[permalink] [id link]
* Lucky Pierre, a character who appeared in one episode of Batman ( 1960s TV series ); portrayed by Pierre Salinger, Lucky Pierre defended The Joker and Catwoman
Some Related Sentences
Lucky and Pierre
It is there he met some of his future colleagues: Maurice de Bevere ( Morris, creator of Lucky Luke ), Pierre Culliford ( Peyo, creator of the Smurfs ), and Eddy Paape.
He appeared in the late 1960s in a gag on Rowan and Martin's Laugh-in as a French ventriloquist named Lucky Pierre, who has the misfortune of having his elderly dummy die of a heart attack in the middle of his act.
The first site in Regina used for flying was the infield at Regina Exhibition Park's horse race track, where visiting barnstormer " Lucky Bob " St. Pierre ( a Nebraskan whose real name was " Shaeffer " or " Shaffer ") flew a Curtiss Model D biplane in August, 1911.
In keeping with the theme of sexual allusion ( see arab strap ( sexual device )), Moffat records as a solo artist under the name Lucky Pierre ( later changed to L Pierre ) – slang for the man in the middle of a gay threesome.
* Lucky Pierre, an American band fronted by Kevin McMahon ( musician ) and including one-time member Trent Reznor
* The lead character in Eric Rohmer's The Sign of Leo ( original French title: ' Le Signe du lion ', 1959 ) refers to himself as ' Lucky Pierre ' early on in the film.
and Pierre Canavese who had been previously deported from the U. S. to Italy but had subsequently entered Cuba by means of a fraudulent passport and was closely associated with Lucky Luciano
It was there that she was broadcast on French television in a performance with Lucky Thompson, Pierre Michelot and Kenny Clarke.
Kevin Michael McMahon ( born September 21, 1953 in Cleveland, Ohio ) is a musician, singer, and songwriter for the long-standing bands Lucky Pierre and Prick.
McMahon began recording with his pop group Lucky Pierre in 1974, releasing a number of vinyl singles though 1981.
Lucky Pierre initially consisted of: John Guciardo-Lead Guitar, Brian Dempsey-Drums, Dennis DeVito-Bass and McMahon on Guitar & Lead Vocals.
Lucky and character
In movies, Cary Grant's character teaches rhyming slang to his female companion in the film Mr. Lucky ( 1943 ) and describes it as Australian rhyming slang.
Anderson is best remembered as a film maker for his " Mick Travis trilogy ", all of which star Malcolm McDowell as the title character: If .... ( 1968 ), a satire on public schools ; O Lucky Man!
The new series, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, was an almost instant success, and the character, Oswald — drawn and created by Iwerks — became a popular figure.
It subsequently took his company 78 years to get back the rights to the Oswald character when in 2006 the Walt Disney Company reacquired the rights to Oswald the Lucky Rabbit from NBC Universal, through a trade for longtime ABC sports commentator Al Michaels.
The boy ( or pair of boys ) may be seen to represent meekness and hope before compassion is consciously excluded by an evolving personality and character, and in which case may be the youthful Pozzo and Lucky.
Oswald the Lucky Rabbit ( also known as Oswald the Rabbit or Oswald Rabbit ) is an anthropomorphic rabbit and animated cartoon character created by Ub Iwerks and Walt Disney for funny animal films distributed by Universal Pictures in the 1920s and 1930s.
Pete is a featured character in the following Donald Duck cartoons: Donald's Lucky Day ( 1939 ), Officer Duck ( 1939 ), The Riveter ( 1940 ), Timber ( 1941 ), Donald Gets Drafted ( 1942 ), The Vanishing Private ( 1942 ), Sky Trooper ( 1942 ), Bellboy Donald ( 1942 ), The Old Army Game ( 1943 ), Trombone Trouble ( 1944 ), The New Neighbor ( 1953 ) and Canvas Back Duck ( 1953, where he fights a semi-pro boxing match with Donald Duck ).
The two characters may be roughly equal or have a begrudging interdependence ( like Vladamir and Estragon in Waiting for Godot or the two main characters in Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead ); one character may be clearly dominant and may torture the passive character ( like Pozzo and Lucky in Waiting for Godot or Hamm and Clov in Endgame ); the relationship of the characters may shift dramatically throughout the play ( as in Ionesco's The Lesson or in many of Albee's plays, The Zoo Story for example ).
Allen Jenkins played a variation on the Paul Drake character, referred to as Spudsy Drake, in two 1935 films based on Gardner novels, The Case of the Curious Bride and The Case of the Lucky Legs.
Lantz's main character at this time was Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, whose earlier cartoons had been produced by both Walt Disney and Charles Mintz.
* From Russia With Love ( 1963 ): the Irish assassin being modelled on both Red Grant and the leprechaun character from the Lucky Charms commercials ; Frau Frabissina partly modelled on Rosa Klebb ; Mustafa based on a character in Matt Helm's The Ambushers.
Having learned from Walt Disney's experiences with Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, they had carefully kept all rights to the Bosko character, and they took him with them.
* In the 2006 film Lucky Number Slevin, the character known only as " The Boss " ( played by Morgan Freeman ) refers to the Shmoo, recounting its original features as a source of plenty ( in a monologue taken from an old Li ' l Abner comic ).
The Heatter pilots were Malcolm, an NBC-ordered pilot featuring Trebek with an animated character as his co-host, and Lucky Numbers, an attempt at a revival of High Rollers that didn't sell.
Lucky Jim is dedicated to Larkin, who helped inspire the main character, and who also contributed significantly to the structure of the novel.
Prior to the series timeline, the character had done " National Service in the Signals Corps in a minor intelligence role " ( as revealed in the episode " Stay Lucky, Eh ?").
The character Teela Brown, who journeys to the Ringworld, is an outcome of this Lucky Human Project, though not quite the outcome the Puppeteers would have liked.
His most recent roles are Ryūki Shi in Saiunkoku Monogatari, and in Lucky Star as the recurring guest character, Meito Anizawa.
It was also the first novel to introduce her character, Lucky Santangelo, the " dangerously beautiful " daughter of a one-time gangster Gino Santangelo.
It features Bobby Santangelo Stanislopoulos ( son of Lucky Santangelo and Dimitri Stanislopoulos ) as a major character, and has cameo appearances by Lucky Santangelo, although Lucky does not feature as a major character in this novel.
Lucky and who
Since then, pop singers in the latter group have included KK, Baba Sehgal, Alisha Chinai, Shantanu Mukherjee aka Shaan, Sagarika, Colonial Cousins ( Hariharan, Leslie Lewis ), Lucky Ali, and Sonu Nigam, and music composers like Jawahar Wattal, who made top selling albums with, Daler Mehndi, Shubha Mudgal, Baba Sehgal, Swetha Shetty and Hans Raj Hans.
" A terrible cry " from the wings heralds the initial entrance of Lucky, who has a rope tied around his neck.
The rope is much shorter, and Lucky – who has acquired a new hat – leads Pozzo, rather than being driven by him.
Lucky, the shadow serves as the polar opposite of the egocentric Pozzo, prototype of prosperous mediocrity, who incessantly controls and persecutes his subordinate, thus symbolising the oppression of the unconscious shadow by the despotic ego.
Dewey, the District Attorney for Manhattan, had risen to national fame as the " Gangbuster " prosecutor who had sent numerous infamous Mafia figures to prison, most notably Lucky Luciano, the organized-crime boss of New York City.
* Payipwāt ( or Piapot: " who Knows the Secrets of the Sioux "), also known as " Hole in the Sioux " or Kisikawasan-‘ Flash in the Sky ’, Chief of the Cree-Assiniboine or the Young Dogs with great influence on neighboring Assiniboine, Downstream People, southern groups of the Upstream People and Saulteaux ( Plains Ojibwa ), born 1816, kidnapped as a child by the Sioux, he was freed about 1830 by Plains Cree, significant Shaman, most influential chief of the feared Young Dogs, convinced the Plains Cree to expand west in the Cypress Hills, the last refugee for bison groups, therefore disputed border area between Sioux, Assiniboine, Siksika Kainai and Cree, refused to participate in the raid on a Kainai camp near the present Lethbridge, Alberta, then the Young Dogs and their allies were content with the eastern Cypress Hills to the Milk River, Montana, does not participate at the negotiations on the Treaty 4 of 1874, he and Cheekuk, the most important chief of the Plains Ojibwa in the Qu ' Appelle area, signed on 9 September 1875 the treaty only as preliminary contract, tried with the chiefs of the River Cree Minahikosis (" Little Pine ") and Mistahi-maskwa (" Big Bear ") to erect a kind of Indian Territory for all the Plains Cree, Plains Ojibwa and Assiniboine-as Ottawa refused, he asked 1879-80 along with Kiwisünce ( cowessess-' Little Child ') and the Assiniboine for adjacent reserves in the Cypress Hills, Payipwāt settled in a reserve about 37 miles northeast of Fort Walsh, Minahikosis (" Little Pine ") and Papewes (‘ Lucky Man ’) asked successfully for reserves near the Assiniboine or Payipwāt-this allowed the Cree and Assiniboine to preserve their autonomy-because they went 1881 in Montana on bison hunting, stole Absarokee horses and alleged cattle killed, arrested the U. S. Army the Cree-Assiniboine group, disarmed and escorted them back to Canada-now unarmed, denied rations until the Cree and Assiniboine gave up their claims to the Cypress Hills and went north-in the following years the reserves changed several times and the tribes were trying repeated until to the Northwest Rebellion in 1885 to build an Indian Territory, Payipwāt remained under heavy guard, until his death he was a great spiritual leader, therefore Ottawa deposed Payipwāt on 15 April 1902 as chief, died in April 1908 on Piapot Reserve, Saskatchewan )
The story is also a growth process for Ojo ; he learns that luck is not a matter of who you are or what you have, but what you do ; he is renamed " Ojo the Lucky ," and so he appears in the following Oz books.
In the Lucky Luke comic book Sarah Bernhardt, which is set in the late 19th-century Wild West, President Rutherford B. Hayes ’ wife is portrayed as being one of many who strongly disapproves of the titular actress ' tour of the United States, given her reputation for loose morality.
Disney and lead animator Ub Iwerks created Oswald the Lucky Rabbit who debuted in Trolley Troubles in 1927.
Gambino was also the only mob boss of the Five Families who attended the burial of the longtime friend " Lucky " Luciano.
Meyer Lansky ( born Meyer Suchowljansky ; July 4, 1902 – January 15, 1983 ), known as the " Mob's Accountant ," was a Russian-born American organized crime figure who, along with his associate Charles " Lucky " Luciano, was instrumental in the development of the " National Crime Syndicate " in the United States.
The first to arrive was Lucky Luciano, who had been deported to Italy, and had to travel to Havana with a false passport.
He was assassinated by a younger faction led by Lucky Luciano, who established a power-sharing arrangement rather than a " boss of bosses " to prevent future wars.
* Charles " Lucky " Luciano – Founder of the National Crime Syndicate, who used Murder, Inc. as their enforcers
In February 2006, the now-NBC Universal ( who still owns the Lantz library ) sold the trademarks rights to Oswald the Lucky Rabbit along with the copyright to the original 26 cartoons produced Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks.
Hoppy Go Lucky ( 1952 ) was a parody of Of Mice and Men, with Sylvester accompanied by the giant, simple-minded cat " Bennie ," who wants a mouse " to hug and pet.
* Lucky – the one-lunged family cat who chain-smokes cigarettes and wears an uninterested, deadpan expression.
Reggae became quite popular and there was also a singer from KwaZulu-Natal, Sipho Johnson known as Jumbo who gave the likes of Lucky Dube quite a scare.
With this in mind, Peggy is openly critical of Luanne's choice to get involved with Lucky, who Peggy views as not being good enough for Luanne.
Performers who use acoustic 12-string guitars span a range of genres, from folk ( Arlo Guthrie, Keith Potger, John Denver, Gordon Lightfoot, Ben Woodward, Pete Seeger and Noel Paul Stookey ), through reggae ( Bob Marley ), traditional blues ( Lead Belly, Blind Willie McTell, and Guy Davis ), folk rock ( Paul Simon, Neil Young, Tim Buckley, Gerry Beckley, John Allan Cameron ) and country ( Pinmonkey's Michael Reynolds, Taylor Swift and Mike Nesmith ), to rock bands ( Mark Tremonti of Creed and Alter Bridge, Jimi Hendrix on " Hear My Train A-Comin ", Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin, Richie Sambora of Bon Jovi, Carl Wilson of The Beach Boys, George Harrison, John Lennon of The Beatles, Robert Smith of The Cure, David Bowie for his " Space Oddity " live performances, Pete Townshend of The Who, Roger Hodgson ( ex-Supertramp ), who used acoustic 12-string on " Give a Little Bit ", " Even in the Quietest Moments ", " C ' est le Bon " and " Know Who You Are "; Melissa Etheridge, Tom Petty and Mike Campbell of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Greg Lake on " Lucky Man " and " Still ... You Turn Me On ", Brian May of Queen, Andy Partridge and Dave Gregory of XTC, and Nick Valensi of The Strokes ).
While still a teenager, he married Judith Peters ( aka Miss Mercy of Frank Zappa's infamous all-girl group, The GTOs ), and together they had a son, Johnny III ( who goes by Lucky ).
* Hägar and Lucky Eddie strung up by their hands and legs to the wall of a dungeon, which is often visited by Mr. Giggles, who torments them with tickling.