[permalink] [id link]
Federal Staff Directory: CQ Press ’ s Federal Staff Directory is the one-stop reference for more than 40, 000 contacts in the Executive Office of the President, the Cabinet, independent agencies, and quasi-official agencies.
Some Related Sentences
Federal and Staff
Within the framework of NATO and an integrated European Union Military Staff, the Federal Republic has resumed the deployment of military units to mediate in conflict regions worldwide.
* 1972 – Watergate Scandal: U. S. President Richard M. Nixon and White House Chief of Staff H. R. Haldeman are taped talking about using the Central Intelligence Agency to obstruct the Federal Bureau of Investigation's investigation into the Watergate break-ins.
The marketing program continued through the 1971 season, when the Federal Trade Commission's Staff Report, Guidelines on Advertising to Children, recommended against Schwinn's on-air marketing practices using the show's host.
Also indicted were Milan Milutinović, President of the Republic of Serbia, Nikola Šainović, Deputy Prime Minister of the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia, Dragoljub Ojdanić, Chief of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia, and Vlajko Stojiljković, Minister of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Serbia.
In 1977, President Jimmy Carter appointed him Director of the Policy Planning Staff at the Federal Trade Commission.
In 1951 he returned to Vienna, where Federal President Theodor Körner appointed him Assistant Chief of Staff and political adviser.
The Chief of the Defence Staff, General John de Chastelain placed Federal, Quebec-based troops in support of the provincial authorities.
When General Ibrahim Babangida was named President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in 1985, Abacha was named Chief of Army Staff.
* Same-sex marriage in the United States: Staff advisors for U. S. President George W. Bush say he will support the proposed Federal Marriage Amendment to the U. S. Constitution which would outlaw same-sex marriage and federalize marriage law, which has been set by individual states since the founding of the country.
In the " real " world, the SPS students have, among other things, visited the White House to talk with the White House Chief of Staff, had lunch with the Governor of Maryland, hosted a formal dinner for Ambassadors from around the world, attended screenings of " Meet the Press " and talked with host David Gregory, met with members of the U. S. Supreme Court, and chatted about fiscal policy with the Chairman of the Federal Reserve.
Under the post-war organisation of the Bundeswehr, the General Staff sit under the German Defence Staff and are based at the Federal Ministry of Defence in Bonn.
* 1976: Staff of Chicago Tribune, " for uncovering widespread abuses in Federal housing programs in Chicago and exposing shocking conditions at two private Chicago hospitals.
* Samuel Skinner, former Chief Federal Prosecutor, U. S. Secretary of Transportation ; Chief of Staff to President George H. W. Bush
He was on leave as director of the Staff College of the Federal Civil Defense Administration in Washington, DC.
Near Chekhov is the Russian General Staff wartime command post, buried deep underground, which is almost certainly linked directly to the Kremlin by an underground rail link — the ' Moscow Metro 2 ' line operated by the Russian Federal Security Service ( FSB ).
Goble had succeeded Williams as Chief of the Air Staff for the last time but clashed with the Federal government over implementation of the Empire Air Training Scheme and stepped down in early 1940.
Four crew and six passengers, including the Chief of the General Staff and three Federal Government ministers, were killed in the accident.
Included among the directories published is the CQ Press Staff Directories series, consisting of the Congressional Staff Directory, the Federal Staff Directory, and the Judicial Staff Directory.
Federal and Directory
* Elbert Tuttle at the Biographical Directory of Federal Judges, a public domain publication of the Federal Judicial Center.
The Congressional Staff Directory has been published continuously since 1959, the Federal Staff Directory since 1982, and the Judicial Staff Directory since 1986.
Judicial Staff Directory: This essential directory is the insider ’ s guide to move than 28, 000 individuals in National Courts, the Federal Court, Bankruptcy Courts, and State Appellate Courts.
* Edward Lodge at the Biographical Directory of Federal Judges, a public domain publication of the Federal Judicial Center.
Federal and CQ
Due to the efforts of Merrill Swan, W6AEE, of the " The RTTY Society of Southern California " publisher of RTTY and Wayne Green, W2NSD, of CQ Magazine, Amateur Radio operators successfully petitioned the U. S. Federal Communications Commission ( FCC ) to amend Part 12 of the Regulations, which was effective on February 20, 1953.
Federal Collection: CQ Press ’ s Federal Collection gives access to Washington ’ s most trusted Directories.
Federal and Press
The " Ministry of press and information of the RSFSR " was in 1990s renamed to " Ministry of Press, Broadcasting and Mass Communications ( Minpechati )" and in 2004 it was turned into the " Federal Agency on Press and Mass Communications ( Rospechat )" which was no longer a standalone ministry but a subdivision to the " Ministry of Culture and Mass Communications " ( originally " Ministry of culture of the RSFSR ").
* Driving Like Crazy: Thirty Years of Vehicular Hell-bending Celebrating America the Way It's Suppose to Be – With an Oil Well in Every Backyard, a Cadillac Escalade in Every Carport, and the Chairman of the Federal Reserve Mowing Our Lawn ( 2010 ) Reprint edition by Grove Press ISBN 0802144799
* Stuart W. Shulman, " The Origin of the Federal Farm Loan Act: Agenda-Setting in the Progressive Era Print Press ", University of Oregon, Department of Political Science, Dissertation, 1999 online
* Stuart W. Shulman, “ The Origin of the Federal Farm Loan Act: Issue Emergence and Agenda ‐ Setting in the Progressive Era Print Press ,” in Jane Adams ( Ed .).
* Richard Ellis, Aggressive Nationalism: McCulloch v. Maryland and the Foundation of Federal Authority in the Young Republic, New York: Oxford University Press, 2007.
* Federal Facilities Council Report 1999, Environmental Management Systems and ISO 14001, National Academy Press, Washington DC.
* Baumgarten, Linda: What Clothes Reveal: The Language of Clothing in Colonial and Federal America, Yale University Press, 2002.
Currently, Princeton Model Congress offers high school students the opportunity to simulate the experience of serving in Congress, sitting on the bench as a Supreme Court Justice, counseling our Commander in Chief as a member of the Presidential Cabinet or covering the Federal Government in print as a part of the Press Corps.
In 1976, during PSOE's first national congress inside Spain since the civil war, he was elected Secretary of the party's Federal Executive Commission, and also Secretary for Information and Press, remaining in the post for five years.
In 2003, Red Letter Press and its managing editor, Helen Gilbert, were the target of a complaint to the Federal Election Commission by the campaign committee of perennial presidential candidate Lyndon LaRouche.
* Blakey, George T. Creating a Hoosier Self-Portrait: The Federal Writers ' Project in Indiana, 1935-1942 Indiana University Press, 2005.
* Brewer, Jeutonne P., The Federal Writers ' Project: a bibliography, Metuchen, NH: Scarecrow Press, 1994.
* Penkower, Monty Noam, The Federal Writers ' Project: A Study in Government Patronage of the Arts, Urbana, Illinois: University of Illinois Press, 1976.
* The Protectors: Anslinger and the Federal Bureau of Narcotics ( 1930 – 1962 ) ( ISBN 0-87413-352-1 ), by John C. McWilliams, University of Delaware Press, August 1, 1990
* Cahill, Cathleen D. Federal Fathers and Mothers: A Social History of the United States Indian Service, 1869 – 1933 ( U of North Carolina Press, 2011 ) 368 pp. online review
On March 24, 2011, KMSP was levied a $ 4, 000 fine by the Federal Communications Commission for airing the video news release without disclosing its origin, following complaints in 2006 and 2007 filed by the Free Press and The Center for Media and Democracy.
* Rosen Philip T. The Modern Stentors ; Radio Broadcasting and the Federal Government 1920-1934 ( Greenwood Press, 1980 ).
Notable alumni include Roxana Saberi, who was charged with espionage by Iran and later released in 2009, Clint Hill, the United States Secret Service agent who is credited with saving the life of Jacqueline Kennedy during the assassination of John F. Kennedy, Sidney Rand, former United States Ambassador to Norway and President of St. Olaf College, Cynthia L. Bauerly, member of the Federal Election Commission, Alan Bjerga, president of the National Press Club, Jim Christopherson, former linebacker and placekicker for the Minnesota Vikings, Gary Larsen, defensive tackle for the Minnesota Vikings, Chris Coste, former Major league baseball catcher and infielder, Coya Knutson, former United States congresswoman, Ole H. Olson, former Governor of North Dakota, Adolph Murie, a biologist who was the first scientist to study wolves in their natural habitat.
* The Documentary History of the First Federal Elections, 1788-1790 by Merrill Jensen, Robert A. Becker & Gordon DenBoer ( University of Wisconsin Press, 1976, ISBN 0-299-10650-0, ISBN 978-0-299-10650-8 ; page 558 )
* Iowa: A Guide to the Hawkeye State, Compiled and Written by the Federal Writers ' Project of the Works Progress Administration for the State of Iowa, The Viking Press, New York, 1938
* George Pierre Castle and Robert L. Bee, eds., State and Reservation: New Perspectives on Federal Indian Policy ( Tucson: University of Arizona Press, 1992 )