[permalink] [id link]
Rowlf was featured on the # 7 Sirius Dodge of Casey Atwood in the 2002 Tropicana 400 in an advertising campaign in which he and his fellow Muppets were featured on a select few race cars.
Some Related Sentences
Rowlf and was
Frank Oz was going to take some time off from puppeteering, so Nelson was hired to perform Rowlf the Dog's right hand in his stead.
Though Kermit the Frog is often credited as the icon of Henson's Muppets, Rowlf was actually the first true Muppet " star " as a recurring character on The Jimmy Dean Show, first appearing in a show telecast on September 19, 1963.
Rowlf was built in 1962 for Purina Dog Chow commercials, in which he appeared with Baskerville the Hound.
At the end of the pitch reel, Rowlf is depicted as being eager to join the Sesame Street cast, while Kermit seems reluctant to do so ; ironically, it was Kermit who became a Sesame star, while Rowlf appeared only in one filmed segment and was never a part of the show's regular cast.
Jim Henson's last public performance as Rowlf before his death was as guest on The Arsenio Hall Show in 1990.
For several years afterward, the character was retired out of deference to Henson's memory as he was both the first Muppet to achieve popularity and, according to some sources, the character closest to Jim Henson's personality, with his son Brian saying in the introduction to episode 117 of The Muppet Show " Kermit was my father's best known character, but a lot of people think he was more like Rowlf in real life except he couldn't play the piano as well.
Rowlf appears in The Muppets, initially saddened he wasn't included in the montage depicting the principal Muppets being reunited ( Rowlf was asleep, and was simply woken up by Kermit and easily convinced to join the cause ), and helps rebuild the Muppet theater.
A solo album titled Ol ' Brown Ears is Back was released by BMG in 1993 and featured 14 songs recorded by Jim Henson as Rowlf.
One of the company's first characters to be seen regularly on national television was Rowlf the Dog, who was initially created for Purina Dog Chow commercials and soon became famous when he became a regular character on The Jimmy Dean Show from 1963 – 66.
* In 1970, Richard Corben wrote and illustrated a fantasy story entitled " Rowlf " ( aka " The Story of Rowlf ") that was published in Voice of Comicdom issues 16 & 17.
Rowlf and featured
The program also featured comedy and a variety of popular music artists, and Dean's sketches with one of Jim Henson's Muppets, Rowlf the Dog.
Rowlf and on
Fozzie Bear and Rowlf the Dog perform " English Country Garden " on episode 2. 18 of The Muppet Show
Afterwards Rowlf leaves the bar and joins Kermit and the other Muppets on their trip to Hollywood in search of fame and fortune.
Rowlf made a rare live appearance on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, where he sings the " 8 maids a milking " line for The Twelve Days of Christmas number.
Dr. Teeth only sings lead vocals on the second Muppet pilot and during the first season and these songs were only written before Rowlf had become firmly established as the regular Muppet pianist.
Rowlf and #
Rowlf and which
Rowlf finds a piano which he plays as Fozzie Bear sings " Sleigh Ride " with a Snowman that came to life while doing comedy before the Penguins and the Woodland Creatures.
Rowlf and fellow
Rowlf and Muppets
Equally likely to be found cracking dry jokes as tickling the ivories, Rowlf is one of the few Muppets rarely flustered by the mayhem so prevalent around The Muppet Show.
In 1984, Baby Rowlf debuted playing a toy piano during a musical number in The Muppets Take Manhattan.
Although he's only briefly seen, Rowlf had a more prominent role in the behind the scenes making-of special that accompanied it, Weezer and the Muppets Go Fishin.
Additionally, Bill Barretta recorded the vocals as Rowlf singing " The Christmas Party Sing-Along " for the 2006 The Muppets: A Green and Red Christmas album.
Rowlf and were
Jimmy Dean stated that the segments with Rowlf were one of the most popular parts of the show, and that Rowlf drew two thousand fan letters a week.
Rowlf and .
* Veterinarian's Hospital – Parody of the soap opera General Hospital and other medical dramas, consisting of Dr. Bob ( Rowlf ) cracking corny jokes in the operating room with Nurses Piggy and Janice, much to the bemusement of the hapless patient.
* Country Music with the Muppets-Hosted by Rowlf at a barnyard radio station, with guest stars Mac Davis, John Denver, Crystal Gayle, Loretta Lynn, Roger Miller, Roy Clark, Johnny Cash, Roy Rogers, and Dale Evans.
* Rowlf's Rhapsodies with the Muppets-Hosted by Rowlf, with guest stars Marisa Berenson, Peter Sellers, George Burns, and Steve Martin.
* Singer, actor, and sausage entrepreneur Jimmy Dean, known for his sketches with Jim Henson's Muppet Rowlf the Dog.
* Rowlf and Jimmy Dean ( October 8, 1967 ) – Jimmy Dean and Rowlf the Dog appear together for the last time and perform " Friendship " while doing the " herd of cows " gag.
During the latter number, Rowlf attempts to help Fozzie with his singing but is finally reduced to changing the hapless bear's lyrics to " I Don't Got Rhythm.
* Jim Henson ( 1936 – 1990 )-Kermit the Frog, Rowlf the Dog, Dr. Teeth, Link Hogthrob, Guy Smiley, Waldorf, Ernie, and several others.
After working as a professional animator, Corben started doing underground comics, including Grim Wit, Slow Death, Skull, Rowlf, Fever Dreams and his own anthology Fantagor.
The series stars Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Animal, Scooter, Skeeter, Rowlf the Dog, and Gonzo as the main muppets.
Rowlf the Dog is a Muppet character, a scruffy brown dog of indeterminate breed with a rounded black nose and long floppy ears.