[permalink] [id link]
Portions of the Denali Highway in Alaska are built on eskers
Some Related Sentences
Portions and Highway
Portions of the highway are still named Jefferson Highway, for example, the portions that run through Jefferson Parish, Louisiana, East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana, Osseo, Minnesota, and Wadena, Minnesota.
Portions of the old highway survive as local streets, some carrying the name Old Cariboo Highway ( as in Prince George ).
Portions of Route 14 remain signed with names associated with US 6, including Midland Trail, Theodore Roosevelt Highway and Grand Army of the Republic Highway.
Portions of the road were known as the Grant Highway, Black Hills Sioux Trail, and as part of the Omaha, Rosebud and Black Hills Highway and the Custer Battlefield Trail.
Portions of the route will be opened to traffic as construction is completed — the 20 kilometre section south of Sudbury from Crown Ridge to Estaire was opened for traffic on November 12, 2009, and the segment from Highway 559 to Parry Sound opened to traffic on October 26, 2010.
Portions of State Route 167 were added to Washington's state highway system as early as 1913 as part of the Pacific Highway, although most of this was then deleted in 1923.
Portions of this road still exist as Mountain Charlie Road, to the west of Highway 17 and south of Summit Road.
Portions of Highway 102 south of the Halifax International Airport pass through several microclimates and are notorious for frequent variations in visibility due to fog caused by elevation changes.
Portions of the freeway began to be completed and opened in 1959 with the new Interstate Highway funding, and they were later marked as SR 1 ( the Interstate Highway numbers did not go up until 1962 ).
Portions and Alaska
Portions of the Iditarod Trail were used by the Native American Inupiaq and Athabaskan peoples hundreds of years before the arrival of Russian fur traders in the 1800s, but the trail reached its peak between the late 1880s and the mid 1920s as miners arrived to dig coal and later gold, especially after the Alaska gold rushes at Nome in 1898, and at the " Inland Empire " along the Kuskokwim Mountains between Yukon and Kuskokwim rivers, in 1908.
Portions and are
Portions of the Apollo 17 mission are dramatized in the miniseries From the Earth to the Moon episode entitled " Le Voyage dans la Lune ".
Portions of structures that are subdivided by fire walls are permitted to be considered separate buildings, in that fire walls have sufficient structural stability to maintain the integrity of the wall in the event of the collapse of the building construction on either side of the wall.
: Portions of this section are adapted from Murray Sperber's book Shake Down The Thunder: The Creation of Notre Dame Football
Portions of Lake Abitibi's western shores and a section of the Abitibi River are part of the Abitibi-de-Troyes Provincial Park.
Portions of the song " Scared of You " are in Portuguese, while " Onde Estás " is entirely in Portuguese, reflecting Furtado's Portuguese heritage.
* Portions of this article are from Jason Harris ' " Astroinfo " which is distributed with KStars, a desktop planetarium for Linux / KDE.
Portions of Wheeling Island, Downtown Wheeling, and South Wheeling are segmented in the second Senate district.
Portions of the town are a historical district that has been designated a National Historic Landmark and is listed in the National Register of Historic Places by the U. S. National Park Service.
Portions of the route between Southern California and the Bay Area are named El Camino Real or El Camino Real Freeway, but such names are rarely used colloquially ; the route number is used instead.
Portions of the battlefield are preserved as Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania National Military Park, established in 1927.
Portions and built
World War I brought the creation of multiple new lines out of military needs: Portions of what is now the Coastal railway were built simultaneously by the Turkish and British and later merged during the British Mandate.
Portions of the College of Saint Elizabeth campus are in Florham Park, including the Villa of Saint Ann, a classical Greek amphitheater built into a hillside, and the original dairy farm for the complex.
Portions of this Onondaga village dating from the early eighteenth century were uncovered in the 1930s when East Syracuse High School was being built on Kinne St near James.
Portions of the wooded campus flow into Florham Park, New Jersey, including the Villa of Saint Ann, the campus classical Greek amphitheater built into a hillside, and the original dairy farm for the complex.
Portions of the freeway through Mississauga were built alongside established communities, leading to angry homeowners associations pressuring the province for noise mitigation measures and compensation.
Portions of the pre-1927 routes that had been taken over or built, but were not assigned new numbers, kept their old numbers.
Portions could be built next to the Delaware and Raritan Canal or along the New Brunswick and Trenton Turnpike.
Portions of the road wrap around cliffs that range from 50 to 200 ft. At the top of the Third Sister there are several shrines built by the local people more than 40 years ago to ensure safe passage for travelers.
Portions of the film were shot at Southwestern Studios in Carefree, Arizona, a facility originally built by cast member Fred Graham.
Portions of the roadway that became I-540 around Fayetteville were built in the early 1970s, but upgraded and extended in the mid-1990s.
Portions of the East side of Crescentville are actually built over former swamp land, while the West side was built on more stable bedrock.
Portions of the right-of-way were leased for use as storage facilities, parking lots, impound lots, and various businesses, however, no permanent structures were built.
Portions of the action take place at the " Villa Lewaro " mansion built by Madame C. J. Walker overlooking the Hudson River and at the Harlem townhouse of her daughter A ' Lelia Walker, known as " The Dark Tower ", located at 136th Street near Lenox Avenue.
Portions of the highway have been made redundant by extra roads built by Hydro Tasmania during their work on the upper Pieman River scheme and the Henty River dam schemes.
Portions of SR 20 are built near the routing of what was first a wagon road and later a turnpike in the late nineteenth century.
Portions of the elevated structures of the lines for which these cars were intended were built in the late 19th century and had never been strengthened to accommodate the standard subway cars used on all other lines.