[permalink] [id link]
* Poetry Archive profile and poems written and audio
Some Related Sentences
Poetry and Archive
* The First World War Poetry Digital Archive ( an online repository of over 4000 items of text, images, audio, and video for teaching, learning, and research.
* The Vera Brittain Collection in The First World War Poetry Digital Archive by Oxford University contains images of Brittain's War poetry manuscripts, letters, diary, plus a searchable text corpora.
He has been the recipient of fellowships from the Guggenheim Foundation, the New York Foundation for the Arts, and the National Endowment for the Arts, and of the Roy Harvey Pearce / Archive for New Poetry Prize of the University of California, San Diego.
Poetry and profile
It also hosts a high profile annual event under the banner Poetry and All That Jazz which included performances by Don Paterson in 2010, Sam Willetts in 2011 and David Harsent in 2012.
* Griffin Poetry Prize Lifetime Recognition Award profile ( including audio and video of tribute and acceptance speech )
His daughter Charlotte Brooke was herself an important figure in the history of Irish literature, publishing Reliques of Irish Poetry ( 1789 ) and working to increase the profile of Irish language poetry.
Poetry and poems
* Smithsonian Global Sound: The Music of Poetry — audio samples of poems, hymns and songs in ballad meter.
*** The Classic of Poetry is made up of 305 poems divided into 160 folk songs, 74 minor festal songs, traditionally sung at court festivities, 31 major festal songs, sung at more solemn court ceremonies, and 40 hymns and eulogies, sung at sacrifices to gods and ancestral spirits of the royal house.
Nash was regarded respectfully by the literary establishment, and his poems were frequently anthologized even in serious collections such as Selden Rodman's 1946 A New Anthology of Modern Poetry.
It was during this period that he started writing poetry, and, in 1885, Yeats ' first poems, as well as an essay entitled " The Poetry of Sir Samuel Ferguson ", were published in the Dublin University Review.
It was first published in the August 1913 issue of Poetry: A Magazine of Verse which had begun publishing the year before in Chicago, Illinois and was included as the title poem in a collection of poems Trees and Other Poems ( 1914 ).
* Canadian Poetry Online: bill bissett-biography and 9 poems ( a violent prson, they cut back sew much on th backs uv th poor, it usd 2 b, pavlovs dog 1, creem style garish, th kaptin sd he was mercurial, th breth heart uv th world, th futur uv salmon is us, hopra return 2 merlinonda amethyst voices )
* Canadian Poetry Online: Milton Acorn-Biography and 6 poems ( The Island, I Shout Love, What I Know of God is This, Hummingbird, Live With Me On Earth Under the Invisible Daylight Moon, The Natural History of Elephants )
However, as Richard Harrier's The Canon of Sir Thomas Wyatt's Poetry ( 1975 ) shows, the problem of determining which poems aren't Wyatt's is much simpler.
Aldington's poems, Choricos, To a Greek Marble, and Au Vieux Jardin, were in the November issue of Poetry, and H. D.
* Selected Poetry of Charles Hamilton Sorley-Biography and 5 poems ( All the Hills and Vales Along, Barbury Camp, Expectans Expectavi, The Song of the Ungirt Runners, To Germany, When You See Millions of the Mouthless Dead )
Poetry became a mass cultural phenomenon: Yevgeny Yevtushenko, Andrei Voznesensky, Robert Rozhdestvensky and Bella Akhmadulina read their poems in stadiums and attracted huge crowds.
Mensa also has published a number of books, including Poetry Mensa ( 1966 ), an anthology of poems by Mensans from all over the world, in which languages other than English are represented.
# The Classic of Poetry, a collection of poems, folk songs, festival and ceremonial songs, and hymns and eulogies.