Help


[permalink] [id link]
+
Page "Galaxy" ¶ 18
from Wikipedia
Edit
Promote Demote Fragment Fix

Some Related Sentences

1750 and Thomas
Notable late-classical deists include Peter Annet ( 1693 – 1769 ), Thomas Chubb ( 1679 – 1747 ), Thomas Morgan (?– 1743 ), and Conyers Middleton ( 1683 – 1750 ).
In 1750 the English astronomer Thomas Wright, in his An original theory or new hypothesis of the Universe, speculated ( correctly ) that the galaxy might be a rotating body of a huge number of stars held together by gravitational forces, akin to the solar system but on a much larger scale.
# 1746 – 1750 Thomas Knapp
* 1750Thomas Erskine, 1st Baron Erskine, British Lord Chancellor ( d. 1823 )
Thomas married Hannah Harrison Ludwell ( 1701 – 1750 ).
Image: Mr and Mrs Andrews 1748-49. jpg | Thomas Gainsborough, Mr and Mrs Andrews, 1750
* Thomas Stock ( 1750 – 1803 ), English clergyman
* 1750Thomas Wright discusses galaxies and the shape of the Milky Way,
* Thomas Pinckney ( 1750 – 1828 ), early American statesman and diplomat
In 1750, Dr. Thomas Walker of Virginia publicized the location of Cumberland Gap, which brought a stream of long hunters down the Clinch and Powell valleys into what is now Claiborne County.
The original survey and plat of the Town of Smithfield was made by Jordan Thomas, County Surveyor, for Captain Arthur Smith in 1750.
The land on which the town of Abingdon is situated was originally surveyed between the years 1748 and 1750 by Dr. Thomas Walker and was part of the Great Road that Colonel William Byrd III ordered cut through the wilderness on to Kingsport, Tennessee.
An existing Jacobean house was entirely rebuilt by Thomas Watson-Wentworth, 1st Marquess of Rockingham ( 1693 – 1750 ), and then reduced to the status of a mere wing by the immense scale of the new great addition made by his son the 2nd Marquess, who was twice Prime Minister, and who established at Wentworth Woodhouse an important Whig powerhouse.
A notable example that established the genre in English literature is Thomas Gray's Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard ( 1750 ).
The Forest Service investigated the name ' Cumberland ', and found it came to Kentucky in 1750 when Thomas Walker named the Cumberland River in honor of Prince William Augustus, Duke of Cumberland.
Chelsea takes its name from the estate and Georgian-style house of retired British Major Thomas Clarke, who obtained the property when he bought the farm of Jacob Somerindyck on August 16, 1750.
In 1750, he attacked Thomas Sherlock's notions of antediluvian prophecy, which had been published 25 years before.
Also included is Thomas Gray's, " Elegy on a Country Churchyard " ( 1750 ).
Louis Thomas Villaret de Joyeuse ( 29 May 1750 – 24 July 1812 ) was a French admiral.
* Thomas Brown ( loyalist ) ( 1750 – 1825 ), American Revolution commander of King's Rangers in Georgia
Portrait of Payne Knight by Thomas Lawrence ( painter ) | Sir Thomas LawrenceRichard Payne Knight ( 15 February 1750 – 23 April 1824 ) was a classical scholar, connoisseur, archaeologist and numismatist best known for his theories of picturesque beauty and for his interest in ancient phallic imagery.
* Thomas Watson-Wentworth, 1st Earl of Malton, 6th Baron Rockingham ( 1693 – 1750 ) ( created Marquess of Rockingham in 1746 )

1750 and Wright
* 1750 George Wright
Wright is best known for his publication An original theory or new hypothesis of the Universe ( 1750 ), in which he explains the appearance of the Milky Way as " an optical effect due to our immersion in what locally approximates to a flat layer of stars.
It became known as Stoke Park, and was rebuilt in 1750 by Norborne Berkeley, 4th Baron Botetourt ( died 1770 ), from a neo-classical design by Thomas Wright.
In the modern popular mind, English art from about 1750 – 1790 — what is sometimes called the " classical age " of English painting — was dominated by the closely contemporary figures of Sir Joshua Reynolds ( 1723 – 1792 ), George Stubbs ( 1724 – 1806 ), and Thomas Gainsborough ( 1727 – 1788 ), with Joseph Wright of Derby ( 1734 – 1797 ) perhaps equally well-known.

1750 and original
In the English-speaking world, the Douay-Rheims Bible — translated from the Latin Vulgate by expatriate recusants in Rheims, France in 1582 ( New Testament ) and in Douai, France in 1609 ( Old Testament )— which was revised by Bishop Richard Challoner in 1749 – 1752 ( the 1750 revision is that which is printed today ), was, until the prompting for " new translations from the original languages " given by Pope Pius XII in the 1942 encyclical letter Divino afflante spiritu and the Second Vatican Council, the translation used by most Catholics ( after Divino afflante spiritu, translations multiplied in the Catholic world, just as they multiplied in the Protestant world around the same time beginning with the Revised Standard Version, with various other translations being used around the world for English-language liturgies, ranging from the New American Bible, the Jerusalem Bible, the Revised Standard Version Second Catholic Edition, and the upcoming English Standard Version Catholic lectionary ).
The Hertford / Somerset line of Edward and Anne died out with the seventh Duke of Somerset in 1750 ; the descendents of Edward Seymour by his first wife, Catherine Fillol, then inherited the Somerset dukedom in accordance with the original letters of patent.
The original courthouse for the county was built in Smithfield in 1750.
The original Coebourne Log Mill was replaced in 1750 by a stone structure which was sold to Jonathan Dutton ( Dutton Mill Road is a major road in the area ) in 1792.
The borough's founder, Eli Lewis, was born nearby in 1750, the son of one of the original settlers, Ellis Lewis.
* Studies for Player Piano The original 1750 Arch recordings reissued
By 1750, disputes were arising, since all the original Commissioners were dead, and they had failed to appoint replacements.
March of the Guards to Finchley ( 1750 ), William Hogarth's satirical masterpiece, donated by the artist to the Foundling Hospital. The Committee Room, one of the original eighteenth century interiors, is the room where mothers intending to leave their babies would be interviewed for suitability.
Harrington must have been pleased by the meeting as, by 1750, Bridget Gunning had persuaded him to grant her a pension, which she then used to transport herself, Maria, and Elizabeth, back to their original home in Huntingdon, England.
Harrington must have been pleased by the meeting as, by 1750, Bridget Gunning had persuaded him to grant her a pension, which she then used to transport herself, Maria, and Elizabeth, back to their original home in Huntingdon, England.
& c., in which is contained, besides his works, a great number of original papers and records on religion, politics, anatomy, mathematics, architecture, antiquities, and most branches of polite literature, compiled by his son Christopher ; now published by his grandson, Stephen Wren, Esq., with the care of Joseph Ames ,’ London, 1750.
The Art of Fugue ( or The Art of the Fugue, original German: Die Kunst der Fuge ), BWV 1080, is a supposedly incomplete work by Johann Sebastian Bach ( 1685 – 1750 ).
Alfreton Hall was the successor to the original manor house, and was built c. 1750, with an additional wing added c. 1850 ; it is now a conference centre and restaurant.
The original tree of the slow-growing spruce, Picea abies ' Clanbrassiliana ', which originated nearby in about 1750, remains and is the oldest tree in any arboretum in Ireland.
This façade is thought to date from around 1750 – 1751, although the segmented windows of this facade suggest it was one of the first of the 2nd Baronet's improvements to the original house to be completed, as the curved or segmented window heads are symbolic of the earlier part of the 18th century.
Its original name was Kanchinadi but changed later to the name of the place where it drains into the Kaveri River in 1750 A. D.
Local Maori still call Taiaroa Head by its original name, Pukekura, which was also the name of the pa established there around 1750 and still occupied by Māori in the 1840s, before the land was taken by the government under the Public Works Act for building the lighthouse and the fortifications used during the Russian Scare of the 1880s.
This led to the formation of Presbyterian ' meeting-houses ' and congregations dissenting from the established state Church of Ireland just outside the original town ( 1717 ), originally at Drumillard and then relocating to ' McPhearson's Brae ' ( 1784 ) past Lakeview as now, two seceding congregations at Frankford ( 1750 ) and Garmony's Grove ( 1818 ), and finally another mainstream church at Broomfield ( 1841 ) ( now ' An Eaglais ' Heritage Centre and restaurant ); in addition, a commercial school and classical academy or grammar school run by a minister was set up supplementing local ' hedge schools '.
Listed as an architectural, urbanistic, landscape and historical heritage for IPHAN-the Institute of National Historic and Artistic Heritage, in 1989, the city has a Historical Center with large, ornate houses and churches of the 18th century, such as: First Church of Our Lady of the Rosary ( 1728 – 1732 ), Churches of Our Lady of the Carmo ( 1750 – 1754 ) and the Church of Our Lord of the Bonfim ( Pirenópolis ) ( 1750 – 1754 ), and buildings such as the Theater of Pirenópolis, a hybrid style between colonial and neo-classic, of 1899, and the Cine-Pireneus, built in the art-deco style, of 1919 and the House of Chamber and Jail constructed in 1919 as an identical restoration of the 1733 original.
* Sites with a main phase of development dating to between 1750 and 1820 where enough of the park or garden's landscape survives to reflect the original design.

0.266 seconds.