[permalink] [id link]
* Kirk G. S .; Raven, J. E. and Schofield, M. ( 1983 ) The Presocratic Philosophers: a critical history with a selection of texts ( 2nd ed.
Some Related Sentences
Kirk and G
28 .</ ref > One of the three Milesian philosophers, he is identified as a younger friend or student of Anaximander .< ref > Kirk, G. S., J. E.
124-126 .</ ref > While other philosophers also recognized such transitions in states of matter, Anaximenes was the first to associate the quality pairs hot / dry and cold / wet with the density of a single material and add a quantitative dimension to the Milesian monistic system .< ref > Kirk, G. S., J. E.
While the sun is similarly described as being aflame, it is not composed of rarefied air like the stars but rather of earth like the moon ; its burning comes not from its composition but rather from its rapid motion .< ref > Kirk, G. S., J. E.
* Kirk, G. S., Myth: Its Meaning and Functions in Ancient and Other Cultures ( Berkeley 1970 ) 226 – 32.
* Kirk, G. S., J. E. Raven, M. Schofield ( 1984 ) The Presocratic Philosophers: A Critical History with a Selection of Texts, 2nd ed.
That same year, she ran to succeed Chuck Manatt as chair of the Democratic National Committee, but lost to then-DNC Treasurer Paul G. Kirk.
The classicist G. S. Kirk criticizes Eliade's insistence that Australian Aborigines and ancient Mesopotamians had concepts of " being ", " non-being ", " real ", and " becoming ", although they lacked words for them.
* Two Weeks in Another Town, directed by Vincente Minnelli, starring Kirk Douglas, Edward G. Robinson, George Hamilton, Cyd Charisse
Schenker has been on the covers of many guitar magazines and has influenced many notable guitar players, including Kirk Hammett and James Hetfield ( Metallica ), Dave Mustaine ( Megadeth ), Adrian Smith ( Iron Maiden ), Randy Rhoads ( Ozzy Osbourne, Quiet Riot ), Michael Amott ( Arch Enemy-Spiritual Beggars ), Chris Caffery ( Savatage ), Gus G ( Ozzy-Firewind ), Vinny Burns ( Dare, ex-Ten ), George Lynch ( Dokken-Lynch Mob ), Doug Aldrich ( Whitesnake-Dio ), Warren DeMartini ( Ratt ), Frank Hannon ( Tesla ), Slash ( Guns N ' Roses-Velvet Revolver ), Michael Wilton ( Queensrÿche ), Paul Gilbert ( Racer X-Mr. Big ), Roland Grapow ( Masterplan-ex-Helloween ), Aaron Aedy ( Paradise Lost ), Alex Skolnick and Eric Peterson ( Testament ), Andy LaRocque ( King Diamond ), Gary Holt ( Exodus ), Erik Turner ( Warrant ), Arjen Lucassen ( Ayreon ), Andy DiGelsomina ( Lyraka ), Hans Ziller ( Bonfire ), Jim Matheos ( Fates Warning ), Michael Denner and Hank Shermann ( Mercyful Fate ), Tak Matsumoto ( B ' z-TMG ), Marty Friedman ( Megadeth-Cacophony ) among many others.
* G. S. Kirk, J. E. Raven, and M. Schofield, The Presocratic Philosophers, Chapter 5, 2nd Edition, Cambridge, 1983
* Burke, J. G., " Kirk and Causality in Edinburgh, 1805 ", Isis, Vol. 61, No. 3, ( Autumn 1970 ), pp. 340 – 354.
Throughout his career, Moore was recognised as an influence by many notable guitarists including Vivian Campbell, Patrick Rondat, John Norum, Paul Gilbert, Gus G, Slash, Orianthi, Joe Bonamassa, Adrian Smith, Doug Aldrich, Zakk Wylde, Randy Rhoads, John Sykes and Kirk Hammett
* Paul G. Kirk ( 1956 ) – former U. S. Senator from Massachusetts and former chairman of the Democratic National Committee
Kirk and .
Andre Kirk Agassi (; born April 29, 1970 in Las Vegas, Nevada ) is a retired American professional tennis player and former World No. 1, who was one of the game's most dominant players from the early 1990s to the mid 2000s.
* Grayson, Albert Kirk ( 1975 ): Assyrian and Babylonian Chronicles ( ABC ), Locust Valley, N. Y., Augustin ; reed.
Kirk who provided the first translation into Gaidhlig of the Book of Psalms, however, he is better remembered for the publication of his book " The Secret Commonwealth of Elves, Fauns, and Fairies " in 1691.
Kirk had long been researching fairies, and the book collected several personal accounts and stories of folk who claimed to have encountered them.
Kirk and S
This became known as slash from the '/' mark used in adzines to differentiate a K & S story ( which would have been a Kirk and Spock friendship story ) from a K / S story, which would have been one with a romantic or sexual bent between the characters.
* Peterson, Kirk Automated Teller Machine as a National Bank under the Federal Law, William S. Hein & Co., Inc., August 1987, ISBN 0-89941-587-3
By the early 1990s, the music associated with this experimentation had gained prominence with releases on a variety of record labels including Warp Records ( 1989 ), Black Dog Productions ( 1989 ), R & S Records ( 1989 ), Carl Craig's Planet E, Rising High Records ( 1991 ), Richard James's Rephlex Records ( 1991 ), Kirk Degiorgio's Applied Rhythmic Technology ( 1991 ), Eevo Lute Muzique ( 1991 ), General Production Recordings ( 1989 ), Soma Quality Recordings ( 1991 ), Peacefrog Records ( 1991 ), and Metamorphic Recordings ( 1992 ).
The name arises from the use of the slash symbol (/) in mentions in the late ' 70s of K / S ( meaning stories where Kirk and Spock had a romantic often sexual relationship ) as compared to the ampersand (&) conventionally used for K & S or Kirk and Spock friendship fiction.