Ask AI3: What is Everleigh?
During his final term in office, Harrison established the Chicago Vice Commission and worked to close down the Levee district, starting with the Everleigh Club brothel on October 24, 1911.
Minna Everleigh's 1911 book, The Everleigh Club, Illustrated, advertised the brothel with photographs of the luxurious building and its lushly decorated interiors.
The Everleigh Club was a high-class brothel which operated in Chicago, Illinois from February 1900 until October 1911.
Prior to relocating to Chicago, the Everleigh sisters toured brothels in many cities, trying to find a location which had " plenty of wealthy men but no superior houses.
Victor Andrew de Bier Everleigh McLaglen ( 10 December 1886 – 7 November 1959 ) was an English boxer and World War I veteran who became a successful film actor.
Villages: Avebury, Burbage, Wolfhall, Oare, Easton Royal, Milton Lilbourne, Wootton Rivers, Collingbourne Ducis, Collingbourne Kingston, Upavon, Everleigh, Alton Barnes, Alton Priors, Bottlesford, Wilsford, North Newnton, Rushall, Manningford Bohune, Manningford Bruce, Woodborough, Charlton St. Peter, Wilton, East Grafton, Cadley, Huish, Stanton St Bernard, Patney, Beechingstoke, Marden, Marten, Enford, Netheravon, Fittleton, Wilcot, Chirton, Wexcombe.
*' Parishes: Enford ', A History of the County of Wiltshire: Volume 11: Downton hundred ; Elstub and Everleigh hundred ( 1980 ), pp. 115-134, retrieved 03: 24 Oct 16, 2009 ( UTC )
* The Everleigh Club, an early 20th century Chicago brothel owned by the sisters Ada and Minna Everleigh
Everleigh, pronounced and also sometimes spelt Everley, is a village and civil parish in Wiltshire, England.
The settlement of East Everleigh is contiguous with the village while Lower Everleigh is more than a mile to the west ; it, like Everleigh, lies on the main A342 road that connects Andover and Devizes.
Everleigh had a parish church by 1228, when it was granted to the Benedictine Wherwell Abbey in Hampshire.
Prof. John Wallis ( 1675-1738 ), who was rector of Everleigh from 1716, was at the same time Laudian Professor of Arabic at the University of Oxford.