[permalink] [id link]
International Women's Day rally in Dhaka, Bangladesh, organized by the National Women Workers Trade Union Centre on 8 March 2005.
Some Related Sentences
International and Women's
She is best remembered as a leader in the fight for women's right to vote, as a co-editor of the radical arts and politics magazine The Liberator, and as a co-founder of the Women's International League for Peace and Freedom.
Crystal Eastman was a noted anti-militarist, who helped found the Women's International League for Peace and Freedom.
Renamed the Women's International League for Peace and Freedom in 1921, it remains the oldest extant women's peace organization.
This led to the International Federation of Women's Hockey Associations ( IFWHA ) in 1927, though this did not include many continental European countries where women played as sections of men's associations and were affiliated to the FIH.
: The fluidity and wit of the witches is evident in the ever-changing acronym: the basic, original title was Women's International Terrorist Conspiracy from Hell [...] and the latest heard at this writing is Women Inspired to Commit Herstory.
Olson was released from the Central California Women's Facility in Chowchilla on parole March 17, 2008, and was blocked from boarding her flight to Minnesota at Los Angeles International Airport on March 21.
On Women's International Day in 2007, Dixit topped Rediff's list of the Best Bollywood Actresses Ever.
* 1911 – International Women's Day is launched in Copenhagen, Denmark, by Clara Zetkin, leader of the Women's Office for the Social Democratic Party in Germany.
* 1917 – International Women's Day protests in St. Petersburg mark the beginning of the February Revolution ( so named because it was February on the Julian calendar ).
* International Women's Day or Mother's Day ( primarily Eastern Europe, Russia, and the former Soviet bloc )
In her 60-year-long career, Peggy was the recipient of three Grammy Awards ( including the Lifetime Achievement Award ), an Academy Award nomination, The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers ( ASCAP ) Award, the President's Award, the Ella Award for Lifetime Achievement, and the Living Legacy Award from the Women's International Center.
Lee is a recipient of North Dakota's Roughrider Award ; the Pied Piper Award from The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers ( ASCAP ); the Presidents Award, from the Songwriters Guild of America ; the Ella Award for Lifetime Achievement, from the Society of Singers ; and the Living Legacy Award, from the Women's International Center.
The International Tennis Federation ( ITF ) conducts a junior tour that allows juniors to establish a world ranking and an Association of Tennis Professionals ( ATP ) or Women's Tennis Association ( WTA ) ranking.
File: Bundesarchiv Bild 102-07933, Berlin, Internationaler Frauenkongress. jpg | International Women's Union Congress in Berlin, 1929.
It was also declared the International Women's Year by the United Nations and the European Architectural Heritage Year by the Council of Europe.
International and Day
* International Jazz Day, organized by UNESCO, first observed in 2012, " is intended to raise awareness in the international community of the virtues of jazz as an educational tool, and a force for peace, unity, dialogue and enhanced cooperation among people.
* Earliest day on which International Friendship Day can fall, celebrated on the first Sunday of August.
On January 27, 1945, Auschwitz was liberated by Soviet troops, a day commemorated around the world as International Holocaust Remembrance Day.