[permalink] [id link]
In 2001, the American Civil Liberties Union convinced the United States Drug Enforcement Administration to repay $ 7, 000 that it had seized from a black businessman in the Omaha, Nebraska airport on the false theory that it was drug money ; the ACLU called it " flying while black ".
Some Related Sentences
2001 and American
* Alain Connes, Andre Lichnerowicz, Marcel Paul Schutzenberger, Jennifer Gage ( translator ): Triangle of Thought, American Mathematical Society, 2001, ISBN 978-0821826140
* 1976 – Nawaf al-Hazmi, Saudi Arabian terrorist, hijacker of American Airlines Flight 77 ( d. 2001 )
* 1935 – John Phillips, American singer-songwriter and guitarist ( The Mamas & the Papas ) ( d. 2001 )
2001 and Civil
* Carew: A Story of Civil War in the West Country by Dennis Russell, ( Aidan Ellis Publishing, 2001 ).
However, KHAD has continued to operate after the fall of the Soviet backed government in 1992 and acted as the intelligence arm of the United Front or " Northern Alliance " during the Civil war in Afghanistan ( 1996 – 2001 ).
Unified Communist Party-controlled territory of Nepal, after the Nepalese Civil War of 2001 to 2006.
Roundhead Reputations: the English Civil Wars and the passions of posterity ( 2001 ), 387pp ; ISBN 0-14-100694-3.
* Michael Vorenberg, Final Freedom: The Civil War, the Abolition of Slavery, and the Thirteenth Amendment ( 2001 )
* Civil war in Afghanistan ( 1996 – 2001 ) – an armed conflict that continued after the capture of Kabul by the Taliban, in which the formation of the Afghan Northern Alliance attempted to oust the Taliban.
The Third Force: The Rise of Transnational Civil Society ( Carnegie Endowment for International Peace and Japan Center for International Exchange, 2001 ).
* Eicher, John H., and Eicher, David J., Civil War High Commands, Stanford University Press, 2001, ISBN 0-8047-3641-3.
He reported the Northern Ireland troubles in the 1970s, the Portuguese Revolution in 1974, the Lebanese Civil War, the Iranian revolution in 1979, the Soviet war in Afghanistan, the Iran – Iraq War, the Gulf War, the Bosnian War, the Algerian Civil War, the Kosovo War, the 2001 international intervention in Afghanistan and the invasion of Iraq in 2003.
2001 RA 9048 amends Articles 376 and 412 of the Civil Code of the Philippines, which prohibit the change of name or surname of a person, or any correction or change of entry in a civil register without a judicial order.
In 2001, Stephen Byers, then Secretary of State for Transport, was forced to resign because of the actions of his special adviser Jo Moore, who instructed a departmental civil servant, Martin Sixsmith, that September 11th 2001 would be " a good day to bury bad news "; this was seen as inappropriate political manipulation of the Civil Service.
She has received many honorary Degrees, including Doctor of Civil Laws from the University of Western Ontario in June 2000, Doctor of Humane Letters from Mount Saint Vincent University in May 2001, and Doctor of Laws degrees from the University of British Columbia in November 2001, the University of Waterloo in October 2006, in June 2009 from the University of Alberta and University of Guelph, and from Simon Fraser University in October 2009.
* Eicher, John H., & Eicher, David J., Civil War High Commands, Stanford University Press, 2001, ISBN 0-8047-3641-3.
He was the son of Count André de Laborde de Monpezat ( Mont-de-Marsan, 6 May 1907 – Le Cayrou, 23 February 1998 ) and his wife, Renée Doursenot ( Périgueux, 26 October 1908 – Le Cayrou 11 February 2001 ), ( married religiously Cahors, 6 January 1934 and civilly Cahors 22 January 1948 ), who was previously married firstly civilly in Paris on 29 September 1928 and divorced at the Tribunal Civil Français de Saigon on 21 September 1940 Louis Leuret ( Châteauneuf-sur-Loire, 18 March 1881 – Saigon, South Vietnam, 29 December 1962 ).
Among his productions are The Civil War ( 1990 ), Baseball ( 1994 ), Jazz ( 2001 ), The War ( 2007 ), The National Parks: America's Best Idea ( 2009 ) and Prohibition ( 2011 ).
The Civil Contingencies Secretariat, created in July 2001, is the department of the British Cabinet Office responsible for emergency planning in the UK.
* Eicher, John H., and David J. Eicher, Civil War High Commands, Stanford University Press, 2001, ISBN 0-8047-3641-3.
The American Civil Liberties Union and the Bill of Rights Defense Committee have all been vocal opponents of the PATRIOT Act of 2001, the proposed ( as of 2003 ) PATRIOT 2 Act, and other associated legislation made in response to the threat of domestic terrorism that it believes violates either the letter and / or the spirit of the U. S. Bill of Rights.
The court's ruling on April 18, 2001 stated that redistricting for political reasons did not violate Federal Civil Rights Law banning race-based gerrymandering.