[permalink] [id link]
Every smooth ( or differentiable ) map φ: M → N between smooth ( or differentiable ) manifolds induces natural linear maps between the corresponding tangent spaces:
Some Related Sentences
Every and smooth
Every smooth submanifold of R < sup > n </ sup > has an induced Riemannian metric g: the inner product on each tangent space is the restriction of the inner product on R < sup > n </ sup >.
Every smooth manifold defined in this way has a natural diffeology, for which the plots correspond to the smooth maps from open subsets of R < sup > n </ sup > to the manifold.
Every smooth function G over the symplectic manifold generates a one-parameter family of symplectomorphisms and if
* Every bundle of Lie algebras over a smooth manifold defines a Lie algebroid where the Lie bracket is defined pointwise and the anchor map is equal to zero.
Every Sámi settlement had its seita, which had no regular shape, and might consist of smooth or odd-looking stones picked out of a stream, of a small pile of stones, of a tree-stump, or of a simple post.
Every compact smooth manifold of dimension 2n, which has only handles of index ≤ n, has a Stein structure provided n > 2, and when n = 2 the same holds provided the 2-handles are attached with certain framings ( framing less than the Thurston-Bennequin framing ).
Every closed smooth 4-manifold is a union of two Stein 4-manifolds glued along their common boundary.
* Every smooth Hilbert manifold can be smoothly embedded onto an open subset of the model Hilbert space.
* Every continuous plurisubharmonic function can be obtained as a limit of monotonically decreasing sequence of smooth plurisubharmonic functions.
Every camp has one or two directors ; the job of the director is to make the camp run smooth and mostly safe without losing the free-spirited and cosy experience of the camp.
Every and map
* Every continuous map from a compact space to a Hausdorff space is closed and proper ( i. e., the pre-image of a compact set is compact.
Every continuous map f: X → Y induces an algebra homomorphism C ( f ): C ( Y ) → C ( X ) by the rule C ( f )( φ ) = φ o f for every φ in C ( Y ).
Every vector v in determines a linear map from R to taking 1 to v, which can be thought of as a Lie algebra homomorphism.
Every map that is injective, continuous and either open or closed is an embedding ; however there are also embeddings which are neither open nor closed.
Every inner automorphism is indeed an automorphism of the group G, i. e. it is a bijective map from G to G and it is a homomorphism ; meaning ( xy )< sup > a </ sup >
Every algebraic curve C of genus g ≥ 1 is associated with an abelian variety J of dimension g, by means of an analytic map of C into J.
Every covering map is a semicovering, but semicoverings satisfy the " 2 out of 3 " rule: given a composition of maps of spaces, if two of the maps are semicoverings, then so also is the third.
* The embedding theorem for Stein manifolds states the following: Every Stein manifold of complex dimension can be embedded into by a biholomorphic proper map.
Every issue of our periodical will therefore include one or more map supplements, and their design will guarantee a continuous and easily accessible supplement in easy-to-manage form with special regard for those who own Stielers Hand-Atlas, Berghaus ’ s Physical Atlas, and other map publications of the ( Perthes ) Institute.
Every summer, the town prepares for the one-week summer festival, " Finnsnes i Fest ", aiming to put Finnsnes on the map.
Every element x of G gives rise to a tensor-preserving self-conjugate natural transformation via multiplication by x on each representation, and hence one has a map.
Every and φ
A substructure N of M is elementary if and only if it passes the Tarski – Vaught test: Every first-order formula φ ( x, b < sub > 1 </ sub >, …, b < sub > n </ sub >) with parameters in N that has a solution in M also has a solution in N when evaluated in M. One can prove that two structures are elementary equivalent with the Ehrenfeucht – Fraïssé games.
Every arithmetical set is implicitly arithmetical ; if X is arithmetically defined by φ ( n ) then it is implicitly defined by the formula
Every and M
* In any ring R, a maximal ideal is an ideal M that is maximal in the set of all proper ideals of R, i. e. M is contained in exactly 2 ideals of R, namely M itself and the entire ring R. Every maximal ideal is in fact prime.
Every measurable cardinal κ is a 0-huge cardinal because < sup > κ </ sup > M ⊂ M, that is, every function from κ to M is in M. Consequently, V < sub > κ + 1 </ sub >⊂ M.
: Every countable theory which is satisfiable in a model M, is satisfiable in a countable substructure of M.
* Siegal, M., Cornell Feline Health Center ( Editors ) ( 1989 ) The Cornell Book of Cats: A Comprehensive Medical Reference for Every Cat and Kitten.
Every year about 5000 applications are received, out of which about 300 students ( around 150 in each year ) are enrolled in the 2 year full time M. Tech.
Every hyperkähler manifold M has a 2-sphere of complex structures ( i. e. integrable almost complex structures ) with respect to which the metric is Kähler.
Every finite-length module M has a composition series, and the length of every such composition series is equal to the length of M.
* Every direct summand of M is pure in M. Consequently, every subspace of a vector space over a field is pure.