[permalink] [id link]
* October 8 – Gabriel Marcel, French Catholic existential thinker ( b. 1889 )
Some Related Sentences
October and 8
Mr. Richard Preston, executive director of the New Hampshire State Planning and Development Commission, in his remarks to the Governors Conference on Industrial Development at Providence on October 8, 1960, warned against the fallacy of attempting to attract industry solely to reduce the tax rate or to underwrite municipal services such as schools when he said: `` If this is the fundamental reason for a community's interest or if this is the basic approach, success if any will be difficult to obtain ''.
Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota have many superb stretches of color which reach their height from the last few days of September well into October, especially in their northern sections, e.g., Wisconsin's Vilas County whose Colorama celebration is Sept. 29-Oct. 8.
* 1998 – Travelers Group announces an agreement to undertake the $ 76 billion merger between Travelers and Citicorp, and the merger is completed on October 8, of that year, forming Citibank.
Alexander Mackenzie, PC ( January 28, 1822 – April 17, 1892 ), a building contractor and newspaper editor, was the second Prime Minister of Canada from November 7, 1873 to October 8, 1878.
The first human born in the Antarctic was Solveig Gunbjørg Jacobsen born on 8 October 1913 in Grytviken, South Georgia.
In Florence on 8 September 1787 ( by proxy ) and again in Dresden on 18 October 1787 ( in person ), Anton married a second time with the Archduchess Maria Theresia of Austria ( Maria Theresia Josephe Charlotte Johanna ), daughter of the Grand Duke Leopold I of Tuscany, later Emperor Leopold II.
A hat-trick in the 8 – 1 rout of Switzerland in June 1963 took Charlton's England goal tally to 30, equalling the record jointly held by Tom Finney and Nat Lofthouse and Charlton's 31st goal against Wales in October the same year gave him the record alone.
Write About Love entered the UK albums chart in its first week of release, peaking at No. 8 as of 19 October 2010.
On 8 October 1908, just two days after Austria annexed Bosnia and Herzegovina, many men, some of them ranking Serbian ministers, officials and generals, held a meeting at City Hall in Belgrade.
The First Balkan War broke out when the League attacked the Ottoman Empire on 8 October 1912 and was ended seven months later by the Treaty of London.
Greece delayed the start of the war several times in the summer of 1912, to better prepare her navy, but Montenegro declared war on 8 October ( 25 September O. S .).
Croatia declared independence from Yugoslavia on 8 October 1991, which lead to the breakup of Yugoslavia.
Clement Richard Attlee, 1st Earl Attlee, KG, OM, CH, PC, FRS ( 3 January 1883 – 8 October 1967 ) was a British Labour politician who served as the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1945 to 1951, and as the Leader of the Labour Party from 1935 to 1955.
There is, however, a GKOS keyboard application available for iPhone since May 8, 2010, for Android since October 3, 2010 and for MeeGo Harmattan since October 27, 2011.
The official record with standing room remains 49, 335 for the game against Millwall Dockers, 8 October 1938.
October and –
E. B. Tylor ( 2 October 1832 – 2 January 1917 ) and James George Frazer ( 1 January 1854 – 7 May 1941 ) are generally considered the antecedents to modern social anthropology in Britain.
Alfred Bernhard Nobel ( äl ' fred bern ' härd nōbel ') () ( 21 October 1833 – 10 December 1896 ) was a Swedish chemist, engineer, innovator, and armaments manufacturer.
Alfons Maria Jakob ( 2 July 1884, Aschaffenburg / Bavaria – 17 October 1931, Hamburg ) was a German neurologist with important contributions on neuropathology.
" Histoire et Science Sociale: La Longue Durée " ( 1958 ) Annales E. S. C., 13: 4 October – December 1958, 725 – 753
The case was legally resolved on October 19, 1973 when U. S. District Judge Earl R. Larson held the ENIAC patent invalid, ruling that the ENIAC derived many basic ideas from the Atanasoff – Berry Computer.
* 1940 – An Italian submarine torpedoes and sinks the Greek cruiser Elli at Tinos harbor during peacetime, marking the most serious Italian provocation prior to the outbreak of the Greco-Italian War in October.
# Siegfried ( died 24 October 1184 ), Bishop of Brandenburg from 1173 – 1180, Prince-Archbishop of Bremen, the first ranked prince, from 1180 – 1184
The city and its fortified sourroundings were encircled 13 September – 16 October 1944 by the US 1st Infantry Division and 3rd Armored Division in conjunction with the US 2nd Armored Division and 30th Infantry Division during the prolonged Battle of Aachen, later reinforced by US 28th Infantry Division elements.
Vipsania Agrippina or most commonly known as Agrippina Major or Agrippina the Elder ( Major Latin for the elder, Classical Latin:, 14 BC – 17 October 33 ) was a distinguished and prominent Roman woman of the first century AD.
Transmission, Gregory Chaitin also presents this theorem in J. ACM – Chaitin's paper was submitted October 1966 and revised in December 1968, and cites both Solomonoff's and Kolmogorov's papers.
* María de las Mercedes, Princess of Asturias, ( 11 September 1880 – 17 October 1904 ), married on 14 February 1901 to Prince Carlos of Bourbon-Two Sicilies, and titular heiress from the death of her father until the posthumous birth of her brother
* Alfonso Sanz y Martínez de Arizala ( 28 January 1880, Madrid – 1970 ), married in 1922 to María de Guadalupe de Limantour y Mariscal ( d. 1977, Marbella ), daughter of Julio de Limantour y Marquet ( 17 June 1863, Mexico City – 11 October 1909, Mexico City ) and wife Elena Mariscal y ..., paternal granddaughter of French Joseph Yves de Limantour y Rence de la Pagame ( 1812, Ploemeur – 1885, Mexico City ) and wife Adèle Marquet y Cabannes ( 1820, Bordeaux –?