[permalink] [id link]
* October 22 – Ghiyasu'd-Din Naqqah, an envoy of the embassy sent by the Timurid ruler of Persia, Mirza Shahrukh ( r. 1404 – 1447 ), to the Ming Dynasty of China during the reign of the Yongle Emperor ( r. 1402 – 1424 ), records his sight and travel over a large floating pontoon bridge at Lanzhou ( constructed earlier in 1372 ) as he crosses the Yellow River on this day.
Some Related Sentences
October and 22
* Daniel Boone ( November 2, 1734 October 22 – September 26, 1820 ) was an American pioneer, explorer, and frontiersman whose frontier exploits made him one of the first folk heroes of the United States.
After the " Great Disappointment " of October 22, 1844 many people in the movement gave up on Adventism.
Of those remaining Adventist, the majority gave up believing in any prophetic ( biblical ) significance for the October 22 date, yet they remained expectant of the near Advent ( second coming of Jesus ).
Of those who retained the October 22 date, many maintained that Jesus had come not literally but " spiritually ", and consequently were known as " spiritualizers ".
A small minority held that something concrete had indeed happened on October 22, but this event had been misinterpreted.
The sloops Robert of Philadelphia and Good Intent of Dublin were stopped on 22 October 1717, and their cargo holds emptied.
Caymanian dollars per US dollar-0. 82 ( 29 October 2001 ), 0. 83 ( 3 November 1995 ), 0. 85 ( 22 November 1993 )
Following a constitutional referendum of July 2000, the president of the CNSP decided to run for president, and indeed declared himself president after the elections of 22 October 2000.
On October 22, 2008, the soccer team snapped a 201-game losing streak with a last-second goal against Cal Lutheran University, 1 – 0.
Charles Martel () ( 23 August 686 – 22 October 741 ), also known as Charles the Hammer, was a Frankish military and political leader, who served as Mayor of the Palace under the Merovingian kings and ruled de facto during an interregnum ( 737 – 43 ) at the end of his life, using the title Duke and Prince of the Franks.
Five days later on October 22, California-based ticket vendor Paciolan, Inc., the sole contractor authorized by the Colorado Rockies to distribute tickets, was forced to suspend sales after less than an hour due to an overwhelming number of attempts to purchase tickets.
At 6: 30 pm EDT, Kennedy convened a meeting of the nine members of the National Security Council and five other key advisers, in a group he formally named the Executive Committee of the National Security Council ( EXCOMM ) after the fact on October 22 by the National Security Action Memorandum 196.
At 3: 00 pm EDT on October 22, President Kennedy formally established the Executive Committee ( EXCOMM ) with National Security Action Memorandum ( NSAM ) 196.
On October 22 at 7: 00 pm EDT, President Kennedy delivered a nation-wide televised address on all of the major networks announcing the discovery of the missiles.
On 22 October, the Committee became the Democratic Government of Albania after a meeting in Berat and Hoxha was chosen as interim Prime Minister.
An Soviet calendar page for 22 October 1935 including the Esperanto oktobro among other translations.
( 22 January 826 – 7 October 858 ) was the 55th emperor of Japan, according to the traditional order of succession.
October and –
E. B. Tylor ( 2 October 1832 – 2 January 1917 ) and James George Frazer ( 1 January 1854 – 7 May 1941 ) are generally considered the antecedents to modern social anthropology in Britain.
Alfred Bernhard Nobel ( äl ' fred bern ' härd nōbel ') () ( 21 October 1833 – 10 December 1896 ) was a Swedish chemist, engineer, innovator, and armaments manufacturer.
Alfons Maria Jakob ( 2 July 1884, Aschaffenburg / Bavaria – 17 October 1931, Hamburg ) was a German neurologist with important contributions on neuropathology.
* 1998 – Travelers Group announces an agreement to undertake the $ 76 billion merger between Travelers and Citicorp, and the merger is completed on October 8, of that year, forming Citibank.
Alexander Mackenzie, PC ( January 28, 1822 – April 17, 1892 ), a building contractor and newspaper editor, was the second Prime Minister of Canada from November 7, 1873 to October 8, 1878.
" Histoire et Science Sociale: La Longue Durée " ( 1958 ) Annales E. S. C., 13: 4 October – December 1958, 725 – 753
The case was legally resolved on October 19, 1973 when U. S. District Judge Earl R. Larson held the ENIAC patent invalid, ruling that the ENIAC derived many basic ideas from the Atanasoff – Berry Computer.
* 1940 – An Italian submarine torpedoes and sinks the Greek cruiser Elli at Tinos harbor during peacetime, marking the most serious Italian provocation prior to the outbreak of the Greco-Italian War in October.
# Siegfried ( died 24 October 1184 ), Bishop of Brandenburg from 1173 – 1180, Prince-Archbishop of Bremen, the first ranked prince, from 1180 – 1184
The city and its fortified sourroundings were encircled 13 September – 16 October 1944 by the US 1st Infantry Division and 3rd Armored Division in conjunction with the US 2nd Armored Division and 30th Infantry Division during the prolonged Battle of Aachen, later reinforced by US 28th Infantry Division elements.
Vipsania Agrippina or most commonly known as Agrippina Major or Agrippina the Elder ( Major Latin for the elder, Classical Latin:, 14 BC – 17 October 33 ) was a distinguished and prominent Roman woman of the first century AD.
Transmission, Gregory Chaitin also presents this theorem in J. ACM – Chaitin's paper was submitted October 1966 and revised in December 1968, and cites both Solomonoff's and Kolmogorov's papers.
* María de las Mercedes, Princess of Asturias, ( 11 September 1880 – 17 October 1904 ), married on 14 February 1901 to Prince Carlos of Bourbon-Two Sicilies, and titular heiress from the death of her father until the posthumous birth of her brother
* Alfonso Sanz y Martínez de Arizala ( 28 January 1880, Madrid – 1970 ), married in 1922 to María de Guadalupe de Limantour y Mariscal ( d. 1977, Marbella ), daughter of Julio de Limantour y Marquet ( 17 June 1863, Mexico City – 11 October 1909, Mexico City ) and wife Elena Mariscal y ..., paternal granddaughter of French Joseph Yves de Limantour y Rence de la Pagame ( 1812, Ploemeur – 1885, Mexico City ) and wife Adèle Marquet y Cabannes ( 1820, Bordeaux –?