[permalink] [id link]
* Vermillion – Flattening Mountains and Creating Empires ( 2002 )
Some Related Sentences
Vermillion and –
* 1997 Richard Wagner: Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg – Karita Mattila, Iris Vermillion, Ben Heppner, Herbert Lippert, Alan Opie, René Pape, & José van Dam, principal soloists ; Sir Georg Solti, conductor ; Michael Woolcock, producer ( London )
* Mary Vermillion, " Clarissa and the Marriage Act ," Eighteenth-Century Fiction 10 ( 1997 ): 395 – 412.
– and Mountains
* 1842 – The Webster – Ashburton Treaty is signed, establishing the Canada – United States border east of the Rocky Mountains.
Shu-Durul ( 2168 – 2154 BC ) appears to have restored some order, however he was unable to prevent the empire eventually collapsing outright from the invasion of barbarian peoples from the Zagros Mountains known as the Gutians.
In the region of the Aïr Mountains in Niger we have the development of independent copper smelting between 3000 – 2500 BC.
It was during the period of Crusader rule in Syria ( 1099 – 1291 ) that the Druze first emerged into the full light of history in the Gharb region of the Chouf Mountains.
These rivers rise in the foothills of the Taurus Mountains along the Syro – Turkish border and add comparatively little water to the Euphrates.
Sharp also worked in America, recording the traditional songs of the Appalachian Mountains in 1916 – 1918 in collaboration with Maud Karpeles and Olive Dame Campbell and is considered the first major scholar covering American folk music.
The eastern Mediterranean seaboard – the Levant – stretches 400 miles north to south from the Taurus Mountains to the Sinai desert, and 70 to 100 miles east to west between the sea and the Arabian desert.
The prehistoric Beifudi site near Yixian in Hebei Province, China, contains relics of a culture contemporaneous with the Cishan and Xinglongwa cultures of about 7000 – 8000 BC, neolithic cultures east of the Taihang Mountains, filling in an archaeological gap between the two Northern Chinese cultures.
* 1887 – The Rocky Mountains Park Act becomes law in Canada creating the nation's first national park, Banff National Park.
* 1744 – The Treaty of Lancaster, in which the Iroquois ceded lands between the Allegheny Mountains and the Ohio River to the British colonies, is signed in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
* 1846 – The Oregon Treaty establishes the 49th parallel as the border between the United States and Canada, from the Rocky Mountains to the Strait of Juan de Fuca.
The history of Kazakhstan describes the human past in the Eurasia's largest segment of the steppe belt that was the home and crossroads for numerous human groups starting with extinct Pithecanthropus and Sinanthropus 1 mln – 800, 000 in the Karatau Mountains, Caspian and Balkhash areas ; Neanderthals 140 – 40 thousand years ago in the Karatau Mountains and Central Kazakhstan, and the arrival of the modern Homo Sapiens 40 – 12 thousand years ago in the Southern, Central, and Eastern Kazakhstan.
Khunjerab Pass ( elevation ) is a high mountain pass in the Karakoram Mountains in a strategic position on the northern border of Pakistan's Gilgit – Baltistan region within the region of Kashmir and on the southwest border of the Xinjiang region of China.
Apart from Rysy, there are several other peaks located in the province – Pilsko, Babia Góra, Turbacz, as well as Lysica in the Swietokrzyskie Mountains.
– and Creating
* David Lempert, “ Foreign Aid: Creating Conditions for the Next Civil War ,” Phnom Penh Post, 16 / 01, January 12 – 25, 2007, available on the internet.
" Creating the Exemplary Citizen: The Changing Notion of Citizenship in Britain 1870 – 1939 ," Contemporary British History ( 2008 ) 22 # 2 pp 203 – 225
Creating more legally binding licenses and contracts just perpetuates the problem of law – a. k. a. state force – intruding where it doesn ’ t belong.
* Rudgers, David F. Creating the Secret State: The Origins of the Central Intelligence Agency, 1943 – 1947 ( Lawrence, KS: University of Kansas Press, 2000 )
* Handbook For Teaching Leadership: Knowing, Doing, and Being ; edited by Scott Snook, Nitin Nohria and Rakesh Khurana – Chapter 16 – Creating Leaders: An Ontological / Phenomenological Model, authored by Werner Erhard, Michael C. Jensen, and Kari Granger.
For maximum impact, the company has focused its Creating Shared Value efforts and investments on three areas – nutrition, water and rural development – as these are core to their business activities and vital for our value chain.
Some authors – see, for example, Creating a Software Engineering Culture by Karl E. Wiegers – have stressed the importance of the social and political aspects of the work climate as determinants of the effectiveness of individual programmers and the project team as a whole.
" Legacy of Partition, 1947 – 2009: Creating New Archives from the Memories of Leicestershire People ," Midland History, ( Sept 2011 ), Vol.
* Profile of Ahmed Rashid from Speaker's Booklet: Creating opportunity from Change, Arab Strategy Forum, page 20, 4 – 6 December 2006
* Nancy Bisaha, Creating East and West: Renaissance humanists and the Ottoman Turks, University of Pennsylvania Press, 2006, pp. 113 – 15.
* Flamming ; Douglas Creating the Modern South: Millhands and Managers in Dalton, Georgia, 1884 – 1984 University of North Carolina Press, 1992 Online edition