[permalink] [id link]
An excerpt from the Cenotine " Book of Truth " was the Chem of the golem Dorfl, until Carrot Ironfoundersson purchased him and set him free by replacing it with the receipt of the purchase.
Some Related Sentences
excerpt and from
Representatives of Harvard University Press, which is publishing the book this month of April, recognize and freely acknowledge that they invited such reaction by allowing Life magazine to print an excerpt from the book in advance of the book's publication date.
At the other extreme in character was the half-hour excerpt from the Petipa-Minkus ballet `` Bayaderka '', which opened the evening.
Last Saturday's interesting melange included Ernst Toch, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Richard Yardumian and a brief excerpt from a new `` space '' opera by the Swedish composer, Karl-Birger Blomdahl.
But one wishes, when the appetite is whetted, as it was in the case of the all-too-brief excerpt from the Blomdahl opera, that further opportunity would be provided both for hearing the works in their entirety and for a closer analytical look at the sense and nature of the compositions.
* podcasts. ie In this series of podcasts on Mayo's Heritage you can hear an excerpt from John Mc Hugh's Heritage Tour of Achill ( ref Programme 6 & Programme 8 )
Inscription and Erasure: Literature and Written Culture from the Eleventh to the Eighteenth Century ( 2007 ) excerpt and text search
Overt religious elements include an excerpt from the Rosary prayer on the cornice and planned statues of Mary, specifically Our Lady of the Rosary, and two archangels, St. Michael and St. Gabriel.
* Spence, Jonathan D. The Search for Modern China ( 1999 ), 876pp ; well written survey from 1644 to 1990s excerpt and text search ; complete edition online at Questia
* Spence, Jonathan D. The Search for Modern China ( 1991 ), 876pp ; well written survey from 1644 to 1980s excerpt and text search ; complete edition online
His comparative approach is obvious in the following excerpt from Chapter III of Book I of what many consider to be his masterpiece, De l ' esprit des lois:
" Yet another excerpt where Montesqieu's comparative approach is evident is the following one from Chapter XIII of Book XXIX:
* Release Early, Release Often, excerpt from The Cathedral and the Bazaar, mirrored on personal site
A Critical Dictionary of the French Revolution ( 1989 ), 1120pp ; long essays by scholars ; conservative perspective ; stress on history of ideas excerpt and online search from Amazon. com
* Each chapter in Frank Herbert's science fiction novels Whipping Star, The Dosadi Experiment, and Dune variously begin with an aphorism, an excerpt from an official report ( or even a manual ), a quotation from a book about the events of the novel, etc.
An excerpt from Sefer Raziel HaMalakh, featuring various magical Sigil ( magic ) | sigils ( or סגולות, seguloth, in Hebrew language | Hebrew ).
excerpt and Book
From 1928 Book's II and III slowly began to emerge in transition, with a brief excerpt of II. 2 (" The Triangle ") published in February 1928, and Book III's four chapters between March 1928 and November 1929.
Joyce made a recording in 1929 of an excerpt from the " Anna Livia Plurabelle " section of the book ( Book I, chapter 8, from page 213, line 13, to the end of the chapter ).
" Anticipating the quiet, Osborn had brought along a Bible and read an excerpt from the Book of Job, ending by saying, " These are the problems to which our friend devoted his life.
Examples of surviving portions of his works include: the Shabuhragan ( Middle Persian ), the Book of Giants ( numerous fragments in many languages ), the Fundamental Epistle ( quoted in length by Saint Augustine ), a number of fragments of his Living Gospel ( or Great Gospel ), a Syriac excerpt quoted by Theodore Bar Konai, and his Letter to Edessa contained in the Cologne Mani-Codex.
While W. B. Yeats chose many poets of the Great War generation for The Oxford Book of Modern Verse ( 1936 ), Read arguably stood out among his peers by virtue of the 17-page excerpt ( nearly half of the entire work ) of his The End of a War ( Faber & Faber, 1933 ).
The first paperback edition of New Spring, released on June 13, 2005, gave readers the first look at Knife of Dreams ( Book 11 ), as it featured an advance excerpt of part of the prologue of Knife of Dreams.
" The Book of Moses is an excerpt of chapters from the first part of what is now called the Joseph Smith Translation of the Bible.
* Book excerpt ( ISBN 0-7881-6042-7 ), Steven D. Stark, " Glued to the Set: The 60 Television Shows and Events That Made Us Who We Are Today " ( ISBN 0-7881-6042-7 )
Another excerpt from the bible mentions empty pitchers with lamps given to three hundred men divided into three companies, in the Book of Judges.
Two of the versions are very similar and represent one manuscript tradition ; they incorporate a lengthy excerpt from a certain Book of Zoroaster appended to the Apocryphon ( as chapters 15: 29 – 19: 8f ) A shorter version of the Apocryphon found at Nag Hammadi does not contain the interpolation and represents another manuscript tradition.
* Arizona. edu-Gorillas among Us: A Primate Ethnographer's Book of Days ( introductory chapter excerpt ), Dawn Prince-Hughes ( April 19, 2001 )
Called by a critic in The New York Times Book Review " perhaps the greatest English language poem of this century ", an excerpt was handed out to those attending Lax's funeral at St. Bonaventure University Sept. 29:
* For Book Club Discussion Points, background information, and an excerpt, see author's website: Light a Distant Fire