[permalink] [id link]
* Ships in the Night: And Other Stories ( 2003 )-Collection of Sci-fi, Western etc.
Some Related Sentences
Ships and Night
Madrid, Aug. 28. Letters from Lisbon bring the following Account from Rio Janeiro: That the St. Augustine, of 70 Guns, having being separated from the Squadron of M. Casa Tilly, was attacked by two Portugueze Ships, against which they defended themselves for a Day and a Night, but being next Day surrounded by the Portugueze Fleet, was obliged to surrender.
* International UPC Science Fiction Award winner ( 1993 ): " Ships in the Night " ( first English language winner )
They released four singles from this album: " Oh, What a Night ", " Sunday Lover ", " This Time " and " When the Ships Arrive ".
He is best known for being the inventor of a packet-switched, " Ships in the Night ," multiple-protocol router in 1981, during his 20 year tenure at Stanford's Knowledge Systems Laboratory.
Special Agent Borin appeared again in January 2011, in the episode, " Ships in the Night ," as CGIS joins the NCIS team in the investigation of the murder of a U. S. Marine Corps officer on a dinner boat cruise on the Potomac River.
Major annual events in the academy calendar include the Performing Arts Festival, Staff vs Dads ' Soccer Match, Christmas Carol Service, Senior Citizens ' Party, Fashion Show, Careers Fair, Principal's Race Night, ESF Olympics, School Production, ESF Business Game, Year 8 Residential Week at Stainsacre, Year 9 Paris Trip, Year 6 Transition Week, Art & Textiles Exhibition, Tall Ships Challenge, Year 11 Principal's Dinner, Year 13 Leavers ' Dinner, Sports Day, Sports Review Dinner and Prizegiving.
Ships and And
* Merchant Ships Convert Into War Raiders, Paint And False Structures Provide Disguises September 1941 article details how Merchant Raiders operate in wartime
Ships and Other
Other notable bands that demonstrate a fusion of post-hardcore or metalcore with electronic music include Abandon All Ships, Attack Attack !, Asking Alexandria, Enter Shikari, and Sky Eats Airplane.
* D Notice 1: Capabilities of the Australian Defence Force, Including Aircraft, Ships, Weapons, and Other Equipment ;
During the early 1930s he wrote his autobiography, Titanic and Other Ships, which he dedicated to his " persistent wife, who made me do it.
His books include Wandering Sketches of People and Things in South America, Polynesia, California, and Other Places Visited During a Cruise Aboard the U. S. Ships Levant, Portsmouth, and Savannah, A Shoulder to the Wheel of Progress, and Fankwei: or The San Jacinto in the Seas of India, China, and Japan.
Ships and Stories
* Ghost Ships: True Stories of Nautical Nightmares, Hauntings, and Disasters ( 2000 ), Richard Winer ( ISBN 0425175480 )
Ships and 2003
** James Frost, Merchant Princes, Halifax's First Family of Finance, Ships and Steel, 2003, James Lorimer and Company.
On 20 March 2003, HMA Ships Kanimbla, Anzac and Darwin participated in the combat phase of the 2003 Iraq War, codenamed Operation Falconer.
She was followed in 2003 by the somewhat larger Red Jet 4, a new building by North West Bay Ships of Tasmania.
In 2003 BAE Systems Marine was split into separate submarine and surface ship units ; BAE Systems Submarines and BAE Systems Naval Ships.
In 2003 the YSL and Govan shipyards were placed under the control of a new unit of BAE, BAE Systems Naval Ships.
Ships and Western
The psychological shock of the Western " Black Ships " and the subsequent collapse of the shogunate convinced many that the nation needed to unify in order to resist being colonized by outside forces.
Three masted ships at one time were called the Great Ships, and marked transition in European seafaring from shallow coastal waters of the Age of Navigation confined primarily to the European shores and those of North Africa, via the Age of Discovery of other continents in relative proximity of Western Europe, to the " deep sea " oceanic sailing of the Age of Sail.
The Black Ships ( in Japanese, 黒船, kurofune, Edo Period term ) was the name given to Western vessels arriving in Japan in the 16th and 19th centuries.
* December 21 – The first aircraft carrier designed as such to be launched in France, Clemenceau, is launched by the Brest Arsenal at Brest .< ref > Gardiner, Robert, Conways All the Worlds Fighting Ships 1947-1982, Part One: The Western Powers, < Annapolis, Maryland: Naval Institute Press, 1983, ISBN 0-87021-418-7, p. 28 .</ ref >
* The Black Ships, the name given to Western vessels arriving in Japan between the 15th and 19th centuries
The policy was enacted by the Tokugawa shogunate under Tokugawa Iemitsu through a number of edicts and policies from 1633 – 39 and remained in effect until 1853 with the arrival of the Black Ships of Commodore Matthew Perry and the forcible opening of Japan to Western trade.
After the City of Rochester built a marine passenger terminal, CATS ordered a high-speed catamaran vessel from Austal Ships in Perth, Western Australia, based on a modified version of the Auto-Express 86 model.