[permalink] [id link]
* Pseudocompact: Every real-valued continuous function on the space is bounded.
Some Related Sentences
Every and real-valued
Every special uniformly continuous real-valued function defined on the metric space is uniformly approximable by means of Lipschitz functions.
Every and continuous
* Every continuous functor on a small-complete category which satisfies the appropriate solution set condition has a left-adjoint ( the Freyd adjoint functor theorem ).
Every character is automatically continuous from A to C, since the kernel of a character is a maximal ideal, which is closed.
* Every continuous map from a compact space to a Hausdorff space is closed and proper ( i. e., the pre-image of a compact set is compact.
Every contraction mapping is Lipschitz continuous and hence uniformly continuous ( for a Lipschitz continuous function, the constant k is no longer necessarily less than 1 ).
Every continuous map f: X → Y induces an algebra homomorphism C ( f ): C ( Y ) → C ( X ) by the rule C ( f )( φ ) = φ o f for every φ in C ( Y ).
* Every separable metric space is isometric to a subset of C (), the separable Banach space of continuous functions → R, with the supremum norm.
Every topological group can be viewed as a uniform space in two ways ; the left uniformity turns all left multiplications into uniformly continuous maps while the right uniformity turns all right multiplications into uniformly continuous maps.
Every continuous function in the function space can be represented as a linear combination of basis functions, just as every vector in a vector space can be represented as a linear combination of basis vectors.
Every map that is injective, continuous and either open or closed is an embedding ; however there are also embeddings which are neither open nor closed.
* Every compact Hausdorff space of weight at most ( see Aleph number ) is the continuous image of ( this does not need the continuum hypothesis, but is less interesting in its absence ).
Every place south of the Antarctic Circle experiences a period of twenty-four hours ' continuous daylight at least once per year, and a period of twenty-four hours ' continuous night time at least once per year.
Every and function
Every such subset has a smallest element, so to specify our choice function we can simply say that it maps each set to the least element of that set.
Every effectively calculable function ( effectively decidable predicate ) is general recursive italics
Every bijective function g has an inverse g < sup >− 1 </ sup >, such that gg < sup >− 1 </ sup > = I ;
Every entire function can be represented as a power series that converges uniformly on compact sets.
Every holomorphic function can be separated into its real and imaginary parts, and each of these is a solution of Laplace's equation on R < sup > 2 </ sup >.
Every completely multiplicative function is a homomorphism of monoids and is completely determined by its restriction to the prime numbers.
Every time another object or customer enters the line to wait, they join the end of the line and represent the “ enqueue ” function.
Every type that is a member of the type class defines a function that will extract the data from the string representation of the dumped data.
Every output of an encoder can be described by its own transfer function, which is closely related to the generator polynomial.
Every and on
Every day, when the President took his nap, Rob Roy would stretch out on the window seat near him, like a perfect gentleman, and stare thoughtfully out the window, or he would take a little nap himself.
Every man who dabbles in the market to make a little easy money on the side and suffers losses could at the time hardly face his wife who was wondering how her husband could be so dumb.
Every few minutes she would awaken for a moment to review things: Stowey, yes, was on his way south, and the two boys were away in school, and nothing was burning on the stove, and Lucretia was coming for dinner and bringing three guests of hers.
Every night they all went to Mama and Papa Albright's, and sat on the open front porch, where they could get the breeze.
Every few days, in the early morning, as the work progressed, twenty men would appear to push it ahead and to shift the plank foundation that distributed its weight widely on the Rotunda pavement, supported as it is by ancient brick vaulting.
Every night when he wanted a drink of water, didn't he practice being fearless by not turning on the bathroom light??
Every single instance of altruistic behavior need not always increase inclusive fitness ; altruistic behaviors would have been selected for if such behaviors on average increased inclusive fitness in the ancestral environment.
Every year, on the last Sunday in April, there is an ice fishing competition in the frozen estuarine waters of the Anadyr River's mouth.
Every actor who has opened in the role of Pseudolus on Broadway ( Zero Mostel, Phil Silvers and Nathan Lane ) won a Best Actor Tony Award for their performance.
* Revised Code of Washington 9. 12. 010: " Every person who brings on his or her own behalf, or instigates, incites, or encourages another to bring, any false suit at law or in equity in any court of this state, with intent thereby to distress or harass a defendant in the suit, or who serves or sends any paper or document purporting to be or resembling a judicial process, that is not in fact a judicial process, is guilty of a misdemeanor ; and in case the person offending is an attorney, he or she may, in addition thereto be disbarred from practicing law within this state.
Every year, the European Joint Conferences on Theory and Practice of Software ( ETAPS ) sponsors the International Conference on Compiler Construction ( CC ), with papers from both the academic and industrial sectors.
Every Halloween, Dabney House conducts the infamous " Millikan pumpkin-drop experiment " from the top of Millikan Library, the highest point on campus.
Every person should be identified uniquely as resident in one place but where they happen to be on census day, their de facto residence, may not be the best place to count them.