[permalink] [id link]
Every stalactite begins with a single mineral-laden drop of water.
Some Related Sentences
Every and begins
Every vault is assigned a specific number ; this number is displayed on a board or electronic screen before the gymnast begins.
Every screenplay and teleplay begins with an idea, and screenwriters use those ideas to write scripts, with the intention of selling them and having them produced.
Every natural hollow is full of water, around the margin of which, long grasses, reeds and other aquatic plants grow in the greatest profusion, often making it difficult to say where the land ends and the water begins.
Every Shintaido practice begins with warming-up exercises designed to soften and extend the body until it can move naturally, without the tensions of everyday life.
Every TIFF begins with a 2-byte indicator of byte order: " II " for little-endian ( aka " intel byte ordering ", circa 1980 ) and " MM " for big-endian ( aka " motorola byte ordering ", circa 1980 ) byte ordering.
Every time a transaction begins or commits we write a Begin Transaction entry or, respectively, an End Of Log entry for that transaction.
He wrote to Nettlau in 1927: " Every nationalism begins with a Mazzini, but in its shadow there lurks a Mussolini ".
Every line of a GEDCOM file begins with a level number where all top-level records ( HEAD, TRLR, SUBN, and each INDI, FAM, OBJE, NOTE, REPO, SOUR, and SUBM ) begin with a line with level 0, while other level numbers are positive integers.
Every civilization starts with certain special abilities, specifically two traits that give them bonuses that help in corresponding areas of gameplay ; they also determine what two technologies the civilization begins the game with.
Every great Culture begins with a religious trend that arises in the countryside, is carried through to the cultural cities, and ends in materialism in the world-cities.
Every resident is assigned a task, while Sally, a rag doll woman who is created by the town's mad scientist, begins to feel a romantic attraction towards Jack.
Every hymn begins with a verset with a continuous cantus firmus: the hymn melody is stated in long note values in one of the voices, usually the bass, while the other voices provide contrapuntal accompaniment.
( These words later inspired the fight song known as " The Nittany Lion ", which begins " Every college has a legend ...".
Every other member of his battalion gets killed in the battle, and Tristram begins his long way back to England.
Every gentleman sets as long as he likes to the opposite lady, and the opposite lady to him, and all are so long about it that the sport begins to languish, when suddenly the lively hero dashes in to the rescue.
Every class in a Iwama style dojo begins with tai-no-henko and morotedori kokyuu-ho and ends with kokyuu-dosa.
One of the earliest formations of the Kalām argument comes from Al-Ghazali, who wrote, " Every being which begins has a cause for its beginning ; now the world is a being which begins ; therefore, it possesses a cause for its beginning.
Every and with
Every detail in his interpretation has been beautifully thought out, and of these I would especially cite the delicious laendler touch the pianist brings to the fifth variation ( an obvious indication that he is playing with Viennese musicians ), and the gossamer shading throughout.
Every Wednesday night through Oct. 11 there will be an elaborate colored fountain display, with 229 nozzles throwing jets of water up to 130 feet.
** Tukey's lemma: Every non-empty collection of finite character has a maximal element with respect to inclusion.
Every unit of length has a corresponding unit of area, namely the area of a square with the given side length.
* Revised Code of Washington 9. 12. 010: " Every person who brings on his or her own behalf, or instigates, incites, or encourages another to bring, any false suit at law or in equity in any court of this state, with intent thereby to distress or harass a defendant in the suit, or who serves or sends any paper or document purporting to be or resembling a judicial process, that is not in fact a judicial process, is guilty of a misdemeanor ; and in case the person offending is an attorney, he or she may, in addition thereto be disbarred from practicing law within this state.
Every Boolean algebra ( A, ∧, ∨) gives rise to a ring ( A, +, ·) by defining a + b := ( a ∧ ¬ b ) ∨ ( b ∧ ¬ a ) = ( a ∨ b ) ∧ ¬( a ∧ b ) ( this operation is called symmetric difference in the case of sets and XOR in the case of logic ) and a · b := a ∧ b. The zero element of this ring coincides with the 0 of the Boolean algebra ; the multiplicative identity element of the ring is the 1 of the Boolean algebra.
Every Hilbert space X is a Banach space because, by definition, a Hilbert space is complete with respect to the norm associated with its inner product, where a norm and an inner product are said to be associated if for all x ∈ X.
* Every quadratic Bézier curve is also a cubic Bézier curve, and more generally, every degree n Bézier curve is also a degree m curve for any m > n. In detail, a degree n curve with control points P < sub > 0 </ sub >, …, P < sub > n </ sub > is equivalent ( including the parametrization ) to the degree n + 1 curve with control points P '< sub > 0 </ sub >, …, P '< sub > n + 1 </ sub >, where.
* Every unital real Banach algebra with no zero divisors, and in which every principal ideal is closed, is isomorphic to the reals, the complexes, or the quaternions.
* Every commutative real unital Noetherian Banach algebra with no zero divisors is isomorphic to the real or complex numbers.
Jimmy Hatlo's They'll Do It Every Time was often displayed in a two-panel format with the first panel showing some deceptive, pretentious, unwitting or scheming human behavior and the second panel revealing the truth of the situation.
Every year, the European Joint Conferences on Theory and Practice of Software ( ETAPS ) sponsors the International Conference on Compiler Construction ( CC ), with papers from both the academic and industrial sectors.
According to Every, one example may be " the myth of St. George " and other stories about saints battling dragons, which were " modelled no doubt in many cases on older representations of the creator and preserver of the world in combat with chaos ".
* Every three years since Earnhardt's death, someone associated with Earnhardt has won the Daytona 500 ( his son Dale Earnhardt, Jr. in 2004, Earnhardt's replacement Cup driver Kevin Harvick in 2007, and Earnhardt Ganassi's Jamie McMurray in 2010.
In Norse mythology, Draupnir ( Old Norse " the dripper ") is a gold ring possessed by the god Odin with the ability to multiply itself: Every ninth night eight new rings ' drip ' from Draupnir, each one of the same size and weight as the original.
Every system must have a class designated as " root ", with one of its creation procedures designated as " root procedure ".