[permalink] [id link]
* Space Shuttle-News and features about NASA research, aimed at the general public.
Some Related Sentences
Space and features
Tidbinbilla is a locality to the south-west of Canberra that features the Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve and the Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex, operated by the United States ' National Aeronautics and Space Administration ( NASA ) as part of its Deep Space Network.
* 1975 – Space Race: Apollo – Soyuz Test Project features the dual launch of an Apollo spacecraft and a Soyuz spacecraft on the first joint Soviet-United States human-crewed flight.
The first book of Lewis's Space Trilogy, a rare example of theological science fiction, it features a philologist named Ransom who arrives by accident on Mars ( called Malacandra by the natives ).
* The role-playing game Space: 1889 ( 1988 ) features an alternate history in which a heroic Mars, complete with natives, is being colonized by the European empires of the 19th century.
Although never seen, dialogue in Deep Space Nine indicates the existence of portable transporters, though the Next Generation episode " Timescape " features emergency transporter armbands ( although these may have served only to activate a remote transporter ).
Observations with Hubble Space Telescope and large terrestrial telescopes found water ice absorption features in the spectrum of Puck.
Nimoy is also a frequent and popular reader for " Selected Shorts ", an ongoing series of programs at Symphony Space in New York City ( that also tours around the country ) which features actors, and sometimes authors, reading works of short fiction.
Star One's album Space Metal features a song called " Intergalactic Space Crusaders " based on the series.
* Rhythm Thief & the Emperor ’ s Treasure ( 3DS )-The game features a Space Channel 5 stage, where Raphael dances against his impersonator.
This sequence of Hubble Space Telescope images shows features in the inner Crab Nebula changing over a period of four months.
GTA: San Andreas features several arcade-like games, including ' Invaders from Uranus ' ( A Space Invaders parody ).
He also appeared in an episode of another Cartoon Network show, Space Ghost: Coast to Coast, which features a character named Moltar who has an obsession with Estrada and CHiPS, as a guest.
* The Doctor Who serial Frontier in Space features a lunar penal colony in the 26th century ; a lunar penal colony of the 2002nd century is also mentioned in the episode " Bad Wolf ",
The site also features Kingston University Students ' Union ( KUSU ), which is next door to Penrhyn Road's Student Union bar, The Space Bar.
In addition, the Hubble Space Telescope has gleaned some information about the surface features of 8405 Asbolus.
* The 1974 Japanese TV series Space Battleship Yamato ( Star Blazers in English syndication ) features a " resort room " which allowed the crew to combat homesickness by immersing themselves in simulated scenes of Earth.
Owen Williams, writing for Empire magazine, opines that Star Trek as a whole has been slow to adapt and develop to new trends, while singling out Deep Space Nine for special mention: "... arguably even the ace DS9 only got good in response to Babylon 5 ..." Adam Smith, chief features writer for Empire commented in a 2009 article that, " It's hard to choose the best episodes of DS9 without mentioning the stories involving the Dominion War.
The series features Buzz Lightyear, a famous, experienced Space Ranger that takes a crew of rookies under his wing as he investigates criminal activity across the galaxy, and attempts to bring down Evil Emperor Zurg once and for all.
Other features included Trivia, Test Yourself, Jokes and " Miss Adventure ", " The Gayest American Hero ", who has penetrated the mob, gone to Hollywood, and fought DRAG-U-LA traveling from the depths of the Earth's center to Outer Space.
The animated sci-fi series Once Upon a Time ... Space features an android with a positronic brain, Métro.
Space and about
For instance, David Hume famously regarded Space and Time as nothing more than psychological facts about human beings, which would effectively reduce Space and Time to ideas, which are properties of humans ( substances ).
At a meeting of the Royal Astronomical Society in Britain, a team from University of Queensland described 40 unknown " dwarf " galaxies in this constellation ; follow-up observations with the Hubble Space Telescope and the European Southern Observatory's Very Large Telescope revealed that ultra compact dwarfs are much smaller than previously known dwarf galaxies, about across.
Anti-capitalist art group the Space Hijackers, for example, did a piece in 2004 about the contradiction between the capitalistic elements of Banksy and his use of political imagery.
Project manager Stephen Merkowitz talks about his work with NASA's Space Geodesy Project, including a brief overview of the four fundamental techniques of space geodesy: GPS, VLBI, SLR, and DORIS.
* A Sign in Space — The idea that the galaxy slowly revolves becomes a story about a being who is desperate to leave behind some unique sign of his existence.
Space probes have been placed into orbit around all the five planets known to the ancients: first Mars ( Mariner 9, 1971 ), then Venus ( Venera 9, 1975 ; but landings on Venus and atmospheric probes were performed even earlier ), Jupiter ( Galileo, 1995 ), Saturn ( Cassini / Huygens, 2004 ), and most recently Mercury ( MESSENGER, March 2011 ), and have returned data about these bodies and their natural satellites.
* Thrintun: An ancient species that ruled a large empire, including the region of Known Space, through telepathic mind control about 1. 5 billion years ago.
This programme came about when Russia agreed to transport one Malaysian to the International Space Station as part of a multi-billion dollar purchase of 18 Russian Sukhoi Su-30MKM fighter jets by the Royal Malaysian Air Force.
After showing the positive results to the Johnson Space Center, the NASA administration still held several reservations about the plan.
This image spans about two light-years and was taken by the orbiting Hubble Space Telescope in 1999.
* Space Odyssey: Voyage To The Planets ( 2004 ) – A documentary style series about a scientific voyage by the crew of the interplanetary ship Pegasus.
* Smithsonian's Air & Space Magazine: " The Notorious Flight of Mathias Rust " Comprehensive article about the flight and the political aftermath in Gorbachev's USSR ( 1 July 2005 )
* 20th Space Control Squadron, Det 1-Air Force Fact sheet about the Alternate Space Control Center and the AN / FPS-133 surveillance fence radar
Throughout the four parts (" No Space ", " No Choice ", " No Jobs ", and " No Logo "), Klein writes about issues such as sweatshops in the Americas and Asia, culture jamming, corporate censorship, and Reclaim the Streets.
He was appreciated for a number of essay books ( primarily about science ) and for a number of science fiction novels like Rymdväktaren, or " The Space Guardian " and Nyaga.
* Black Holes: Gravity's Relentless Pull Award-winning interactive multimedia Web site about the physics and astronomy of black holes from the Space Telescope Science Institute
Given the initial energy of 20 TJ, the Space Shuttle is about 16 % energy efficient at launching the orbiter.
" Known Space " ( also the commonly used title for Larry Niven's future history science fiction series ) is about 80 light years in diameter with 10, 000 stars, including Human Space ( 40 light years diameter, 524 stars in 357 systems, 30 billion humans, ⅔ on Earth ), as well as neighbouring Alien civilisations.
In the Voyager episode, " Non Sequitur ," Tom Paris ' alternate self ( in the parallel dimension ) relates to Harry Kim a story about how, during a stop at Deep Space Nine, he got in a bar fight with a Ferengi and was thrown in the brig by " a very unpleasant shapeshifter ", obviously referring to Odo.
The planet's climate is warmer than that preferred by several species — human and Bajoran characters, among others, make comments throughout Star Trek: Deep Space Nine's run about Cardassians ' preference for heat, while characters like Elim Garak complain about the uncomfortably cool temperatures preferred by non-Cardassians.