[permalink] [id link]
" Lucky Star " was initially decided to be released as the third single from the album, but " Holiday " had already become a dance-hit in the United States.
Some Related Sentences
Lucky and Star
The 1963 edition of the short story collection The Happy Highwayman contains examples of abandoned revisions ; in one story published in the 1930s (" The Star Producers "), references to actors of the 1930s were replaced for 1963 with names of current movie stars ; another 1930s-era story, " The Man Who Was Lucky ", added references to atomic power.
Meanwhile, the Cheyenne and Arapaho Tribes operate three casinos: the Lucky Star Casino in Clinton, the Feather Warrior Casino in Watonga, and the Feather Warrior Casino in Canton.
Though she was dubbed in this film by Marjorie Lane, Eleanor recorded " You Are My Lucky Star " with Tommy Dorsey and His Orchestra ( Victor 25158 ).
His name is derived from Isaac Asimov's Lucky Starr series and the " Lone Star State " of Texas, as well as being a parody on the last names of the two heroes of Star Wars, Solo ( Lone ) and Skywalker ( Star ).
The controversy surrounding her marketing of sexuality began with the video for " Lucky Star ", and amplified over time due to clips such as " Like a Virgin ".
" Breathe " peaked at number one for four weeks in the United Kingdom and broke Madonna's song " Lucky Star " single for most played on radio.
Haggard's last number one hit was " Twinkle, Twinkle Lucky Star " from his smash album Chill Factor in 1988.
Lucky Luke helps a young editor, Horace Greeley, to set himself up in Dead End City and to establish his newspaper, The Daily Star.
Henderson's biggest hit songs included " That Old Gang of Mine " ( from the entries of Our Gang comedy shorts in the 1930's ), " Annabelle " ( both 1923 ), " Bye Bye Blackbird ", " Five Foot Two, Eyes of Blue ", " I'm Sitting on Top of the World " ( all 1925 ), " The Birth of the Blues " ( 1926 ), " The Varsity Drag " ( 1927 ), " You're The Cream In My Coffee " ( 1928 ), " Button Up Your Overcoat ", " You Are My Lucky Star " " I'm A Dreamer, Aren't We All ", " Keep Your Sunny Side Up " ( 1929 ), " The Thrill Is Gone ", and " Life Is Just a Bowl of Cherries " ( 1931 ).
* The Country Fair-Rides include The Dizzy Disk, the Amazing Flying Elephants, Lemon Twist, Shooting Star, Sky Rider, Veggietales Sideshow Spin Kid's Rollercoaster, Waltzing Swinger, Piggy Parade, Busy Bees, Lucky Ducky, Dolly's Demolition Derby, The Scrambler, and the Wonder Wheel.
* 2005: The Country Fair area is renovated to include 10 new rides: Dizzy Disk, the Amazing Flying Elephants, Lemon Twist, Shooting Star, Sky Rider, Veggietales Sideshow Spin Kid's roller coaster, Waltzing Swinger, Piggy Parade, Busy Bees, and Lucky Ducky.
Lucky and was
The album was a multi-platinum success and produced the pop hit " Lucky One " ( No. 18 pop and No. 2 AC ; No. 1 on Radio & Records ) as well as the title track ( a duet with country music star and future husband Vince Gill ) ( No. 37 pop ) and a cover of Joni Mitchell's frequently covered " Big Yellow Taxi " ( No. 67 pop ) ( in which she changed the line " And they charged the people a dollar and a half just to see em " to " And then they charged the people 25 bucks just to see em ").
A 1993 compilation called Lucky Thirteen was released, but it only covered Young's 1982 – 1988 output.
It was a beginning that eventually led to Elvis Presley recording a dozen of her songs, including " I Got Lucky " and " Spinout ".
In 1954, the 23 man crew of the Japanese fishing vessel Lucky Dragon was exposed to radioactive fallout from a hydrogen bomb test at Bikini Atoll, in 1969, an ecologically catastrophic oil spill from an offshore well in California's Santa Barbara Channel, Barry Commoner's protest against nuclear testing, Rachel Carson's book Silent Spring, Paul R. Ehrlich's The Population Bomb all added anxiety about the environment.
His first action as mayor was to order the chief of police to arrest mob boss Lucky Luciano on whatever charges could be found.
The same year her first story (" The Lucky Ones ") was published in the November 16, 1946 issue of The New Yorker, and credited to " Alice Bradley " in the magazine itself, but to " Alice Bradley Sheldon " in the magazine's DVD index.
Hill's adopted son Ross was killed in an accident in Stockbridge, Massachusetts in 1990 while the actor was preparing to film Lucky Luke on the Bonanza Creek Ranch near Santa Fe.
The new series, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, was an almost instant success, and the character, Oswald — drawn and created by Iwerks — became a popular figure.
" When he explained to Beckett that he was playing Lucky as if he were suffering from Parkinson's, Beckett said, "' Yes, of course.
When Beckett was asked why Lucky was so named, he replied, " I suppose he is lucky to have no more expectations ..."
* March 2 – The B-50 Superfortress Lucky Lady II under Captain James Gallagher lands in Fort Worth, Texas, after completing the first non-stop around-the-world airplane flight ( it was refueled in flight 4 times ).
Of the regular cast, only Coltrane and Tomlinson featured in " White Ghost " ( retitled " Lucky White Ghost " for some overseas markets ), which was set in Hong Kong.
First, a minor change was made to game play that now allows everyone to take at least one turn before the Doctor Lucky pawn determines turn order.
In 1954, the 23 man crew of the Japanese fishing vessel Lucky Dragon 5 was exposed to radioactive fallout from a hydrogen bomb test at Bikini Atoll.
Years later, LWT approached Jason hoping to revive Lucky Feller but Jason, conscious that he was being over-exposed, refused to let it be shown again.
* Payipwāt ( or Piapot: " who Knows the Secrets of the Sioux "), also known as " Hole in the Sioux " or Kisikawasan-‘ Flash in the Sky ’, Chief of the Cree-Assiniboine or the Young Dogs with great influence on neighboring Assiniboine, Downstream People, southern groups of the Upstream People and Saulteaux ( Plains Ojibwa ), born 1816, kidnapped as a child by the Sioux, he was freed about 1830 by Plains Cree, significant Shaman, most influential chief of the feared Young Dogs, convinced the Plains Cree to expand west in the Cypress Hills, the last refugee for bison groups, therefore disputed border area between Sioux, Assiniboine, Siksika Kainai and Cree, refused to participate in the raid on a Kainai camp near the present Lethbridge, Alberta, then the Young Dogs and their allies were content with the eastern Cypress Hills to the Milk River, Montana, does not participate at the negotiations on the Treaty 4 of 1874, he and Cheekuk, the most important chief of the Plains Ojibwa in the Qu ' Appelle area, signed on 9 September 1875 the treaty only as preliminary contract, tried with the chiefs of the River Cree Minahikosis (" Little Pine ") and Mistahi-maskwa (" Big Bear ") to erect a kind of Indian Territory for all the Plains Cree, Plains Ojibwa and Assiniboine-as Ottawa refused, he asked 1879-80 along with Kiwisünce ( cowessess-' Little Child ') and the Assiniboine for adjacent reserves in the Cypress Hills, Payipwāt settled in a reserve about 37 miles northeast of Fort Walsh, Minahikosis (" Little Pine ") and Papewes (‘ Lucky Man ’) asked successfully for reserves near the Assiniboine or Payipwāt-this allowed the Cree and Assiniboine to preserve their autonomy-because they went 1881 in Montana on bison hunting, stole Absarokee horses and alleged cattle killed, arrested the U. S. Army the Cree-Assiniboine group, disarmed and escorted them back to Canada-now unarmed, denied rations until the Cree and Assiniboine gave up their claims to the Cypress Hills and went north-in the following years the reserves changed several times and the tribes were trying repeated until to the Northwest Rebellion in 1885 to build an Indian Territory, Payipwāt remained under heavy guard, until his death he was a great spiritual leader, therefore Ottawa deposed Payipwāt on 15 April 1902 as chief, died in April 1908 on Piapot Reserve, Saskatchewan )
* Papewes ( Papaway-‘ Lucky Man ’, Chief of the Plains River Cree ( Sīpīwininiwak-paskwāwiyiniwak ), born in the late 1830s near Fort Pitt, was in the 1870s a leader of Mistahimaskwa ´ s Plains River Cree, as the bison disappeared, signed along with Little Pine on the 2nd July 1879 for the 470 members of his tribal group an annex to the Agreement No. 6 at Fort Walsh, in vain he asked for a reserve in the Cypress Hills and the Buffalo Lake, so many members went back to Mistahimaskwa (" Big Bear ") or joined Minahikosis (" Little Pine "), Papewes asked 1884 in vain a reserve adjacent to the reserves of Pitikwahanapiwiyin (' Poundmaker '), Minahikosis and Mistahimaskwa, during the rebellion of 1885 were the two groups of Papewes and Minahikosis scattered and some of their members fled in the U. S., 1886 settled the remaining members of the two groups in the Little Pine's reserve died 1901 nahe Fort Assiniboine, Montana )
It was the ballad, " Lucky Man ", which was a song Lake wrote when he had his first guitar at the age of 12, that brought the band to prominence.
Like " Lucky Man ", the song was a distinctively mellow acoustic ballad broken by an extended Moog solo.