[permalink] [id link]
By 1852, the dam was completed and a saw mill was in operation.
Some Related Sentences
By and 1852
By 1852, it had premiered in all the major cities of Italy, although sometimes under different titles due to the vagaries of censorship ( e. g. as Viscardello, Lionello, and Clara de Perth ).
By the same author is the List of people associated with the comunero Juan Bravo sculpture, made in 1921 and located in the heart of the city in the Square of the Sirens, the name given to two statues that top the stairs and representing these mythological beings, made by Francisco Bellver in 1852.
By 1852, regular rail transportation from Columbia to Baltimore, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and Harrisburg made the town the commercial center for the area halfway between the county seats of Lancaster and York.
By 1852, the skits that had been part of blackface performance for decades expanded to one-act farces, often used as the show's third act.
By 1852, it was already a motley collection of a dozen rude shanties scattered along the road, each one containing a cantina which catered to the vaqueros of the San Andreas and Los Corralitos Ranchos.
By 1852, Yuba City had one hotel, a grocery store, a post office, approximately 20 dwelling homes with a population of about 150.
By 1852, there were 8 hotels, 4 banks, 17 general stores, 2 firehouses, 2 bookstores, 1 newspaper, 3 churches, and over 40 drinking / gambling establishments.
By an act of the Indiana General Assembly in 1852, any county could change its seat if two-thirds of its residents signed a petition and put forward a fifty-dollar deposit for an architect to design a new courthouse.
By 1852 La Porte had become a well established settlement of considerable size for its time and vicinity, with 5, 000 residents.
By annexing land from towns around it, including part of Poland in 1852, Minot in 1873, and all of Danville ( first called Pejepscot ) in 1867, Auburn grew geographically into one of Maine's largest municipalities.
By 1882, the Company had relocated to their present building, which was erected in 1852 as a Market House.
By the time Ely died in 1852, Elyria had 5 churches, 3 grocery stores, 3 flour mills, a newspaper, and a population of more than 1, 500.
By 1852, the town of Oberlin was an active terminus on the underground railroad, and thousands had already passed through it on their way to freedom.
In 1852, sixty-three-year-old Elijah Davidson and his family set out for Oregon Territory By 1854, more than a dozen Disciples families from Monmouth, many of them related to each other or to Davidson, had joined him.
By 1852, he had become a leading figure in Saint Petersburg's musical life, performing as a soloist and collaborating with some of the outstanding instrumentalists and vocalists who came to the Russian capital.
By and dam
By 1907, in an effort to regulate water flow for irrigation purposes, the U. S. Bureau of Reclamation had constructed a log crib dam at the Snake River outlet of Jackson Lake.
By the time the dam generated power in early 1945, the electricity was used for another purpose in addition to aluminum manufacturing.
By 1903 Perrine, who had been a successful farmer and rancher in the Snake River Canyon, had obtained private financing from Milner and others under the provisions of the Carey Act of 1894 to build a dam on the Snake River near Caldron Linn.
By the early 1920s the handwriting was on the wall, a dam was to be built and the valley to be flooded, many more people moved away knowing they would lose their homes anyway.
By means of a dam across the Ternay, an affluent of the Deûme, to the north-west of the town, a reservoir is provided, in which an additional supply of water, for both industrial and domestic purposes, is stored.
By the 1930s, Byrnes took up the cause for a massive dam building project, the Santee Cooper, that would not only accomplish those tasks, but also electrify the entire state with hydroelectric power.
By 1963, the gates on the dam closed and rising Lake Powell began to engulf the river and its side canyons.
By taming floods and other factors that once characterized the Colorado, the dam has led to major physical and ecological changes in the lower river.
By late 1962, concrete was being poured into the dam at a rate of per day even as the workforce was scaled down to about 1, 500.
By the time Domesday Book was written in 1086, York Castle was also surrounded by a water-filled moat and a large artificial lake called the King's Pool, fed from the river Foss by a dam built for the purpose.
By river, the dam is 235 miles ( 378 km ) below the Canadian border and 453 miles ( 729 km ) above the mouth of the river at Astoria, Oregon.
By 23 June, the main dam had been lowered from, allowing 3, 000 million cubic meters of water to leave the lake gradually, but still with considerable destructive power.
By 9: 30 a. m. the downstream face of the dam had developed a wet spot which began to discharge water at and the embankment material began to wash out.
By 8: 00 p. m. that evening, the reservoir had completely emptied, although over two-thirds of the dam wall remained standing.
By 1981, a smaller dam was built at the town of Kpong, downstream from Akosombo and further upgrades to Akosombo have become necessary for maintaining hydropower output.
By means of the guardgate, the volume of water is regulated at pleasure, and uniform height preserved ... The expense of maintaining the dam, canals, and main sluicegates, and of regulating the water, is borne by the company.
By the 1950s most of the best potential dam sites in the United States had been utilized and it became increasingly difficult to justify new dams, but government agencies such as TVA, the Bureau of Reclamation, and the Army Corps of Engineers continued to construct new dams.
By Emperor Wu's orders, Xiao Yuanming advanced to Hanshan ( 寒山 ), in Pengcheng's vicinity, to build a dam over the Si River ( 泗水 ) to use water to attack Pengcheng.
By 1920, he had built a dam on Shell Creek, which created Shell Lake, near Sand Springs, Oklahoma and proposed to sell fresh water to Tulsa.
By 1906 the original dam was discovered to be leaking, and while repairs were made the leak continued through 1908, until the current dam was completed in 1914.