[permalink] [id link]
* George Stevens – 5 wins ( Freetrader ( 1856 ), Emblem ( 1863 ), Emblematic ( 1864 ), The Colonel ( 1869, 1870 ))
Some Related Sentences
George and Stevens
Show spotlights the Kings -- George Worth, Bill Kay, Frank Ciciulla and Gene Wilson, flanked by Dave Grossman and Ron Stevens.
On March 5, 1868, the impeachment trial began in the Senate and lasted almost three months ; Reps. George S. Boutwell, Ben Butler and Thaddeus Stevens acted as managers ( prosecutors ) for the House and William M. Evarts, Benjamin R. Curtis and Attorney General Henry Stanberry served as Johnson's counsel ; Chief Justice Chase served as presiding judge.
After the war ended, Capra, along with directors William Wyler and George Stevens, founded Liberty Films.
He explained to director and producer George Stevens, Jr. that he felt that " big stars are barely trained or not very well trained.
When Kazan received an Honorary Academy Award in 1999, the audience was noticeably divided in their reaction, with some including Nick Nolte, Ed Harris, Ian McKellen and Amy Madigan refusing to applaud, and many others, such as actors Kathy Bates, Meryl Streep and Warren Beatty and producer George Stevens, Jr. standing and applauding.
Ford managed to secure other roles in movies, such as A Time for Killing ( The Long Ride Home ), starring Glenn Ford, George Hamilton and Inger Stevens.
On 27 May 2009, David Leveaux as director opened the latest London production of Arcadia at the Duke of York's Theatre with Samantha Bond, Nancy Carroll, Jessie Cave, Trevor Cooper, Sam Cox, Lucy Griffiths, Tom Hodgkins, Hugh Mitchell, Neil Pearson, George Potts, Dan Stevens and Ed Stoppard.
In addition, Lean directed some scenes of The Greatest Story Ever Told ( 1965 ) while George Stevens was doing location work in Nevada.
Due to the film's perceived failure, Hawks was released early from his two-film contract with RKO and Gunga Din was eventually directed by George Stevens.
Director George Stevens originally cast Montgomery Clift as Shane, William Holden as Joe Starrett ; when they both proved unavailable, the film was nearly abandoned.
Even though she had not made a picture in five years, Arthur accepted the part at the request of George Stevens with whom she had worked in two earlier films, The Talk of the Town ( 1942 ) and The More the Merrier ( 1943 ) for which she received her only Oscar nomination.
Director George Stevens also used a small cannon and fired it into a garbage can to create the loud report of the pistol for maximum effect.
It was directed by George Stevens, produced by Joseph L. Mankiewicz and written by Ring Lardner Jr. and Michael Kanin ( his brother Garson Kanin thought up the original idea and worked with Katharine Hepburn along with brother Michael and Lardner on the early drafts, without credit.
These changes were made by Louis B Mayer, producer Joseph L. Mankiewicz and director George Stevens.
George and –
E. B. Tylor ( 2 October 1832 – 2 January 1917 ) and James George Frazer ( 1 January 1854 – 7 May 1941 ) are generally considered the antecedents to modern social anthropology in Britain.
* 1911 – During the Battle of Deçiq, Dedë Gjon Luli Dedvukaj, leader of the Malësori Albanians, raises the Albanian flag in the town of Tuzi, Montenegro, for the first time after George Kastrioti ( Skenderbeg ).
* 1738 – Premiere in London, England, Great Britain of Serse, an Italian opera by George Frideric Handel.
* 1789 – On the balcony of Federal Hall on Wall Street in New York City, George Washington takes the oath of office to become the first elected President of the United States.
* 1770 – James Cook names and lands on Possession Island, Queensland and claims the east coast of Australia as New South Wales in the name of King George III.
* 1776 – The Battle of Long Island: in what is now Brooklyn, New York, British forces under General William Howe defeat Americans under General George Washington.
* 1782 – George Washington orders the creation of the Badge of Military Merit to honor soldiers wounded in battle.
* 1794 – U. S. President George Washington invokes the Militia Acts of 1792 to suppress the Whiskey Rebellion in western Pennsylvania.