century " Transactions of the American Philosophical Society New Series, 72. 4 ( 1982 ), pp. 1 – 186.
* Ronald John Weitzer, " Policing Under Fire: Ethnic Conflict and Police-Community Relations in Northern Ireland ", State University of New York Press ( Jan 1995 ), ISBN 079142247X.
There have been several depictions of the New Testament parable in art, including works by Domenico Fetti, John Everett Millais, and Jan Luyken.
* July 17 – The New York Times publicly takes back the ridicule of the rocket scientist Robert H. Goddard published in 13 Jan 1920 that spaceflight is impossible.
* February 27 – A group of Anabaptists, led by Jan Matthys, seize Münster in Westphalia and declare it " The New Jerusalem ", begin to exile dissenters and forcibly baptize all others.
In the late 1960s and early 1970s, screening of consecutive newborns for sex chromosome abnormalities was undertaken at seven centers worldwide: in Denver ( Jan 1964 – 1974 ), Edinburgh ( Apr 1967 – Jun 1979 ), New Haven ( Oct 1967 – Sep 1968 ), Toronto ( Oct 1967 – Sep 1971 ), Aarhus ( Oct 1969 – Jan 1974, Oct 1980 – Jan 1989 ), Winnipeg ( Feb 1970 – Sep 1973 ), and Boston ( Apr 1970 – Nov 1974 ).
Jan Želivský, a Hussite priest at the church of the Virgin Mary of the Snows, led his congregation on a procession through the streets of Prague to the New Town Hall ( Novoměstská radnice ) on Charles Square.
The idea was later popularized by the 1998 book The Indigo Children: The New Kids Have Arrived, written by husband and wife self-help lecturers Lee Carroll and Jan Tober.
Henny also worked with Belgian singer-songwriter Jan De Wilde and recorded a duet with the lead singer of demissionary New Dutch Wave-survivors Frank Boeijen Groep.
Mon Mothma, Chief-of-State of the New Republic, gives Kyle and Jan objectives during the game. The primary antagonists of Jedi Outcast, Desann ( right ) and Tavion
Little is known about Colonel Plug except, from the folklorish descriptions provided in 1830 by Timothy Flint's " Col. Plug, the last of the Boat-wreckers ," in The Western Monthly Review and " The Boat-Wreckers — Or Banditti of the West ," in the Rochester, New Yorknewspaper, Daily Advertiser, Jan. 29, 1830.
In 1482 he wrote a Commentum planetarium in theoricas Georgii Purbachii — a commentary on Georg von Peuerbach's text, New Theories of the Planets — published in Milan by his pupil, Jan Otto de Kraceusae.
Minister of Colonies Jan Anne Jonkman defended the Linggadjati Agreement in Parliament in 1946 by stating that the government wished for New Guinea to remain under Dutch sovereignty, arguing it could be a settlement for Eurasians.
Jan and York
She is buried in Green-Wood Cemetery, in Brooklyn, New York where her tombstone states: " Mrs. Eliza Gilbert / Died Jan. 17, 1861 ".
The Comateens were originally a New Wave duo formed in 1978 in New York City by bassist / vocalist Nic North and guitarist Ramona Jan.
* New York Figurative Expressionism of the 1950s represented New York figurative artists such as Robert Beauchamp, Elaine de Kooning, Robert Goodnough, Grace Hartigan, Lester Johnson, Alex Katz, George McNeil ( artist ), Jan Muller, Fairfield Porter, Gregorio Prestopino, Larry Rivers and Bob Thompson.
Versions have been recorded by Louis Armstrong, Dave Brubeck, Tommy Dorsey, Tex Beneke with The Glenn Miller Orchestra ( Recorded in New York City on February 1, 1947 and released by RCA Victor Records as catalogue number 20-2016B and by EMI on the His Master's Voice label as catalogue number BD 5968 ), Frank Sinatra, Billie Holiday, Doris Day, Jan Garber, Fumio Nanri, Dizzy Gillespie, Nat King Cole, Mel Tormé, Connie Francis, Jean Sablon, Keely Smith, Terumasa Hino, Harry Connick Jr, Ella Fitzgerald, Olavi Virta, The Peanuts, Django Reinhardt, Barry Manilow, John Coltrane, Earl Grant, Willie Nelson, Billy Ward and His Dominoes, George Benson, Mina, Ken Hirai, Los Hombres Calientes and many others.
Jan Morrow ( Doris Day ) is a successful, content, self-reliant interior decorator who lives in New York City.
Once Brad returns to New York, Jonathan is pleased to learn that the mighty oak of a playboy has finally fallen in love, while conversely Jan will have nothing to do with him for deceiving her.
According to Brian Dunning of Skeptoid, folk tales of the Jersey Devil prior to 1909 calling it the " Leeds Devil " may have been created to discredit local politician Daniel Leeds who served as deputy to the colonial governor of New York and New Jersey in the 1700s, and folklorist Jan Harold Brunvand wrote that the spread of contemporary pop culture has overtaken traditional Jersey Devil legends.
Statues honoring Karski have been placed in New York City at the corner of 37th Street and Madison Avenue ( renamed as Jan Karski Corner ) and on the grounds of Georgetown University in Washington, D. C. Georgetown University, Oregon State University, Baltimore Hebrew College, Warsaw University, Maria Curie-Skłodowska University, and the University of Łódź all awarded Karski honorary doctorates.