[permalink] [id link]
* October 1992 – The Housing and Community Development Act of 1992 codifies within its language the Federal Housing Enterprises Financial Safety and Soundness Act of 1992 that creates the Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight, and mandates HUD to set goals for lower income and underserved housing areas for the GSEs Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
Some Related Sentences
October and 1992
Army of Darkness premiered on October 9, 1992 at the Sitges Film Festival, and was released in the United States on February 19, 1993.
This page discusses the Economy of Bosnia and Herzegovina since Bosnia and Herzegovina's declaration of sovereignty in October 1991 and the declaration of independence from the former Yugoslavia on 3 March 1992.
Bardot's other husbands were German millionaire playboy Gunter Sachs ( 14 July 1966 – 1 October 1969 ) and Bernard d ' Ormale ( 16 August 1992 – present ).
The murder of gay U. S. Navy petty officer Allen R. Schindler, Jr. on October 27, 1992, brought calls from advocates of allowing open service by gays and lesbians for prompt action from the incoming Clinton administration.
Finally, in October 1992, the Faroese national bank ( Sjóvinnurbankin ) called in receivers and were forced into asking Denmark for a broad financial bailout.
Version 0. 1 was first publicly released on 31 October 1992, and version 1. 0 followed in February 1993.
The re-imagining of the vampire continued with the release of Poppy Z. Brite's book Lost Souls in October 1992.
Continuing problems with performance and abuse eventually led to the rise of another major IRC network, Undernet, which split off in October 1992.
Resumption of Japan's multi-billion dollar investments to China and increased visits to China by Japanese officials, culminating in the October 1992 visit of Emperor Akihito, gave a clear indication that Japan considered closer ties with China in its economic and strategic interest.
* Joe Queenan, Imperial Caddy: The Rise of Dan Quayle in America and the Decline and Fall of Practically Everything Else, Hyperion Books ; October 1992 ( 1st edition ).
Kyrgyzstan attempted to assist in brokering an agreement between contesting Tajikistani forces in October 1992 but without success.
In October 1992, a staff writer of the UK publication Nintendo Magazine System said that Kid Icarus was " pretty good fun ", but did not " compare too well " to other platform games, owing in part to its " rather dated " graphics.
His first wife was Karin Katharina Müller ( 14 October 1945 — 13 November 1992 ), an Austrian film and television director and screenwriter, from 1963 until her death in 1992, aged 47, from cancer.
The Constitution of the Republic of Lithuania established these powers upon its approval on October 25, 1992.
In a referendum on October 25, 1992 — the first general vote of the people since their declared independence — 56. 75 % of the total number of voters supported the new constitution.
On October 30, 1992, Moldova ratified the Treaty on Conventional Armed Forces in Europe, which establishes comprehensive limits on key categories of conventional military equipment and provides for the destruction of weapons in excess of those limits.
On 4 October 1992, the Rome General Peace Accords, negotiated by the Community of Sant ' Egidio with the support of the United Nations, were signed in Rome between President Chissano and RENAMO leader Afonso Dhlakama, which formally took effect on the October 15, 1992.
* Fenton Bailey-" Fall From Grace: The Untold Story of Michael Milken ", Carol Publishing Corporation ( October 1992 ), ISBN 1-55972-135-9.
October and –
E. B. Tylor ( 2 October 1832 – 2 January 1917 ) and James George Frazer ( 1 January 1854 – 7 May 1941 ) are generally considered the antecedents to modern social anthropology in Britain.
Alfred Bernhard Nobel ( äl ' fred bern ' härd nōbel ') () ( 21 October 1833 – 10 December 1896 ) was a Swedish chemist, engineer, innovator, and armaments manufacturer.
Alfons Maria Jakob ( 2 July 1884, Aschaffenburg / Bavaria – 17 October 1931, Hamburg ) was a German neurologist with important contributions on neuropathology.
* 1998 – Travelers Group announces an agreement to undertake the $ 76 billion merger between Travelers and Citicorp, and the merger is completed on October 8, of that year, forming Citibank.
Alexander Mackenzie, PC ( January 28, 1822 – April 17, 1892 ), a building contractor and newspaper editor, was the second Prime Minister of Canada from November 7, 1873 to October 8, 1878.
" Histoire et Science Sociale: La Longue Durée " ( 1958 ) Annales E. S. C., 13: 4 October – December 1958, 725 – 753
The case was legally resolved on October 19, 1973 when U. S. District Judge Earl R. Larson held the ENIAC patent invalid, ruling that the ENIAC derived many basic ideas from the Atanasoff – Berry Computer.
* 1940 – An Italian submarine torpedoes and sinks the Greek cruiser Elli at Tinos harbor during peacetime, marking the most serious Italian provocation prior to the outbreak of the Greco-Italian War in October.
# Siegfried ( died 24 October 1184 ), Bishop of Brandenburg from 1173 – 1180, Prince-Archbishop of Bremen, the first ranked prince, from 1180 – 1184
The city and its fortified sourroundings were encircled 13 September – 16 October 1944 by the US 1st Infantry Division and 3rd Armored Division in conjunction with the US 2nd Armored Division and 30th Infantry Division during the prolonged Battle of Aachen, later reinforced by US 28th Infantry Division elements.
Vipsania Agrippina or most commonly known as Agrippina Major or Agrippina the Elder ( Major Latin for the elder, Classical Latin:, 14 BC – 17 October 33 ) was a distinguished and prominent Roman woman of the first century AD.
Transmission, Gregory Chaitin also presents this theorem in J. ACM – Chaitin's paper was submitted October 1966 and revised in December 1968, and cites both Solomonoff's and Kolmogorov's papers.
* María de las Mercedes, Princess of Asturias, ( 11 September 1880 – 17 October 1904 ), married on 14 February 1901 to Prince Carlos of Bourbon-Two Sicilies, and titular heiress from the death of her father until the posthumous birth of her brother
* Alfonso Sanz y Martínez de Arizala ( 28 January 1880, Madrid – 1970 ), married in 1922 to María de Guadalupe de Limantour y Mariscal ( d. 1977, Marbella ), daughter of Julio de Limantour y Marquet ( 17 June 1863, Mexico City – 11 October 1909, Mexico City ) and wife Elena Mariscal y ..., paternal granddaughter of French Joseph Yves de Limantour y Rence de la Pagame ( 1812, Ploemeur – 1885, Mexico City ) and wife Adèle Marquet y Cabannes ( 1820, Bordeaux –?