[permalink] [id link]
April ends on the same day of the week as December every year.
Some Related Sentences
April and ends
The bulletin was joined in being simulcast on 10 April 2006 when the BBC News at One ( with British Sign Language in-vision signing ) and BBC News at Six bulletins were added to the schedule following a similar format to the News at Ten in terms of content on the channel once each simulcast ends.
Caltech is on the quarter system: the fall term starts in late September and ends before Christmas, the second term starts after New Years Day and ends in mid-March, and the third term starts in late March or early April and ends in early June.
December starts on the same day of the week as September every year and ends on the same day as April every year.
School year in the Philippines starts from June, and ends in March with a two-month summer break from April to May, one week of semestral break in October, and a week or two during Christmas and New Year holidays.
* April 27 – Andrew Cunanan murders Jeffrey Trail, beginning a murder spree that lasts until July and ends with the murder of fashion designer Gianni Versace.
* April 15 – The Castellemmarese War ends with the assassination of Joe " The Boss " Masseria, briefly leaving Salvatore Maranzano as capo di tutti i capi (" boss of all bosses ") and undisputed ruler of the American Mafia.
* April 26 – WWII: Battle of Bautzen: The last " successful " German panzer-offensive in Bautzen ends with the city recaptured.
* April 27 – The Dominican embassy siege ends with all hostages released and the guerrillas flying to Cuba.
* April 20 – American Civil War – The Battle of Washington ends inconclusively in Beaufort County, North Carolina.
* April 17 – Following several weeks of successful fighting the Khmer Republic surrenders there fore the Cambodian Civil War ends, in which the Communist party of the Khmer Rouge guerilla forces capture Phnom Penh, prompting a forcible mass evacuation of the city and starting off the infamous genocide.
* April 30 – Vietnam War: The Fall of Saigon: The Vietnam War ends as Communist forces from North Vietnam take Saigon, resulting in mass evacuations of Americans and South Vietnamese.
* April 2 – The only night of the would-be Shakespearean play Vortigern and Rowena ( actually written by William Henry Ireland ) ends in the audience's laughter.
* April 13 – The Napier Expedition ends with the suicide of Tewodros and the capture of Magdala by the British-Indian task force.
* November 1 – President of Nicaragua ends a cease-fire with U. S .- backed contras that had been in effect since April 1988.
* March 12 – Mahatma Gandhi sets off on a 200-mile protest march towards the sea with 78 followers to protest the British monopoly on salt ; more will join them during the Salt March that ends on April 5.
* April 25 – Athens, full of refugees and weakened by plague and hunger, capitulates and the Peloponnesian War ends.
April and on
Hearst saw his wife and child, sent a joyful message to his mother in California, and soon returned to Washington, where on April 22, for the first time, he opened his mouth in Congress.
It is difficult to say what Thompson expected would come of their relationship, which had begun so soon after his emotions had been stirred by Maggie Brien, but when Katie wrote on April 11, 1900, to tell him that she was to be married to the Rev. Godfrey Burr, the vicar of Rushall in Staffordshire, the news evidently helped to deepen his discouragement over the failure of his hopes for a new volume of verse.
There must have been special feelings of joy and patriotism in the heart of Daniel Morgan too, when the news was received on April 30th of the recognition by France of the independence of the United States.
When they lost it, the French artillery moved in, and that was the end for Garibaldi that time, on 30 April 1849.
The clock you heard strike -- it's really the town clock -- was installed last April by Mrs. Shorter, on her birthday ''.
Middletown bases its claim on the general provision of the law that `` all rateable property, both tangible and intangible, shall be taxed to the owner thereof in the town in which such owner shall have had his actual place of abode for the larger portion of the twelve ( 12 ) months next preceding the first day of April in each year ''.
In testimony whereof, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the seal of the State to be affixed this 21st day of April, in the year of Our Lord, one thousand nine hundred and sixty-one and on Independence, the one hundred and eighty-fifth.
Replacing the discontinued Medical Technicians Bulletin, publication of which was suspended with the November-December 1959 issue, a section called `` Technical Notes '' was inaugurated on a bimonthly basis beginning with the April 1960 issue.
The Navy, on April 25, announced it is bringing back the carrier Shangri-La from the Mediterranean, increasing to four the number of attack carriers in the vicinity of Cuba.
April 15 is usually the final date for filing income tax returns for most people because they use the calendar year ending on December 31.
Since April 15, 1962, is on Sunday your return for the calendar year 1961 will be timely filed if it is filed on or before Monday, April 16, 1962.
Citizens of the United States who, on April 15, are not in the United States or Puerto Rico, are allowed an extension of time until June 15 for filing the return for the preceding calendar year.
You must attach a statement to your return, if you take advantage of this automatic extension, showing that you were in Alaska or were outside the United States or Puerto Rico on April 15 or other due date.
The survivors emerge on some nice, sunny day in March or April, when the temperature is close to 50-degrees and there is not too much wind.
On that cold, but bright, April day we were guests of your government in the reviewing stand of Red Square to witness the poeple's celebration for Yuri Gagarin and later on that day we attended the somewhat more exclusive reception for him in one of the impressive palaces of the Kremlin.
At twelve minutes after five on the morning of Wednesday, April 18, 1906, San Francisco was shaken by a severe earthquake.
An adverse vote of 81 to 65 kept in the State Affairs Committee a bill which would order the referendum on the April 4 ballot, when Texas votes on a U.S. senator.
The proposal would have to receive final legislative approval, by two-thirds majorities, before March 1 to be printed on the April 4 ballot, Roberts said.
The women's committee of St. David's Church will hold its annual pre-Fair pink parade, a dessert bridge and fashion show at 1 p.m. on Monday, April 17, in the chapel assembly room, Wayne.