[permalink] [id link]
There was a 3 day ban after the death of Chiang Kai-shek.
Some Related Sentences
There and was
There was brush, and stands of pine that no grass could grow under, and places so steep that cattle wouldn't stop to graze.
There was an artificial lake just out of sight in the first stand of trees, fed by a half dozen springs that popped out of the ground above the hillside orchard.
There a dozen giant monitors played their seventy-five-foot jets of water against the huge seam of tertiary gravel which was the mountainside.
There was only one place where the mountain might receive her -- that unnamed, unnameable pool harbored in its secret bosom.
There was a peculiar density about it, a thick substance that could be sensed but never identified, never actually perceived.
There was some idle talk, a listless discussion of this or that small happening during the day's drive.
There was a feeling that this mission would be canceled like all the others and that this muddy wet dark world of combat would go on forever.
There had been a good second or two during which my muffler had been blowing out, and now I was certain I'd seen her somewhere before.
There was something about the contour of her face, her smile that was like New Orleans sunshine, the way she held her head, the way she walked -- there was scarcely anything she did which did not fascinate me.
There and 3
There were four kinds of allegiances ( Rittson v Stordy ( 1855 ) 3 Sm & G 230 ; De Geer v Stone ( 1882 ) 22 Ch D 243 ; Isaacson v Durant ( 1886 ) 54 LT 684 ; Gibson, Gavin v Gibson 3 KB 379 ; Joyce v DPP AC 347 ; Collingwood v Pace ( 1661 ) O Bridg 410 ; Lane v Bennett ( 1836 ) 1 M & W 70 ; Lyons Corp v East India Co ( 1836 ) 1 Moo PCC 175 ; Birtwhistle v Vardill ( 1840 ) 7 Cl & Fin 895 ; R v Lopez, R v Sattler ( 1858 ) Dears & B 525 ; Ex p Brown ( 1864 ) 5 B & S 280 );
There are two types of caspases: initiator caspases, caspase 8, 10, 9, 2, and effector caspases, caspase 3, 7, 6.
" He noted that " the real triumph belongs to Stephen Sondheim ... the music is a celebration of 3 / 4 time, an orgy of plaintively memorable waltzes, all talking of past loves and lost worlds ... There is a peasant touch here.
There were 2, 481 households out of which 33. 9 % had children under the age of 18 living with them, 49. 0 % were married couples living together, 12. 7 % had a female householder with no husband present, and 33. 3 % were non-families.
There are 141 ecological Reserves, 35 provincial marine parks, 7 Provincial Heritage Sites, 6 National Historic Sites of Canada, 4 National Parks and 3 National Park Reserves.
There is a total of, ( double track ( as of 1998 )), of which are electrified, mainly at 3, 000 volts DC but with at 25 kV 50 Hz AC ( 2004 ) and all on standard gauge of.
There are four gearing options: two-speed hub gear integrated with chain ring, up to 3 chain rings, up to 11 sprockets, hub gear built in to rear wheel ( 3-speed to 14-speed ).
There are also brief glosses on " minor " judges: Shamgar ( 3: 31 ), Tola and Jair ( 10: 1-5 ), Ibzan, Elon, and Abdon ( 12: 8-15 ).
There are about 15, 000 species of flowering plants with 3, 000 species of trees ( 267 species are dipterocarps ), 221 species of terrestrial mammals and 420 species of resident birds in Borneo.
There would have to be a balance between the size of the warhead ( Orange Herald or Green Bamboo as developed by the Atomic Weapons Research Establishment ( AWRE ) and the need for it to be carried by any of the three V-bomber types in use, and that it should be able to reach Mach 3.
There were 46, 029 households, out of which 8, 467 ( 18. 4 %) had children under the age of 18 living in them, 13, 569 ( 29. 5 %) were opposite-sex married couples living together, 3, 855 ( 8. 4 %) had a female householder with no husband present, 1, 368 ( 3. 0 %) had a male householder with no wife present.
There were 1, 396 or 0. 8 % who were born in the same canton, while 44, 874 or 26. 9 % were born somewhere else in Switzerland, and 53, 774 or 32. 3 % were born outside of Switzerland.
There are 22. 9 million hectares ( 56. 5 million acres ) of forest ( 37 percent of the total land area ), but only 3. 4 million hectares ( 8. 4 million acres ) of dense forest, all in the south in the regions bordering the DRC.
There were 47, 291 housing units at an average density of 7, 354. 7 per square mile ( 2, 840. 3 / km² ).
There is, however, a GKOS keyboard application available for iPhone since May 8, 2010, for Android since October 3, 2010 and for MeeGo Harmattan since October 27, 2011.
There were 17, 592 households out of which 26. 6 % had children under the age of 18 living with them, 41. 3 % were married couples living together, 11. 6 % had a female householder with no husband present, and 42. 9 % were non-families.