[permalink] [id link]
* October 28 – Max Müller, German philologist and Orientalist ( b. 1823 )
Some Related Sentences
October and 28
Alexander Mackenzie, PC ( January 28, 1822 – April 17, 1892 ), a building contractor and newspaper editor, was the second Prime Minister of Canada from November 7, 1873 to October 8, 1878.
* Alfonso Sanz y Martínez de Arizala ( 28 January 1880, Madrid – 1970 ), married in 1922 to María de Guadalupe de Limantour y Mariscal ( d. 1977, Marbella ), daughter of Julio de Limantour y Marquet ( 17 June 1863, Mexico City – 11 October 1909, Mexico City ) and wife Elena Mariscal y ..., paternal granddaughter of French Joseph Yves de Limantour y Rence de la Pagame ( 1812, Ploemeur – 1885, Mexico City ) and wife Adèle Marquet y Cabannes ( 1820, Bordeaux –?
* Statue of Liberty The Statue of Liberty is a colossal neoclassical sculpture on Liberty Island in New York Harbor, designed by Frédéric Bartholdi and dedicated on October 28, 1886.
By October he had taken a prospective hijacker Mushabib al-Hamlan from Afghanistan to Saudi Arabia where they both procured B-1 / B-2 tourist / business visas on October 28 – but Hamlan then decided not to proceed and is thought to have returned to his family.
As the February 28, 2008 deadline to approve or reject CAFTA loomed, Arias decided to call for the referendum himself, and it took take place on October 7, 2007.
The known history of Cuba predates Christopher Columbus ' landing on the island during his first voyage of discovery on 28 October 1492.
The first sighting of a Spanish boat approaching the island was on 28 October 1492, probably at Baracoa on the eastern point of the island.
* Bell Canada usage-based billing: On October 28, 2010, the CRTC handed down its final decision on how wholesale customers can be billed by large network owners.
The last horsed regiment of the Indian Army ( other than the Viceregal Bodyguard and some Indian States Forces regiments ) was the 19th King George's Own Lancers which had its last mounted parade at Rawalpindi on 28 October 1939.
The confrontation ended on October 28, 1962, when President John F. Kennedy and United Nations Secretary-General U Thant reached a public and secret agreement with Khrushchev.
In 2011, British Prime Minister David Cameron informed the British House of Commons that his proposals to reform the rules governing royal succession, a change which would require the approval of all Commonwealth realms, were to be discussed at the 28 – 30 October CHOGM in Perth.
The residue from the distillation of high-temperature coal tar, primarily a complex mixture of three or more membered condensed ring aromatic hydrocarbons, was listed on 28 October 2008 as a substance of very high concern by the European Chemicals Agency.
Dwight David " Ike " Eisenhower ( pronounced, ; October 14, 1890 – March 28, 1969 ) was the 34th President of the United States from 1953 until 1961.
On October 28, 1926, the trustees affirmed the charter's reservation of the seal for official corporate documents alone.
On October 28, 2009 the agency broke ground on a new facility in Arlington, Virginia a few miles from the Pentagon.
Edward Vincent " Ed " Sullivan ( September 28, 1901 – October 13, 1974 ) was an American entertainment writer and television host, best known as the presenter of the TV variety show The Ed Sullivan Show.
October and –
E. B. Tylor ( 2 October 1832 – 2 January 1917 ) and James George Frazer ( 1 January 1854 – 7 May 1941 ) are generally considered the antecedents to modern social anthropology in Britain.
Alfred Bernhard Nobel ( äl ' fred bern ' härd nōbel ') () ( 21 October 1833 – 10 December 1896 ) was a Swedish chemist, engineer, innovator, and armaments manufacturer.
Alfons Maria Jakob ( 2 July 1884, Aschaffenburg / Bavaria – 17 October 1931, Hamburg ) was a German neurologist with important contributions on neuropathology.
* 1998 – Travelers Group announces an agreement to undertake the $ 76 billion merger between Travelers and Citicorp, and the merger is completed on October 8, of that year, forming Citibank.
" Histoire et Science Sociale: La Longue Durée " ( 1958 ) Annales E. S. C., 13: 4 October – December 1958, 725 – 753
The case was legally resolved on October 19, 1973 when U. S. District Judge Earl R. Larson held the ENIAC patent invalid, ruling that the ENIAC derived many basic ideas from the Atanasoff – Berry Computer.
* 1940 – An Italian submarine torpedoes and sinks the Greek cruiser Elli at Tinos harbor during peacetime, marking the most serious Italian provocation prior to the outbreak of the Greco-Italian War in October.
# Siegfried ( died 24 October 1184 ), Bishop of Brandenburg from 1173 – 1180, Prince-Archbishop of Bremen, the first ranked prince, from 1180 – 1184
The city and its fortified sourroundings were encircled 13 September – 16 October 1944 by the US 1st Infantry Division and 3rd Armored Division in conjunction with the US 2nd Armored Division and 30th Infantry Division during the prolonged Battle of Aachen, later reinforced by US 28th Infantry Division elements.
Vipsania Agrippina or most commonly known as Agrippina Major or Agrippina the Elder ( Major Latin for the elder, Classical Latin:, 14 BC – 17 October 33 ) was a distinguished and prominent Roman woman of the first century AD.
Transmission, Gregory Chaitin also presents this theorem in J. ACM – Chaitin's paper was submitted October 1966 and revised in December 1968, and cites both Solomonoff's and Kolmogorov's papers.
* María de las Mercedes, Princess of Asturias, ( 11 September 1880 – 17 October 1904 ), married on 14 February 1901 to Prince Carlos of Bourbon-Two Sicilies, and titular heiress from the death of her father until the posthumous birth of her brother